Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Our Pre Season is a joke.

Who arranged these matches against pub sides, they should be sacked for incompetence.

It must be a happy clapper who likes the goal music.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Who arranged these matches against pub sides, they should be sacked for incompetence.

It must be a happy clapper who likes the goal music.[/quote]

More than likely the same people who thought it would be a good idea not to have canary call in closed season. Which stops people like your good self, voicing valid opinions which the world needs to hear. However if we loose the first game of the season you can bring it up then.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]the game was changed at the last minute which was ''beyond our control''

stop whining[/quote]

So we had to play this team, is that what you are saying and who enforced this?

If this is true miggins tell me what else the club are being enforced against there wishes because I cant believe they would choose to play a pub team.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="mrs miggins"]the game was changed at the last minute which was ''beyond our control''

stop whining[/quote]

If this is true miggins tell me what else the club are being enforced against there wishes because I cant believe they would choose to play a pub team.[/quote]Are you aware that the team we were meant to be playing ( who were of better quality) pulled out of the fixture at the last minute?And this was the best they could rustle up at short notice.Now do you understand?

Were you born an outraged idiot simmo or did you have to work at it?

Didnt Sampdoria pull out of an arranged friendly also?

Albeit with several weeks notice, but still.

Dont know how common it is for teams to agree on friendlies and then drop out of it, but it smells a little bit of amateruism.

I have to say that I''m not so sure the world really does need to hear some of these opinions so perhaps it is good there isn''t a wider forum for them.

Preseason is always hit and miss, late fixture changes often pop up and we are fortunate that it doesn''t happen often to us but IMO it is better to get a good run-out rather than just training among the same guys. It is still early doors and there are harder tests to come before the big kick-off, we''ll find out how well it has gone then - anyone jumping to conclusions until then, good or bad, is being rather foolish.

[quote user="grefstad"]Didnt Sampdoria pull out of an arranged friendly also?

Albeit with several weeks notice, but still.

Dont know how common it is for teams to agree on friendlies and then drop out of it, but it smells a little bit of amateruism.[/quote]

I am not sure who you mean is amateurish by that post. But as it was Sampdoria who dropped out it must be them. Certainly thy Canaries had nothing to do with the decision. Unless you are using the situation to have a dig at the board.

Well...ususally the arrangement of friendlies is a contracted thing. Not just a phone call and then it is settled. It is a lot of money in travelling, accomodation, etc, so there is a contract involved to stop clubs pulling out in the last moment creating cost issues and also replacement issues for the "innocent" team.

So yes, there is a slight dig on the board or the administration, rather, for the amazing thing that 2 friendlies with Italian teams are called off.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="mrs miggins"]the game was changed at the last minute which was ''beyond our control''

stop whining[/quote]

If this is true miggins tell me what else the club are being enforced against there wishes because I cant believe they would choose to play a pub team.[/quote]Are you aware that the team we were meant to be playing ( who were of better quality) pulled out of the fixture at the last minute?And this was the best they could rustle up at short notice.Now do you understand?[/quote]

I understand the players would have been better off playing against each other than playing crap like that. Do you undertand that? Dooh

I think scoring 13 goals is brilliant no matter who your playing. Would be different on here say if we lost to a conference side 1-0.... Oh didn''t that happen already

I presume you whiners accusing the club of amateurish incompetence have checked out the pre-season history of dozens of other, more ''professional'', clubs over the years to verify that the same thing has never, ever happened to any one of them before shooting your mouths off? You did do that, right?

[quote user="simmo_2"]I understand the players would have been better off playing against each other than playing crap like that. Do you undertand that? Dooh[/quote]Do they not do that virtually every day in training? Dooh...dah...wait-for-it...ding!

I see why you''d be worried but it''s ideal to start the summer against some easy sides to warm up, get a few people a few goals (like RvW for example) and up the ante with each friendly. Nice will be decent opposition and then Celta Vigo even more so. We''ll be ready for the Wolves match.

Its not so strange many others also face pub team''s these days for first friendly

Crystal palace won 13-1 Grazzer AK last week also Burnley won 8-0 against 5 th lig Austrians etc etc.

Only strange is that almost no serious team prepare in Italy at this moment as most of them is around Austria.

This make very limited choice to find normal team to play.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]The only joke here is simmo_2. Thick as shit.[/quote]

Keep smiling and happy clapping, bet you love the goal music!

[quote user="Boris"]Its not so strange many others also face pub team''s these days for first friendly

Crystal palace won 13-1 Grazzer AK last week also Burnley won 8-0 against 5 th lig Austrians etc etc.

Only strange is that almost no serious team prepare in Italy at this moment as most of them is around Austria.

This make very limited choice to find normal team to play.[/quote]

That''s the point, that was our 3rd poor side we have played not 1st.

I can understand the Dereham match helping local clubs etc.

"Hullo neyull!!! I DUNT loike the ghoullll musak. Also I DUNT loike outsiders. Pre seasons a jooke buh! Gotta goo feed that pigs now neyull buuuyyyy!"

simmo_2 wrote the following post at 21/07/2014 12:01 PM:

"Keep smiling and happy clapping, bet you love the goal music! "

You are either a child or a complete idiot. Go away and try to understand why we played a STAND-IN team rather than the scheduled opponents (you may need an Adult to help you). Then you can come back and apologise for being a complete bell end.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]simmo_2 wrote the following post at 21/07/2014 12:01 PM:

You are either a child or a complete idiot. Go away and try to understand why we played a STAND-IN team rather than the scheduled opponents (you may need an Adult to help you). Then you can come back and apologise for being a complete bell end.[/quote] Yes we all know why we played a stand in team, but the stand in team were no better than a Anglian Combination Division 2. I cant believe we could not have found better quality than that to play. The Italian equivalent to Kings Lynn would have made it a little worthwhile. The only headline which will come out of a match like that is A N Other is out for season because of bad tackle. Stop your insults and look at the bigger picture.

I kinda feel sorry for yesterdays opposition. well out of their depth but were able to give us a game at very short notice.

we must have been a really big team for them... fair play for them turning up knowing they will get a battering and they may have learned a few things on the back of the game,

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]simmo_2 wrote the following post at 21/07/2014 12:01 PM:

You are either a child or a complete idiot. Go away and try to understand why we played a STAND-IN team rather than the scheduled opponents (you may need an Adult to help you). Then you can come back and apologise for being a complete bell end.[/quote] Yes we all know why we played a stand in team, but the stand in team were no better than a Anglian Combination Division 2. I cant believe we could not have found better quality than that to play. The Italian equivalent to Kings Lynn would have made it a little worthwhile. The only headline which will come out of a match like that is A N Other is out for season because of bad tackle. Stop your insults and look at the bigger picture.[/quote]Re-read your opening post and maybe you''ll realise why people are having a pop.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I kinda feel sorry for yesterdays opposition. well out of their depth but were able to give us a game at very short notice.

we must have been a really big team for them... fair play for them turning up knowing they will get a battering and they may have learned a few things on the back of the game,

[/quote]

I''m sure they were paid enough to not feel too sorry for themselves.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

amateur side.. were they paid at all?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

amateur side.. were they paid at all?

[/quote]

They are semi-pro. In pretty much all friendlies one team is paying the other to turn up. I''m sure they made a few thousand euros for thier club yesterday - which isn''t anything out of the ordinary.

You can''t rustle up a team on their day off with a couple hours notice without a little incentive.

Without trying to sound too arrogant, surely playing against a team of our size and stature with some established internationals playing would be incentive enough. I know if say Palermo or whoever needed a game at late notice over here and approached my saturday league team, i''d play without pay.