Sign in to follow this  
canaryfairy

Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

Not overly bothered by the cancellation but it''s piss poor communication. Why can''t the club let the fans know that games have been cancelled rather than us having to find out from foreign websites. It seems very weird that 3 Italian clubs have now pulled out of fixtures with us and our club won''t tell us why? I''m sure the reasons aren''t particularly exciting, but this is still bizarre.

Rossi Hutch ‏@RossiHutch · 23m

@NorwichCityFC whoever organised this tour needs shooting!! #shambles!

This is what I''ve been talking about

I mentioned it in the thread about the Italian tour as well.

This stinks a long way of amateurism.

Surely there must be some sort of contract in such events of a call off, so that the innocent teams at least get their expenses paid.

I dislike the "little ol´Norwich" things, but this surely smells of very poor back room work

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

morty wrote the following post at 21/07/2014 5:45 PM:

Club statement here.

Thanks for posting link.Hopefully this is the end of the cock upps.

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

Buh wrote the following post at 21/07/2014 6:21 PM:

Rossi Hutch ‏@RossiHutch · 23m

@NorwichCityFC whoever organised this tour needs shooting!! #shambles!

This is what I''ve been talking about

No Buh you have been trying to ridicule genuine concerns.

Best you quit your double account now and go back to posting under your proper name eh?

Standard tactic, try and discredit me by saying I''m a sock account. It''s pretty obvious that I''m not a sock account.

So a reaction to genuine concerns is to say that someone should be shot because of pre-season organisation?

If Teams back out of games Norwich have organised what can they do?

Shall we grab our pitchforks and force the Italians to play us?

I don''t really think when someone says that somebody "needs shooting" they''re 100% serious. Figure of speech and all that.

Biggest pre season in years and its a complete shambles. The initial selection of opposition was questionable but its now a farce. Club had better hope that the team are match fit and perform against Wolves or there will be some serious questions to answer to. Amateurish and tinplot, if this were Ipswich we would be laughing at them.

[quote user="splutcho"]I don''t really think when someone says that somebody "needs shooting" they''re 100% serious. Figure of speech and all that.[/quote]

do you really think this moron understands what a "figure of speech" could possibly mean? What makes you think he''s remotely capable of that?

Heres some food for thought, geniuses

Norwich city Season 2011/12

We played Gorleston, beat them 7-0

We flew to Germany on pre-season

Played RSV Gottingen, beat them 8-0

Then played Nordhausen/Regional Select XI, beat them 11-0

And that''s the stage we are at currently.

In that season were we under-prepared?

Was anyone moaning then?

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="splutcho"]I don''t really think when someone says that somebody "needs shooting" they''re 100% serious. Figure of speech and all that.[/quote]

do you really think this moron understands what a "figure of speech" could possibly mean? What makes you think he''s remotely capable of that?[/quote]Jaemae do you realise how often you imply that someone is more stupid than you?Its starting to smack of a bit of an inferiority complex.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="splutcho"]I don''t really think when someone says that somebody "needs shooting" they''re 100% serious. Figure of speech and all that.[/quote]

do you really think this moron understands what a "figure of speech" could possibly mean? What makes you think he''s remotely capable of that?[/quote]Jaemae do you realise how often you imply that someone is more stupid than you?Its starting to smack of a bit of an inferiority complex.

[/quote]

and this made me laugh, in a non-mockery sense.

Fair game.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="splutcho"]I don''t really think when someone says that somebody "needs shooting" they''re 100% serious. Figure of speech and all that.[/quote]

[/quote]

and this made me laugh, in a non-mockery sense.

Fair game.[/quote]Lie on my couch, tell me about your childhood.

That doesn''t really work Buh as Norwich then had 5 more games after that.

Norwich have been unfortunate with the teams pulling out and it''s impossible to know for laymen (and women) like us to know if it is something that could have been better organised.

What is clear is that Norwich have three more games to fry fitness and sort out potential formations etc. It isn''t a lot.

morty

"Sack the board"

No mate I''m just a bit uncomfortable about the way things are going here as you are. No more that that.

I do find it pretty incredible that you can be based in a footballing country like Italy for a whole week and can''t organize a single friendly against a professional or even semi-professional club from anywhere in the country?........I went to the USA for the three games last season and (football aside) was an excellent trip that appeared well organized , this seems as opposite as you can get to that, just glad I havent spent any time or money travelling over there for this.

[quote user="Jenkins"]morty

"Sack the board"

No mate I''m just a bit uncomfortable about the way things are going here as you are. No more that that.[/quote]It wasn''t even in response to anything you posted, but cheers[Y]

So all of the sudden it''s about number of games to go? It''s quantity over quality? I thought it was all about facing tough, quality opposition, now all of a sudden it''s about minutes on the pitch to figure out what to do.

Neyull accidently put Ruddy up front and Garrido in goal. if only he had 180 more minutes to figure out what to do!

Do you guys honestly believe that Neil doesn''t pretty much know his starting eleven for Wolves.

He blatantly does.

He''s seen enough of the squad to know their abilities and it''s not like he is a fresh manager who has never seen these players play before he''s been commentating, coaching or watching every player in the squad for years.

Now then Mrs, you do seem to post surprisingly close to Morty, but thats just a coincidence.

I do have concerns my old dear.

I am happy with Adams but the rest of what is going on, and to be honest the way in which he was appointed looks like lunatics running the asylum.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Now then Mrs, you do seem to post surprisingly close to Morty, but thats just a coincidence.

I do have concerns my old dear.

I am happy with Adams but the rest of what is going on, and to be honest the way in which he was appointed looks like lunatics running the asylum.[/quote]You forming a conspiracy theory?

It''s about quality and quantity.

Neil may know how he wants to team to play etc. doesn''t mean the players understand it yet. That is the point of friendlies, for player to build familiarity about each other and a variety of systems.

Originally the club planned friendlies against Sampdoria and Livorno and eventually played one against a semi-pro team. Now whilst this isn''t a massive problem - surely you can see this is certainly not a good situation or something that doesn''t matter (if it doesn''t then why bother with pre-season at all, or just play 6 or 7 games against Kings Lynn).

I know you want to defend the club and some of the reactions have been ridiculous. Doesn''t change the fact Norwich have lost two friendlies against good opposition. I don''t see this as a massive ''shambles'' from the club or look to blame anyone but the club do need to see what they can do to help the team be ready by 10th August.

I don''t understand how you can be happy whilst we were losing (basically all of) the last 5 games, but complain when a preseason game is called off

[quote user="Jenkins"]No only about short chubby guys[/quote]I hate to break it to you, but I wasn''t the person you thought I was in that photo lol.Still, funny to let you make a tit of yourself for a while.[:)]