Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

Adams on RVW - Sounds positive

From the story on the main site:

“Ricky is a great lad and obviously confidence is a big thing and what you saw from him is the work rate and the effort is there,” said Adams. “He is still someone who is desperate to impress.

“All the Norwich fans will be delighted for him because it has been really tough for him and I just hope that continues because goals breed confidence and vice versa. That was great for him to score goals; no matter if it’s in a friendly, training or a league game strikers like scoring goals and we know he had a tough time of it."

Well to me that sounds like Ricky''s involved this season and part of the plan. Obviously you find other meanings in there if you try hard enough (and i''m sure people will do soon), but I reckon its positive.

Yeah, just posted about that on another thread. It certainly confirms what we''ve heard about his good attitude, he''s desperate to impress.

I really hope he stays and does well, was so pleased for him when he scored the other night. And it gave us a glimpse of perhaps how Neil Adams has realised the best way to play him, and what sort of service he could thrive on.

[quote user="MancCanary"]From the story on the main site: “Ricky is a great lad and obviously confidence is a big thing and what you saw from him is the work rate and the effort is there,” said Adams. “He is still someone who is desperate to impress. “All the Norwich fans will be delighted for him because it has been really tough for him and I just hope that continues because goals breed confidence and vice versa. That was great for him to score goals; no matter if it’s in a friendly, training or a league game strikers like scoring goals and we know he had a tough time of it." Well to me that sounds like Ricky''s involved this season and part of the plan. Obviously you find other meanings in there if you try hard enough (and i''m sure people will do soon), but I reckon its positive.[/quote]

Actually Manc, it doesn''t say that at all. [:S]

[quote user="MancCanary"]Oh, sorry mate. Well glad we agree anyway![/quote]

Wasn''t having a pop! Sorry if it came across that way!

Agree with what Morty says, I''m not sure if it''s just because he''s our record signing or if it''s because he just seems like a genuinely nice bloke who cares, but I don''t think I''ve even been so eager to see a player turn things round as Ricky.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="MancCanary"]From the story on the main site: “Ricky is a great lad and obviously confidence is a big thing and what you saw from him is the work rate and the effort is there,” said Adams. “He is still someone who is desperate to impress. “All the Norwich fans will be delighted for him because it has been really tough for him and I just hope that continues because goals breed confidence and vice versa. That was great for him to score goals; no matter if it’s in a friendly, training or a league game strikers like scoring goals and we know he had a tough time of it." Well to me that sounds like Ricky''s involved this season and part of the plan. Obviously you find other meanings in there if you try hard enough (and i''m sure people will do soon), but I reckon its positive.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, that was predictable.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So was that.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So was that.

[/quote]

Brilliant.

Haha, you guys! Honestly.

OK Wiz, go on. I''d honestly like to hear your thoughts. I''m not taking the piss.

Mr. Brownstone - nae bother mate, I didn''t think you were. Thought id just been dim and not spotted an existing thread : )

[quote user="MancCanary"]Haha, you guys! Honestly.

OK Wiz, go on. I''d honestly like to hear your thoughts. I''m not taking the piss.

Mr. Brownstone - nae bother mate, I didn''t think you were. Thought id just been dim and not spotted an existing thread : )[/quote]He won''t though, he doesn''t actually have any thoughts, or debate anything.

[quote user="morty"]I really hope he stays and does well, was so pleased for him when he scored the other night. And it gave us a glimpse of perhaps how Neil Adams has realised the best way to play him, and what sort of service he could thrive on.[/quote]Wouldn''t that involve bribing 23 opposition goalkeepers twice a season to rush out and kick thin air?

Would love to see him be top scorer in the championship. You don''t lose quality overnight.

Also what a great lad to have in squad , lost his number 9 shirt , then congratulates the person who now has it on scoring his first goal for club.

Makes a change over big ego players who would of sulked over it !!

Otbc

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"]Would love to see him be top scorer in the championship. You don''t lose quality overnight.

Also what a great lad to have in squad , lost his number 9 shirt , then congratulates the person who now has it on scoring his first goal for club.

Makes a change over big ego players who would of sulked over it !!

Otbc[/quote]

Lost the number nine shirt, or gained the number 20 shirt?   It all depends on your look out - 20 suits RVP at MU, so maybe it''s a Dutch thing.  

I''m trying my best to stop pointing out when people say something really stupid, but it is difficult sometimes.

[quote user="morty"]I''m trying my best to stop pointing out when people say something really stupid, but it is difficult sometimes.[/quote]

If you''re referring to my post what exactly is stupid?  That he might regard the "20" shirt as being just as good as number "9" - especially as one of his looked up to Dutch counterparts wears that number too?   Or that maybe numbers don''t mean that much to Dutch players because of the way they play and their culture of total football?    

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Snakepit Ric"]Would love to see him be top scorer in the championship. You don''t lose quality overnight. Also what a great lad to have in squad , lost his number 9 shirt , then congratulates the person who now has it on scoring his first goal for club. Makes a change over big ego players who would of sulked over it !! Otbc[/quote]

Lost the number nine shirt, or gained the number 20 shirt?   It all depends on your look out - 20 suits RVP at MU, so maybe it''s a Dutch thing.  

[/quote]

A very good point LDC - different cultures have different values, which could well be different to ours. I think RVW may revel in his new-found headspace!

In retrospect, wearing #9 and portrayed on a ''Be Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf'' poster brought its own weight to bear. From what I can see, RVW is someone who cares about delivering on a promise. He has integrity. Mentally he may have been trying rather too hard which can be equally as unproductive.  Come the start of the season, with Lafferty to smash I think RVW will grab...

The actual player himself tweeted his obvious displeasure at losing the number 9 shirt.

[quote user="morty"]The actual player himself tweeted his obvious displeasure at losing the number 9 shirt.[/quote]Can''t remember exactly what was said but I remember  "its just a number" and didn''t show either  pleasure or displeasure.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]The actual player himself tweeted his obvious displeasure at losing the number 9 shirt.[/quote]Can''t remember exactly what was said but I remember  "its just a number" and didn''t show either  pleasure or displeasure.

[/quote]Well I do remember what it said, and it was patently obvious he wasn''t overly chuffed.But of course you probably know Ricky''s own thoughts better than he does.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]The actual player himself tweeted his obvious displeasure at losing the number 9 shirt.[/quote]Can''t remember exactly what was said but I remember  "its just a number" and didn''t show either  pleasure or displeasure.[/quote]Well I do remember what it said, and it was patently obvious he wasn''t overly chuffed.But of course you probably know Ricky''s own thoughts better than he does.[/quote]

Care to tell us then?   I distinctly remember it said "its just a number".   And I said nothing about knowing "Ricky''s own thoughts".

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]What does it say then?  Go on, express an opinion.

morty has a bizarre habit of misreading tweets. He claimed a Gutierrez tweet criticising Adams was about an Argentinian team (which it very obviously wasn''t) and now he claims an RVW tweet saying "guess it''s just a number" shows RVW is displeased (which it very obviously doesn''t).

Let us just wait and see how it is meant, Im sure his autobiography will be out soon, everyone is doing them, some even before being out of nappies [:D]

Ricky''s tweet was:

"Yes, i have been given number 20

I guess it''s just a number"

- But without hearing his voice say it, or seeing his face as he says it, its impossible to grasp whether he''s angry or not.

If it had an exclamation mark at the end it would read much more positively, like this:

"Yes, i have been given number 20

I guess it''s just a number!"

But it doesn''t, and as Ricky is usually very expressive and emotive on Twitter, with liberal use of exclamation marks, I would suggest that his tweet seems to be expressing disappointment, but with a little positive spin on it too, which is very typical of his character.

I think reading between the lines, he''s saying:

"Yes, i have been given number 20,

I guess it''s just a number

".

Thats my opinion anyway!

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"]But he did comment on twitter that he was disappointed at losing it[/quote]Exactly.I despair at some people here sometimes.