Sign in to follow this  
morty

Goals from this evening.

Having been at the gutless display at San Jose in pre-season last year, how much better it is to see the boys having some fun. I feared at the time from the performance that last year was going to be forgettable. Seems to me that Mr Adams may just be what our boys need. I''m looking forward to this seasons performances. Couldn''t say the same last year.

Must admit, I like the new kit, nice to have something a bit different.

Also enjoyed the goals, pub team or not, still pleasure to be had in seeing Norwich scoring that many goals :)

[quote user="Barossa"]The new strip looks truly, truly awful[/quote]

Funny how people can have such different tastes. I think it looks great.

Apologies if it''s been mentioned elsewhere, but was that 2 teams we played against in each half?If not, what was the deal with the change of kit? [:S]

Movements and instincts of the young lads top notch

Kit is good as well

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Razor Blade"]Having been at the gutless display at San Jose in pre-season last year, how much better it is to see the boys having some fun. I feared at the time from the performance that last year was going to be forgettable. Seems to me that Mr Adams may just be what our boys need. I''m looking forward to this seasons performances. Couldn''t say the same last year.[/quote]Its funny, because some people are moaning about last night. Yeah, its obvious the opposition weren''t the best, but I still don''t understand why people feel the need to moan.As said in another thread, pre season friendlies don''t really matter, unless we lose and its "sack the board!"

Thanks for the photos. The gulf between the teams was evident - the Italians were short on pace and movement, and also tackling. They looked what their league position suggests. It was good of them to step in at the last moment.

It was all too easy, but at least our boys were committed, even if they were relaxed and enjoying themselves. They were trying, presumably for a starting place at Molineux.

Did our lads gain from the experience? Probably - confidence in shooting and passing - something lacking last season, and awareness of each other.

Thanks for posting Morty.

I am sure the club were gutted the original team pulled out as they would have been better putting two teams out themselves, still it was a run out.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Barossa"]The new strip looks truly, truly awful[/quote] Funny how people can have such different tastes. I think it looks great.[/quote]

Same here Jim, very slick. [Y]

Cheers for posting the gewls Morty.I was at Braintree last week and we looked far better than in any friendly I went to when HOOOTUN was here.I know yesterday''s oppo were poor but it''s still nice to win.

I know it''s probably not the test that the management team might have wanted, but in the long run it might not be such a bad thing for a team that had forgotten how to score.

Wesley''s goal was a cracker.

I think there''s a real ''bounce'' about the squad so far, and the movement and quality of the goals was excellent. Good that the young players scored goals to boost their confidence. We''ll know more when we play stronger opposition, but there does seem to be a very professional sense of purpose throughout the squad.

Have a look at 2 mins 18 secs is that bloke with the camera wearing a dressing gown or what?