Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Our Pre Season is a joke.

Simmo_2 is my new hero.

I''ve been thinking that this board is getting a bit stale with only the utterances of Wiz & the multiple personalities of Waveney saying it as it is so this new giant of a poster is welcome, and not before time.

Not since the halycon days of Smudger has such a giant posted amongst us. Perhaps he would be willing to gather the congregation in the Murderers before leading a protest march of his many followers to the ground for the first home match of the season demanding the changes he articulates so well.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Without trying to sound too arrogant, surely playing against a team of our size and stature with some established internationals playing would be incentive enough. I know if say Palermo or whoever needed a game at late notice over here and approached my saturday league team, i''d play without pay.[/quote]

Not really up to the players though, the club would make the decision and the club would be stupid to agree to play for nothing. But then the club might have actually made a saving overall as they wouldn''t have had to play Novara due to thier no show.

As pre-seasons go, this isn''t really that big a problem. The players got a run out and dealt with it professionally, no one was injured and 23 of the 24 got a game. They''ll need to step it up against Livorno on Wednesday and then further improve against Bastia (potenially the toughest game of the pre-season).