Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

Adams on RVW - Sounds positive

I myself think its Adams taking the pressure off Ricky, as number 9 means every ones looking for him to score..By giving him the number 20, he can relax, and do the thinks hes best at.just my way of looking at it.

[quote user="morty"]I don''t know why you''re bothering Bor.[/quote]Its called discussion between people on equal terms which is what this board should be about (but I wouldn''t expect you to understand that, for one minute).

What part of "I don''t have any interest whatsoever in anything you have to say, so you may as well stop trying to attract my attention" are you specifically struggling with?Don''t answer that, please bother someone else, you are boring me to fucking tears, and your constant pursuit of me round the forum is boring everyone else too.

[quote user="morty"]I don''t know why you''re bothering Bor.

[/quote]I think it''s quite simple.  I joined this board because I was fed up with the constant

attacks on the club.   I love this club and I was fed up with what I saw

as constant attacks on the club that I love, and I decided to join this

board because I was tired with the constant attacks on the club I

support and so I decided to join this message board to defend the club I

support from these outrageous attacks against the club I support. 

I decided to defend the club I support against the attacks on the club

which I support from people who don''t know any better than I do.  I might not be popular around here but I don''t care, I am here to defend the club I support and if I annoy people then I couldn''t care less,I know I am right and I will continue to defend the club I support.Oh, and I have no real life as such.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="morty"]I don''t know why you''re bothering Bor.

[/quote]I think it''s quite simple.  I joined this board because I was fed up with the constant

attacks on the club.   I love this club and I was fed up with what I saw

as constant attacks on the club that I love, and I decided to join this

board because I was tired with the constant attacks on the club I

support and so I decided to join this message board to defend the club I

support from these outrageous attacks against the club I support. 

I decided to defend the club I support against the attacks on the club

which I support from people who don''t know any better than I do.  I might not be popular around here but I don''t care, I am here to defend the club I support and if I annoy people then I couldn''t care less,I know I am right and I will continue to defend the club I support.Oh, and I have no real life as such.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"]Look back in the thread...."Yes, I have been given number 20

I guess it''s just a number"
Do I have to quote everything in full every time....[/quote]Yes, because when you say[quote user="lake district canary"]This "argument" is about a tweet

that is written clearly with the mind to respond to people who were

interested in what he might be thinking about his having been given the

number 20 shirt.   And that response?   "its just a number"  with no

emotion attached either way.[/quote]then you are selectively quoting to fit your argument, rather than discussing what was actually said.[/quote]Ok.  But to me "I guess" added to the beginning doesn''t make any difference to the meaning of the text.   "I guess" is just a colloquialism.  Means nothing - unless you want to read something into it......... [/quote]Fine if that''s your view, but I don''t think you''ll find many people who think"Yes, I have been given number 20

I guess it''s just a number"
has the same literal meaning as"Yes, I have been given number 20 it''s just a number"The first sounds unsure and slightly disappointed, the second sounds confident and "yeah, so what".Of course, none of us can know for certain what the feeling behind the tweet was, but I don''t agree that "I guess" is a colloquialism that means nothing. [/quote]

Fair dos.  It''s the trouble with tweets though.   Too little space to explain things clearly and too open to people reading things into them that either are or aren''t there.  As a statement though, it says what it says.   I guess that''s how it should be.......

I joined this board expecting sensible discussions about the club I have supported for nearly fifty years.

All we get on here is petty arguments about who''s right and inane point scoring.

Some people really need their egos massaging.

Seriously people take a look at yourselves.

[quote user="Luv The Board."]I joined this board expecting sensible discussions about the club I have supported for nearly fifty years.

All we get on here is petty arguments about who''s right and inane point scoring.

Some people really need their egos massaging.

Seriously people take a look at yourselves.[/quote]Feel free to leave any time you like [y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Wasn''t aware of the Gutierrez/Adams tweet fiasco but this appears to show Adams was rightly pissed off about it:[/quote]Gutierrez later claimed that he was talking about a situation with an Argentinian club.Depends if you believe, and how you want to interpret what players tweet I guess[:)][/quote]
You''re the only one who has seen this claim by Gutierrez. Are you sure you didn''t imagine it? It''s strange you can''t provide a link. In any case it''s very obvious to everyone that he was talking about Adams. Or are you so gullible you think it''s a coincidence that he tweeted right after the Chelsea game and also made a reference to Mourinho? Get a grip man, you''re living in your own fantasy land.
[/quote]I couldn''t give a flying fig what you think.[/quote]
Yet you keep replying but keep failing to provide the link. You obviously made it up, showing what credibility you have.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Wasn''t aware of the Gutierrez/Adams tweet fiasco but this appears to show Adams was rightly pissed off about it:[/quote]Gutierrez later claimed that he was talking about a situation with an Argentinian club.Depends if you believe, and how you want to interpret what players tweet I guess[:)][/quote]
You''re the only one who has seen this claim by Gutierrez. Are you sure you didn''t imagine it? It''s strange you can''t provide a link. In any case it''s very obvious to everyone that he was talking about Adams. Or are you so gullible you think it''s a coincidence that he tweeted right after the Chelsea game and also made a reference to Mourinho? Get a grip man, you''re living in your own fantasy land.
Yet you keep replying but keep failing to provide the link. You obviously made it up, showing what credibility you have.
[/quote]There is no link, it was tweets.And you are just another bell-end logging in to have a pop at me, rather than actually discuss football.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Luv The Board."]I joined this board expecting sensible discussions about the club I have supported for nearly fifty years. All we get on here is petty arguments about who''s right and inane point scoring. Some people really need their egos massaging. Seriously people take a look at yourselves.[/quote]

Feel free to leave any time you like [y]

[/quote]

Jeezus effing wept! :red

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Luv The Board."]I joined this board expecting sensible discussions about the club I have supported for nearly fifty years. All we get on here is petty arguments about who''s right and inane point scoring. Some people really need their egos massaging. Seriously people take a look at yourselves.[/quote]Feel free to leave any time you like [y][/quote]

[/quote]

You have a delicious sense of irony Wiz without realising it.......

BTW for what its worth, my ''interpretation'', which is what this is about, is that RVW was miffed at losing the no 9 shirt, but verbally shrugged his shoulders as if to say ''ah well, best get on with it....''

Not that shirt numbers matter one japs eye what 11 Neil will pick come August 10th

[quote user="morty"]What part of "I don''t have any interest whatsoever in anything you have to say, so you may as well stop trying to attract my attention" are you specifically struggling with?

Don''t answer that, please bother someone else, you are boring me to fucking tears, and your constant pursuit of me round the forum is boring everyone else too.
[/quote]

To be fair you''ve replied so he has. [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="morty"]What part of "I don''t have any interest whatsoever in anything you have to say, so you may as well stop trying to attract my attention" are you specifically struggling with?Don''t answer that, please bother someone else, you are boring me to fucking tears, and your constant pursuit of me round the forum is boring everyone else too.[/quote]

[/quote]I reply as he lures me in by being reasonable to begin with, then I quite quickly realise my mistake[;)] Despite the fact I am talking to you, he will butt in now and have his say, most likely.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Luv The Board."]I joined this board expecting sensible discussions about the club I have supported for nearly fifty years. All we get on here is petty arguments about who''s right and inane point scoring. Some people really need their egos massaging. Seriously people take a look at yourselves.[/quote]Feel free to leave any time you like [y][/quote]

[/quote]Feel free to leave any time you like [y]and then come back.... [y]and leave.... [y]and then come back as Jimbo Canary.... [y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="morty"]What part of "I don''t have any interest whatsoever in anything you have to say, so you may as well stop trying to attract my attention" are you specifically struggling with?Don''t answer that, please bother someone else, you are boring me to fucking tears, and your constant pursuit of me round the forum is boring everyone else too.[/quote]

[/quote]

I reply as he lures me in by being reasonable to begin with, then I quite quickly realise my mistake[;)] Despite the fact I am talking to you, he will butt in now and have his say, most likely.[/quote]

As you are referring to me........again........and its a free forum, I will say something.    Previously on this thread you had the nerve to speak for "all" posters.  Now you''ve done it again claiming to speak for "everyone".      That in itself shows you up for what you are.  As for following you around, to me its the opposite.   Virtually every time I post something, there you are with a "c*ck* or a "knob" or some other ridiculous put down, even when a good discussion is happening.  So if occasionally I go on the offensive - its because of what I hope our football tactics will be this season - that the best form of defence is attack.  

[quote user="morty"]Told you...[/quote]As I was the subject of your post and in the room, it ain''t a surprise that I might want to say something, but well done for being so clever as to predict it. Someone commenting on a post about them.  Who''d have thought it. On a public message board, too.........

Where do RVW and Adams fit in to the last 20 or so ( maybe more) posts?

Cant wait for aug 10th. Warm up.... Vittesse v Ajax then Wolves v City.

Forgot the RVW /Adams bit.... best thing for all concerned is, Ricky stays, comes good. Adams wants it(great feather in his cap if it works, blame RVW if it doesnt). He''s a decent player, we just didnt play his type of game last season. He''s all about movement and timing of the delivery. Proper footy.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I''m bored. [:(][/quote]Me too. Bored of trying to get something approaching sensible discussion with an egomaniac who thinks anyone who doesn''t fit in with his view of the world is some kind of genital metaphor.   All I did was say that a tweet was just a tweet...............

I too think Adams is on a winner here.  Keep him and he does well, we all win, if he fails again (which he won''t) then it''s down to the player. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I''m bored. [:(][/quote]Me too. Bored of trying to get something approaching sensible discussion with an egomaniac who thinks anyone who doesn''t fit in with his view of the world is some kind of genital metaphor.   All I did was say that a tweet was just a tweet...............[/quote]Not true again.  You argued the meaning of a tweet, and in my view you did so illogically in order to back up a decision you''ve already made which is that RvW was not disappointed about being given number 20 rather than number 9.You''re not the innocent wronged party here, much as you''d like to be.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I''m bored. [:(][/quote]Me too. Bored of trying to get something approaching sensible discussion with an egomaniac who thinks anyone who doesn''t fit in with his view of the world is some kind of genital metaphor.   All I did was say that a tweet was just a tweet...............[/quote]Not true again.  You argued the meaning of a tweet, and in my view you did so illogically in order to back up a decision you''ve already made which is that RvW was not disappointed about being given number 20 rather than number 9.  You''re not the innocent wronged party here, much as you''d like to be.[/quote]

No, I did not say he wasn''t disappointed - how would I know that?  I have merely been arguing that the tweet did not indicate disappointment - an opinion based on what he wrote, nothing else.  That people disagree with that is fine. That my opinion should be slated with the "you a c*ck and are wrong, end of" is not fine. 

I doubt it''s just a number. Bassong was clearly moved from the number 5 shirt to indicate he''s closer to the door.Alo Ricky''s twitter is https://twitter.com/RvWolfswinkel9 I doubt the 9 was a random number

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Wasn''t aware of the Gutierrez/Adams tweet fiasco but this appears to show Adams was rightly pissed off about it:[/quote]Gutierrez later claimed that he was talking about a situation with an Argentinian club.Depends if you believe, and how you want to interpret what players tweet I guess[:)][/quote]
[/quote]There is no link, it was tweets.And you are just another bell-end logging in to have a pop at me, rather than actually discuss football.[/quote]
So provide a link to the relevant tweet. You can''t because either you made it up or you have "limited" reading skills. If you want to discuss football you have to get your facts right and if you''re shown to have said something completely untrue, don''t spit your dummy out if someone calls you out on it.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 20/07/2014

Keep him and he does well, we all win, if he fails again (which he won''t) then it''s down to the player.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 20/07/2014 5:17 AM:

No, I did not say he wasn''t disappointed - how would I know that?

Anyone else notice the discrepancies here?

LDC, how do you know RVW will not fail again? Don''t get me wrong because I''m as about as desperate for him to succeed as anyone.

Its just i have a problem with people who think they can predict the future or seem to think they know things!

[quote user="lharman7"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 20/07/2014

Keep him and he does well, we all win, if he fails again (which he won''t) then it''s down to the player.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 20/07/2014 5:17 AM:

No, I did not say he wasn''t disappointed - how would I know that?

Anyone else notice the discrepancies here?

LDC, how do you know RVW will not fail again? Don''t get me wrong because I''m as about as desperate for him to succeed as anyone.

Its just i have a problem with people who think they can predict the future or seem to think they know things![/quote]

As for the first one - I am as certain in my own mind that he will succeed as I can be - nothing wrong wit that.  Ok, I left "imo" off. Sorry. 

As for the second one - its true. I cannot speak for what he is thinking - people were only talking about a ten word tweet for goodness sake - one which had them reading all sorts of things into which imo aren''t there.