Sign in to follow this  
canaryfairy

Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

Theres 2 new players, how much additional understanding do they need with one another? Do you think Bradley Johnson walked into the dressing room on 1st July and looked at John Ruddy like he was a stranger?

They haven''t forgotten how to play football when they went on holiday. Conditioning is far more important.

Fact is, you don''t know what you want. You want a team to kick the s*it out of us and we still win 10-0 and don''t sustain any injuries or problems at all.

Are systems of play not worked on at all in training?

It''s a shame the matches were cancelled, but they were. More importantly I predicted the reaction to this and got it spot on.

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

morty wrote the following post at 21/07/2014 7:13 PM:

Jenkins wrote:

No only about short chubby guys

I hate to break it to you, but I wasn''t the person you thought I was in that photo lol.

Still, funny to let you make a tit of yourself for a while.

Smile [:)]

Sorry Morty. Your clearly not as clever as you think you are.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

morty wrote the following post at 21/07/2014 7:13 PM:

Jenkins wrote:

No only about short chubby guys

I hate to break it to you, but I wasn''t the person you thought I was in that photo lol.

Still, funny to let you make a tit of yourself for a while.

Smile [:)]

Sorry Morty. Your clearly not as clever as you think you are.[/quote]Yeah and you''re not sounding a bit strangely stalky at all[Y]

Whilst systems are of course worked on in training, the proof of the pudding is in games. This can''t be replicated in training.

There are many things that Adams might want the players to do differently to Hughton (god I hope so) and these take both training and games to perfect. It''s not a simple matter of all the players returning and just getting on with what they did before. New things will need to be learnt in training and game situations. It''s not like Norwich have had to do much defending in the recent games, or pressing.

On that note it''s not as if the games have been particularly useful for conditioning either - they could basically stroll through the last one.

But anyway, it isn''t the end of the world but it is a set back in preparations. There is no need to jump down people''s throats when they have legitimate concerns.

As for predicting that Pinkun posters will moan about something... You might as well predict the sun will rise in the morning and set in the evening.

[quote user="Jenkins"]No mate and your not sounding as if your very honest[/quote]When I posted a picture of some of us in the Nelson, you made an assumption at the time, that I was someone in that picture (despite the fact I actually said exactly who I was) and I never bothered correcting you.Just as well you''re not being a bit weird about it or anything.

I REALLY hate to be "that guy" but -

Your = belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.

You''re = Contraction of "you are"

[quote user="Jenkins"]Hey Morty, couldnt care less mate, I just post my own thing.

You need to keep an image going so feel free.[/quote]Lol[Y]

[quote user="splutcho"]I REALLY hate to be "that guy" but -

Your = belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.

You''re = Contraction of "you are"[/quote]If thats to me, so what I posted was right?

You do know what is meant by conditioning, right? It''s not done in the games at all.

Physical conditioning. Getting players to the right level of physical performance. Done with drills, exercise etc.

Getting players physically ready for the season has got to be the prime objective. It''s the only opportunity you have to do this and not have games getting in the way to mess it up.

I''m really intrigued what new things are being taught in training. Corners? Because they already know keepy-uppys I think. They all know how to play football, theres not a lot more you can "teach" them. You can work on what they already know, like finishing or defending set-pieces, but they know that as well.

It''s pretty hard to replicate 25,000 people or events that are out of your control.

They know how to press, they know how to defend they will get a chance to do it in the not too distant future. It clearly boils down to this being not as big a deal as some are making out, they are making fools of themselves, I predicted they would and this whole situation is going in the pant wetters "depository of doom" to be brought out if we don''t beat Wolves by at least 13 goals.

Oh yeah folks, prepare your butts for that one. Not playing this game is literally the difference between a good and bad season in some peoples eyes. If we miss out on the playoffs THIS will be held up as the sole reason why. It is literally that important that we play these Italian pig farmers.

If you just post your own thing why is every other post you do in response to someone else? The post always ends with "White Flag"....it drove me bl00dy mad, any post where I stated anything, the ''white flag'' was up apparently. Its funny how things turn around.

Have to agree with Bethnal.

Taking it 100% at face value - if the club booked the games against that opposition that''s what Neil & Co felt was necessary.

We''ve lost 2 of those games. It''s not a disaster but a set back and from a personal point of view I believe the club should make an effort to arrange an additional friendly before we kick off at Wolves.

Yes I think that people should stop worrying that preseason game has been cancelled and that you should stop waving a white flag as this will not have a big effect on anything

[quote user="splutcho"]Bit late, but no Morty it wasn''t to you![/quote]Thank God, I am a bit of a grammar / spelling Nazi myself, so would be gutted if I had slipped up!

Has a reason been given?

Pretty poor that this has been allowed to happen. We''d have benefitted more staying in England and playing a couple of league 2 or conference teams.

The only positive is that most if the squad know each other well..... So no need for any serious player integration or anything.

My concern is that teams are going to be gunning for us this year - a couple of tough friendly matches to toughen them up a little would have been beneficial.