Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Gary Mackay -Steven

Has anybody seen this chap play? Looks bloody awesome and would be an excellent replacement for Snodgrass. Currently plays for Dundee United. Full of tricks and skills and really entertaining to watch. Check him out on the tube!

Pilkington, Redmond, E.Bennett, Josh & Jacob Murphy, Lafferty, Grabban.
I think we''re more than sufficient out-wide at the moment and when we have obvious gaps to fill (only one RB and only 3 CB), it would be a little indulgent to buy another wide-player.
Although I fully concur that Mackay-Steven is an excellent player.

Pilkington spends more time out injured than playing. Josh is still a fringe player, Jacob not established first team player yet. Lafferty and Grabban are forwards and need service. It only takes one or two injuries and are options would be limited.

And yes I agree we need a couple more defensive players too

He has been played on the wing before, I''m sure he was only suggesting it as emergency cover.As for Mackat-Steven he is a fun player but I''m not sure if his flicks and tricks would come off at a higher level.

I''d take Gary Mackay-Steven (winger) and John Souttar (right centre half/right back) from Dundee United in a heartbeat.

They are the type of youngsters that will develop into very good players in the near-future.

Could take bids somewhere between £1.5 - 3m to get each player, but likely worth it in my opinion.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Has anybody seen this chap play? Looks bloody awesome and would be an excellent replacement for Snodgrass. Currently plays for Dundee United. Full of tricks and skills and really entertaining to watch. Check him out on the tube![/quote]Looks right up there with.....Mark Fotheringham and Jullien Brellier

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Lafferty is a 6ft 4" target man - seriously can''t be suggesting we could play him on the wing?[/quote]

Georgious Samaras was a winger at Man City....

The kid looks good but I''m not sure that some of the opposition he''s played against is as good you''d see in the Championship or Premier League.

It''s easy to do stuff like that when you have all the time in World on the ball, not so easy when you don''t. Think he''d get found out very quickly in the EPL or Championship.

Although a player has played on the wing, it doesn''t mean they''ve been any good. Lafferty was very average on the wing and Grabban can''t cross. We need proper replacements not a make shift team, thats why imo it would be beneficial to get a CB and LM

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 22/07/2014 2:18 PM:

"....imo it would be beneficial to get a CB and LM."

LM - Howson, Pilkington, Johnson, Josh Murphy, Surman can all play Left Midfield.

"Howson, Pilkington, Johnson, Josh Murphy, Surman can all play Left Midfield"

----------

No, pilkington, Murphy and Surman can play LM

Johnson has played LM before many a time, but it doesn''t mean he should play there, the same for Howson. What on earth would be the reason that we would get him to play LM?