Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Neil Adams: A "Norwich Man"?

A hypothetical scenario for you to consider on this humid Monday morning. Suspend your disbelief for a time and imagine that Neil Adams'' tenure at Norwich is like the second coming- we romp home to the Championship title, followed by a top-ten finish in the Prem, and European qualification the next year. What do you think would tempt Neil away from the club he says he supports? Would he, like Lambert, jump at the chance to manage a so-called bigger club like Villa? How about Everton? After all he did spend some time there early in his career. Or would it take one of the really big teams for him to be tempted away?

I think its difficult to answer until we know how good he''s going to be.If I had to be pinned down to an opinion I see him more likely to be an average manager who will be happy to stay here, rather than a rising superstar, destined for a big club.I''ll be more than happy for that opinion to be proven wrong though!

Adams strikes me as being a family man, settled in the area (for 20 odd years now). He has got his big chance now, and I dont think he will waste it by moving if he manages do do a bright job.

Something is telling me he is here for the long term.

I agree with Morty, strangely enough. Same with Hughton. Didn''t strike me as an ambitious man, which reflected in our performances and results. Think he would''ve happily stayed here for years and years.

Same with Neil. Doesn''t strike me as ambitious. Just happy to be a first team manager of a decent club. My guess is that the next few years will be average ones in the Championship before we make a change and get promoted again.

Like Morty, I''d be delighted to be proved wrong.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I agree with Morty, strangely enough. Same with Hughton. Didn''t strike me as an ambitious man, which reflected in our performances and results. Think he would''ve happily stayed here for years and years.

Same with Neil. Doesn''t strike me as ambitious. Just happy to be a first team manager of a decent club. My guess is that the next few years will be average ones in the Championship before we make a change and get promoted again.

Like Morty, I''d be delighted to be proved wrong.[/quote]

Don''t say things like that, you will be sent to the gallows.

When so many on this forum think we will win league with ease.

We have the new Franz Beckenbauer at centre back, how can we fail.

You sound like a person with realism.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]I agree with Morty, strangely enough. Same with Hughton. Didn''t strike me as an ambitious man, which reflected in our performances and results. Think he would''ve happily stayed here for years and years.

You sound like a person with realism.[/quote]
Who has said we will win the league with ease?
You should compile a list, to illustrate your point.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]I agree with Morty, strangely enough. Same with Hughton. Didn''t strike me as an ambitious man, which reflected in our performances and results. Think he would''ve happily stayed here for years and years.

[/quote] Many on here think we will walk the championship, which if the club is run correctly 4th should be our worst position with resources, fanbase, etc etc. Can I ask you a question morty did you think Gary Doherty was a good player?

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]I agree with Morty, strangely enough. Same with Hughton. Didn''t strike me as an ambitious man, which reflected in our performances and results. Think he would''ve happily stayed here for years and years.

[/quote] Many on here think we will walk the championship, which if the club is run correctly 4th should be our worst position with resources, fanbase, etc etc. Can I ask you a question morty did you think Gary Doherty was a good player?[/quote]
Fairly sure I havent seen anyone win the league with ease, which was your point, wasn''t it?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]I agree with Morty, strangely enough. Same with Hughton. Didn''t strike me as an ambitious man, which reflected in our performances and results. Think he would''ve happily stayed here for years and years.

[/quote] Many on here think we will walk the championship, which if the club is run correctly 4th should be our worst position with resources, fanbase, etc etc. Can I ask you a question morty did you think Gary Doherty was a good player?[/quote]
Fairly sure I havent seen anyone win the league with ease, which was your point, wasn''t it?
[/quote]

No, my point was anyone who posts on here with realism is classed as negative by so many. The win the league with ease was tongue in cheek, which you should realise if over 21. Franz Beckenbauer was a famous german international footballer.