Sign in to follow this  
canaryfairy

Has the Livorno game been cancelled as well?

On Livorno''s website it seems to mention something about a cancelled Norwich match on Wednesday and that they are not sure who they''ll be playing. Also strange that it still says TBC against the fixture on Pink Un. Maybe it''s just a dodgy translation but does anyone have any better info???

http://www.livornocalcio.it/notizie/notizie.php?id=9761

And why can''t the club say why yesterday''s fixture was changed? Something''s going a bit wrong somewhere!

[quote user="canaryfairy"]On Livorno''s website it seems to mention something about a cancelled Norwich match on Wednesday and that they are not sure who they''ll be playing. Also strange that it still says TBC against the fixture on Pink Un. Maybe it''s just a dodgy translation but does anyone have any better info???

http://www.livornocalcio.it/notizie/notizie.php?id=9761

And why can''t the club say why yesterday''s fixture was changed? Something''s going a bit wrong somewhere![/quote]Thats how it reads to me, but like you say, it could be Google translate. The translation does seem particularly shonky, none of it makes much sense.

Ha I ran it through translate and it''s unclear

I kind of want it to be called off because the reaction would be priceless.

Just imagine the yokel-ness!

the over-reaction would be epic. Never mind MH17 or gaza bernie from kings Lynn would want THIS top of the UN Security Council agenda!

Haha a few more articles seem to suggest it has been called off I literally can''t wait for the reaction if it''s true!

Full on 5 year old in lidls with a bag of haribo freak out. Defcon 1!

Put that popcorn on!

They are clearly sh1tting it, after seeing the score in the last game (not that pre season friendlies matter anyway, you understand)

If theres going to be no games then they may as well recreate Gunny''s infamous pre season tour to Scotland, and all get pi$$ed for the rest of the trip.

I''d love to see Norwich take on the Harlem globetrotters personally

That or Melchester Rovers.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

That webpage was up since Saturday.

Makes sense as Adams didn''t mention Livorno after the game on Sunday, just talked about Bastia.

Pre-season games do matter and Norwich need some real competition soon.

[/quote]This is slightly at a tangent but I would have preferred at least one of the last two pre-season games to be against a League One or even League Two side, to prepare us for the Championship. Not sure Nice or Celta Vigo (who will be three weeks away from the start of their season) are suitable tests.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Makes sense as Adams didn''t mention Livorno after the game on Sunday, just talked about Bastia.

[/quote]

This is slightly at a tangent but I would have preferred at least one of the last two pre-season games to be against a League One or even League Two side, to prepare us for the Championship. Not sure Nice or Celta Vigo (who will be three weeks away from the start of their season) are suitable tests.
[/quote]

I agree completely. Getting domestic friendlies is usually a little tougher, and doesn''t earn quite as much in gate money but would have been a much better yard stick to where the club are in terms of preparation.

[quote user="Buh"]Haha a few more articles seem to suggest it has been called off I literally can''t wait for the reaction if it''s true!

Full on 5 year old in lidls with a bag of haribo freak out. Defcon 1!

Put that popcorn on![/quote]

Secret identity slowly coming out, someone who watches 5 year olds in Lidl.

BEWARE

Haha come on gump you''ve got better banter than that!

How''s school goin?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]This is slightly at a tangent but I would have preferred at least one of the last two pre-season games to be against a League One or even League Two side, to prepare us for the Championship. Not sure Nice or Celta Vigo (who will be three weeks away from the start of their season) are suitable tests.[/quote]

I agree completely. Getting domestic friendlies is usually a little tougher, and doesn''t earn quite as much in gate money but would have been a much better yard stick to where the club are in terms of preparation.

[/quote]Bethnal, I have just, quite at random, taken Derby''s pre-season fixtures. There are  a couple of exotics but mixed in with what look like some good tests against League One and League Two oppositon, and a Rangers team gearing up for the season. In order first to last:Matlock Town.Ilkeston.Nuneaton Town.Northampton.Notts County. Zenit St Petersburg.Slavija Sarajevo.Burton Albion.Rangers.That looks much more like a proper pre-season set of fixtures.

Buh

the over-reaction would be epic. Never mind MH17 or gaza bernie from kings Lynn would want THIS top of the UN Security Council agenda!

The over reaction seems to be coming from you Buh if you dont mind me saying so. A perception has been created, "rightly or wrongly" over the last few months that the club is failing to adequately control things, a bit like an oil tanker with a pissed captain.

The unfolding of the preseason in Italy only adds adds another tot of rum.

Its actually not good for the club!

It''s like when the away goalie is about to take a goal kick

The anticipation

"Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh"

Where are you getting the perception tht things are out of control? The losing every pre-season game? Players revolting? Demanding moves? Going to the papers? Refusing to play? Are they under performing when they play? Have we made no signings? Are we letting players go cheap?

You see what I''m getting at

It''s te same people and the same prissy big girls blouse reaction to things and in this case I can get in nice and early and pre-empt Dr Doom and the rest of the "eeyore" wannabes

Do I want norwich to play higher class opponents? In stages, yes. But if a team pulls out I''m not going to have a little fit about it like you just did, because I can control my emotions.

So I''m just going to sit here with the popcorn and wait for the bombs to drop. Bootiful.

[quote user="Buh"]It''s like when the away goalie is about to take a goal kick

The anticipation

"Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh"

Where are you getting the perception tht things are out of control? The losing every pre-season game? Players revolting? Demanding moves? Going to the papers? Refusing to play? Are they under performing when they play? Have we made no signings? Are we letting players go cheap?

You see what I''m getting at

It''s te same people and the same prissy big girls blouse reaction to things and in this case I can get in nice and early and pre-empt Dr Doom and the rest of the "eeyore" wannabes

Do I want norwich to play higher class opponents? In stages, yes. But if a team pulls out I''m not going to have a little fit about it like you just did, because I can control my emotions.

So I''m just going to sit here with the popcorn and wait for the bombs to drop. Bootiful.[/quote]

Was you saying the same thing when lots on here were wanting Hughton out in January.

A real pre season can make a hell of a difference.

This is the place to express a opinion not to act as though you are McNallys teenage son if anyone criticises the club.

The pinkun has tweeted about this.It sounds basically that they have just read this thread!

"A real pre season can make a hell of a difference.

This is the place to express a opinion not to act as though you are McNallys teenage son if anyone criticises the club. "

Do you go to school with McNallys teenage son?

The pre-season for Derby "looks the part" doesn''t it. But Wolves are our first opponents and interestingly they play Celta Vigo one day after we do as their last of the pre-season campaign.

Trip has really been a success...

Novara game cancelled, replaced last minute with a club that had no point of playing against which NA readily admitted his disappointment with.

A much stronger test to get the team much needed preparation cancelled, to be replaced with open training... Yeah, great...

I''m more concerned with who Yeovil got. Still waiting on the day match fixtures just read Norwich City v Norwich City, then I can really be a NC supporter...

I know its not the clubs fault, but if any fans have travelled to support the team, it would be a nice gesture if the club refunded them. As we have seen with the tragic events of the Malaysian Airlines plane, fans do travel to support the club for even the most meaningless fixtures

Very strange. I swear it seems like these Italian clubs don''t know they''re meant to be playing us. Who the hell planned this trip? Ha.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I know its not the clubs fault, but if any fans have travelled to support the team, it would be a nice gesture if the club refunded them. As we have seen with the tragic events of the Malaysian Airlines plane, fans do travel to support the club for even the most meaningless fixtures[/quote]Oh come on, linking the Malaysian crash with one of our friendlies being cancelled?Really?

It''s a little bit daunting - the fact that we''re now going even longer without a reasonable opposition.

I thought the teams we were playing before it was called off were a bit - poor shall I say.

I think for pre-season it is important to at least play one or two games against, as has been said, more relevant opposition. I think it''s important for the manager and the players, all to get an idea of where they''re at.