Sign in to follow this  
daz

take a bow wesley !!

yes the team we played were practically a pub side but............HOW good was wes''s goal ?!!? scooped right over the head of the keeper great goal... was a couple of other decent long range goals from Redmond and murphy..

Almost as good as that one Ramires got against Barca at the Nou Camp.

Almost.

[quote user="daz"]yes the team we played were practically a pub side but............HOW good was wes''s goal ?!!? scooped right over the head of the keeper great goal... was a couple of other decent long range goals from Redmond and murphy..[/quote]

Yes but he spoilt it by not celebrating. Get rid.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]I wouldn''t exactly call it the pick of the goals, to be honest.[/quote]

You know very little about football then, clearly you''ve never played the game.

The technique displayed by wes was absolute class. Which goal do you consider to have been better?[/quote]
There were 3 or 4 of the goals that were easily as good.
I wouldnt exactly call a chip over a second rate, poorly positioned keeper " absolute class"
If someone else scored it I doubt you would be so enthusiastic.
And yes, I have played football.

[quote user="morty"]I wouldn''t exactly call it the pick of the goals, to be honest.[/quote]

Maybe not, but the hardest to execute, great finish!

[quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]if it was anyone but wes hoolahan morty would have been creaming himself....[/quote]In the interests of football debate, would you care to expand on your point, explaining the reasons for your opinion?

[quote user="Monty burns"][quote user="morty"]I wouldn''t exactly call it the pick of the goals, to be honest.[/quote]

Maybe not, but the hardest to execute, great finish![/quote]I didn''t say there was anything wrong with the goal, he took it well. But is it the stand out, best goal of the game? Nah.

Whittaker''s, for example, was a better finish, sweetly struck off his weak foot.

Hoolahan''s was nice but quite easy to execute.

I have to agree with Morty I''m afraid. It was nowhere near goal of the night. When a keeper comes out that far and that slowly, a scoop over his head is not the most difficult finish technically. I''ve personally always found it more difficult to find the corner from 25/30 yards on the move and a number of our goals were like that. However, that''s not to take anything away from him. It was a very nice finish. But we all know Wes has that in his locker. To be honest, I was just glad to see him on the scoresheet, despite the opposition. I''d really like him to hit the ground running this season. A Wes Hoolahan who''s scoring goals will be a real asset to us this season. 

[quote user="GJP"]Whittaker''s, for example, was a better finish, sweetly struck off his weak foot.

Hoolahan''s was nice but quite easy to execute.[/quote]

Come on..easy to execute?! Your kidding right?

Watch it again!

Hate to use this term but.. If you have played the game it''s an incredibly hard technique to get right!

I thought the quality of movement and the goals was excellent. Wes disguised his chip very well to make the keeper crouch before he hit it. It was a good goal. Even against a Conference level side it was still an excellent performance by all. Nobody celebrated any of the goals any more than they did against Braintree.

[quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]Morty, your initial reaction to the thread was obliviously to attempt to rile some posters, otherwise there was no need to comment on the thread. Still, at least you got a little bit of attention.[/quote]Not in the slightest. In my opinion it wasn''t a wonder goal, and it wasn''t the best goal of the game. What part of someone posting their football opinion, on a football forum are you exactly struggling with?Have a read back through all your posts and count up how many times you have expressed a football opinion, against how many times you have just made posts like the one I have quoted.

[quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]Wes'' goal was en excellent strike with very good technique in a game of some very good goals, albeit against an amateur goalkeeper.

There, is that good enough for you?[/quote]See, you can discuss football if you try.[:)]

[quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]And to be honest pal I wouldn''t want to mention non-football debate, you''re one of the worst offenders for that on the website.[/quote]You''re doing it again.....

[quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]So are you, you tool.[/quote]So, hang on a minute, let me get this straight.So far in this thread all I have talked about the sunbject matter, you have mostly talked about me.And I''m somehow derailing things?Really?

[quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]I''ll be the man here and end this argument.[/quote]Mainly because you have realised that you''re making yourself look a bit of a tit..

[quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]Wow, you obviously have issues.

Go and take a lay down, son.[/quote]
I have issues with idiots like you who are more interested in talking about me, than they are about Norwich City.
I shall bid you good day, if you have some traffic near you, feel free to go play in it.

What are your thoughts on Wes Hoolahan and how do you think he''ll fare this season?

Personally, even though he can be ineffective, he''s one of a small number in the squad who can have a real impact on our attacking play.

I''m predicting he''ll be an important part of the squad in the coming season.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lowestoft Determined Canary"]I''ll be the man here and end this argument.[/quote]Mainly because you have realised that you''re making yourself look a bit of a tit..[/quote]
[Y]
Anyway it was a good goal from Wes but I thought Josh Murphy''s volley from outside of the box was better.

[quote user="Flecky''s Flip-Flop"]I have to agree with Morty I''m afraid. It was nowhere near goal of the night. When a keeper comes out that far and that slowly, a scoop over his head is not the most difficult finish technically. I''ve personally always found it more difficult to find the corner from 25/30 yards on the move and a number of our goals were like that. However, that''s not to take anything away from him. It was a very nice finish. But we all know Wes has that in his locker. To be honest, I was just glad to see him on the scoresheet, despite the opposition. I''d really like him to hit the ground running this season. A Wes Hoolahan who''s scoring goals will be a real asset to us this season. [/quote

What!? Not a difficult finish? I''m sorry but that''s rubbish. Technically it''s much easier to hit a ball with your laces from 25 yards and find the net. 99% of footballers can strike a ball sweetly with the laces. To scoop a moving ball and loop it to profection is much harder, and only small proportion of footballers could pull that off.

However I do agree with the rest of your post. We really need him to hit the ground running, which I predict he will, given the chance. I can the impression Neil Adams will see him as a key player, which is good given the Hughton debacle.