Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Holt to West Ham?

Rumour only, but -    "Wigan striker Grant Holt could be set for a £750,000 move to West Ham, after falling out of favour at the DW Stadium."(sportinastorm.com)

Yes, it is Norwich related - he used to play for us.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Rumour only, but -    "Wigan striker Grant Holt could be set for a £750,000 move to West Ham, after falling out of favour at the DW Stadium."(sportinastorm.com)

Yes, it is Norwich related - he used to play for us.

[/quote]Could be, A Carroll to Newcastle, Big Sams plan A last year could be Plan B this year with Holt off the bench.

I will be astonished if any Premiership clubs pays any money for Grant Holt.

I watched a 15 minute highlight video of his time here the other day. Maybe I''m being silly but I kinda want him back here. No reason he can''t still be good, his game was never really about pace so not too sure why he would be much worse.

Hughton destroyed him with his defensive tactics. Grant said himself he didn''t like the style of play. Hughton is now gone, I think he could score a good few goals in the champo.

More info -"Wigan striker Grant Holt has attracted interest from Premier League side West Ham after dropping out of Latics'' pre-season tour.The

former Norwich City and Rochdale striker had a loan spell at Aston

Villa last season and appears surplus to requirements at the DW Stadium.Holt

will not be involved with his club for the tour of Germany and will

spend that time getting fully fit and finding a new club. The

33-year-old is understood to be available for around £750,000 and that

has alerted the Hammers, who are in the market for another target man. Hammers

boss Sam Allardyce is a fan of the striker and previously tried to sign

the Holt when he was plying his trade at Carrow Road."  http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/West-Ham-United/Holt-hoping-to-earn-move/X1Y85Z1781359?#sthash.ZTteZ1s4.dpuf

[quote user="morty"]I will be astonished if any Premiership clubs pays any money for Grant Holt.

[/quote]

£750k is nothing to a Premiership club. West Ham seriously struggled with strikers last season and Holt is a perfect match for Big Sam. Can''t imagine many Champ clubs would want him as first choice with the quality of strikers around so he''d probably happily sit on a PL clubs bench all season.

Didn''t help villa last season after wigan realised he is passed it (as well as being injured), won''t help West Ham, especially as they still have carroll and C. Cole, they have no need to sign him

Looks more like Holt''s agent is working overtime in an attempt to get one last pay day as opposed to anything else.

Lakey will be hoping this move comes off. He would have to get off his @rse (and pay) to watch Holt at Carlisle but if he goes to W Ham, he will be able to see him on a stream. [:$]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Lakey will be hoping this move comes off. He would have to get off his @rse (and pay) to watch Holt at Carlisle but if he goes to W Ham, he will be able to see him on a stream. [:$][/quote]

Not so. Carlisle have their own TV channel called "BluesTV" and show all matches live.  There is a phone in on there too, where people vent their frustrations.  I''ve never used it though, because its the same as canary call, you just get a load of w*nkers on there.  You can see it on channel 912.......[;)]