Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Is our CEO a busted flush?

Fired a few people.

Brought in Lambert and enjoyed the ride.

Fixated on losing Lambert with all that ''gloves off'' bull and employed a manager who had nothing in common with the type of player we had at the club.

Got lucky that existing squad had enough momentum for a season saving run and a relegation saving finish against disinterested opposition but failed to heed the warning signs.

Stuck by Hughton until it was far too late and then fired him in a manner which made the club a laughing stock and allowed a failed manager to save face by stating he would have kept us up which can''t be disproved.

Scoured (allegedly) Europe only to come back to the caretaker manager which makes us look like a chicken $hit outfit.

Set up a new team but failed to forsee Joe Royle taking a likely offer to do a job at his ''true'' club which is just down the road from where he lives.

Undersold Snodgrass.

And now an omnishambles pre-season.

On top of this there is massive uncertainty around our best players and the way this club is being run we could well see our inexperienced manager (yet to win a league game) left high and dry by these players being sold late and replacements hard to come by. How can Adams begin to formulate his best team.

Rest assured the Wolves game will have an intensity which will make the average EPL game pale in comparison and the first month is seriously tough.

I hope I''m fretting over nothing. I hoped that with Hughton but I cannot help but wonder how this club is being run. Did Lambert, Culverhouse, Holt and the supporters mask a bunch of incompetents?

And on here, still the same voices telling anyone with any concerns they are stupid or disloyal and not in so many words.

Can''t be bothered with most of it but ''undersold Snodgrass''? That is just rubbish, we got absolute top dollar for him.

There isn''t really massive uncertainty about our players either. We currently have the same squad as last season, less one player but plus two others. It is almost inevitable that there will be approaches made and probably one or two ''unwanted'' leavers (ie not Bassong/Bunn/Becchio), but so long as we have replacements lined up it needn''t be that bad - IMO there are no players we rely on so much that they are irreplaceable.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Can''t be bothered with most of it but ''undersold Snodgrass''? That is just rubbish, we got absolute top dollar for him.

There isn''t really massive uncertainty about our players either. We currently have the same squad as last season, less one player but plus two others. It is almost inevitable that there will be approaches made and probably one or two ''unwanted'' leavers (ie not Bassong/Bunn/Becchio), but so long as we have replacements lined up it needn''t be that bad - IMO there are no players we rely on so much that they are irreplaceable.[/quote]Beat me to it!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Fired a few people.

Fixated on losing Lambert with all that ''gloves off'' bull and employed a manager who had nothing in common with the type of player we had at the club.

Got lucky that existing squad had enough momentum for a season saving run and a relegation saving finish against disinterested opposition but failed to heed the warning signs.

Stuck by Hughton until it was far too late and then fired him in a manner which made the club a laughing stock and allowed a failed manager to save face by stating he would have kept us up which can''t be disproved.

Scoured (allegedly) Europe only to come back to the caretaker manager which makes us look like a chicken $hit outfit.

Set up a new team but failed to forsee Joe Royle taking a likely offer to do a job at his ''true'' club which is just down the road from where he lives.

Undersold Snodgrass.

On top of this there is massive uncertainty around our best players and the way this club is being run we could well see our inexperienced manager (yet to win a league game) left high and dry by these players being sold late and replacements hard to come by. How can Adams begin to formulate his best team.

Rest assured the Wolves game will have an intensity which will make the average EPL game pale in comparison and the first month is seriously tough.

I hope I''m fretting over nothing. I hoped that with Hughton but I cannot help but wonder how this club is being run. Did Lambert, Culverhouse, Holt and the supporters mask a bunch of incompetents?

And on here, still the same voices telling anyone with any concerns they are stupid or disloyal and not in so many words.[/quote]what a load of nonsensical old sh iteomni shambles  !"massive uncertainty around our best players" really, where ?"which made the club a laughing stock" a curious phrase that is regularly used by binners trying to create something and the sacking in reality was met with mostly indifference outside of Norwichso maybe we will judge him in the years here -took us from League 1 to PL in two years with a title win on the waytwo years in the PLoverseen the clearing of our debtsoverseen a cracking youth set up with FA Youth Cup winfull houses at every gameincreased non TV incomewhereas down the A140 we have -stagnation in the Championshipdebts rocketed up to nearly £90m, youth set up virtually defunct, ground now half full, continual decline in income year on year

so master hucker (or however you spell your name) I think you will find that almost all City supporters are rather pleased with McNally and grateful that we don''t have the gaggle of incompetents running things at poorman road anywhere near Carrow Road

Fired a few people.

Or liked the cut of his jib and went out to get him and did so.

Fixated on losing Lambert You may have made this up with all that ''gloves off'' bull and

employed a manager who had nothing in common with the type of player we

had at the club. Or employed a manager to take us on a stage/level. You may not agree now, but that was how it was viewed at the time... at least before Fulham...Got lucky that existing squad had enough momentum for a season

saving run and a relegation saving finish against disinterested

opposition but failed to heed the warning signs.

Made a judgement call, proved right.

Stuck by Hughton until it was far too late and then fired him in a

manner which made the club a laughing stock and allowed a failed manager

to save face by stating he would have kept us up which can''t be

disproved.

Made a judgement call, proved wrong. Loyalty to a manager, eh, whatever next.

Set up a new team but failed to forsee Joe Royle taking a likely

offer to do a job at his ''true'' club which is just down the road from

where he lives.

Was Joe Royle part of that Executive Football Board? Genuine question, I dunno, I thought it was more advisor to Adams.

Undersold Snodgrass.

Steve Bruce doesn''t think so.

Yes, I suppose you could blame him for dealing with semi-professional Italians, hah. Oh, and it''s July 22nd, let''s see how pre-season pans out shall we.

On top of this there is massive uncertainty around our best players

Unless we were Real Madrid I don''t think any club escapes this and the way this club is being run we could well see our inexperienced

manager (yet to win a league game) left high and dry by these players

being sold late and replacements hard to come by. How can Adams begin to

formulate his best team.

Rest assured the Wolves game will have an intensity which will make

the average EPL game pale in comparison and the first month is seriously

tough.

Yes. Is this anybody''s fault though. Or has McNally fixed the fixtures so were f*cked by fixtures?

I hope I''m fretting over nothing. You are. I hoped that with Hughton but I

cannot help but wonder how this club is being run. Did Lambert,

Culverhouse, Holt and the supporters mask a bunch of incompetents?

Ask Aston Villa fans.

And on here, still the same voices telling anyone with any concerns they are stupid or disloyal and not in so many words. So you want to people to wallow in your self-pity with you, is that it?

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]His deficiencies have been clear all summer if he was a man of honour he would consider his position but he isn''t and he won''t[/quote]

jog on, binboy

RH''s post provides a measured and thoughtful analysis of the situation we currently find ourselves in. We ought to be favourites for promotion but the inexperience of our management team means that others are not backing us, and can see what some on this board can''t. We will finish mid-table which will signal the end of out remaining top players and condemn us to years more in the Championship. Such a pity when NL would have likely achieved automatic promotion.

Are some of you literally sitting in a windowsill, clutching a picture of Paul Lambert to your chest, crying your eyes out (and your pants out) and listening to "all by myself" by Eric Carmen because we are not getting to face a 2nd string Italian side?

I called your reaction, nailed it.

Not sure about a busted flush but I personally believe our current CEO has too much limelight for my liking. he clearly llays hard ball in all situations which is fine sometimes but im not sure situations like Holt and Wes were handled as well as they coukd have been. that''s why the new "football board" structure makes me a little nervous as do comments from Delia about him being the most important person at the club!

Credit where its due for the Lambert appointment but the last two years have been questionable.

Limelight?

Apart from on here, where a few ''questionables'' like to tease, where else do you see his fiizzog?

All over the Sunday Sport (does that still exist?), supping Pina Coladas with his budgie smugglers on, takings selfies?

That is dangerously close to banter LBAY, I love it!

As we haven''t heard back from the OP after his... "Little crisis" (see above) can we assume this thread was just a rant to ensure he could get to sleep. Maybe it was some sort of menopausal rage? Maybe we are going to see the "I was kidding all along, fishing, nibble nibble MEGALOLZ" card being played momentarily?

I think you have to take his tenure as a whole. Are we in a healthier position then when he took over, and would anyone else have realistically done a better job?

It seems a lot of people have unrealistic expectation of what people can/should achieve in their running of a club. Of course DM will not get it right all of the time - name me one single company or individual who has not made the wrong call at one stage or other?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but nobody can deny DM and his team have vastly improved the fortunes and finances of the club since he took over.

I cannot believe this thread….

Omnishambles? If you are looking for a car crash check out Blackpool FC who have cancelled their pre-season tour because they have 8 players.

Be very thankful for the wonderful club we have.

We''re in good shape. I''ve read some of Rudolph Huckers'' posts in the past and thought they were written well with some strong points, but this is just a bit stupid, to be honest.

We oversold Snodgrass. A £5-6m player at best. He can''t cross, take corners or beat players. £8m for that, I''d say, is pretty damn good!

Your other points - well, as someone else said, at least we''re not Blackpool. I think they''ll be relegated this season. The signs are there. They came close last season too.

Also, yes McNally did get lucky with Lambert. What''s the harm in that though? At least we got lucky with someone. Burnley got lucky with Dyche. So what. Yes, we held onto Hughton too long. Most knew it. Few thought things would be ok, just because they didn''t want to appear negative (*clears throat - MORTY).

As for us, I think we are going to spend a few seasons in the Championship now. That''s not me being negative, nor do I have a problem with that, as going for promotion tends to be more exciting than trying to get to 40 points in the Premier League. I was underwhelmed by Neil Adams'' appointment but the alternatives seemed to realistically be Malky or Zola and look where they are now. No-bloody-where.

It''s not Neil fault, or McNally''s, that two teams have pulled out of a game with us. What can you do. Don''t forget, pre-season has no bearing on what''s to come during the season. Just ask Bryan Gunn...

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]We''re in good shape. I''ve read some of Rudolph Huckers'' posts in the past and thought they were written well with some strong points, but this is just a bit stupid, to be honest.

We oversold Snodgrass. A £5-6m player at best. He can''t cross, take corners or beat players. £8m for that, I''d say, is pretty damn good!

Your other points - well, as someone else said, at least we''re not Blackpool. I think they''ll be relegated this season. The signs are there. They came close last season too.

Also, yes McNally did get lucky with Lambert. What''s the harm in that though? At least we got lucky with someone. Burnley got lucky with Dyche. So what. Yes, we held onto Hughton too long. Most knew it. Few thought things would be ok, just because they didn''t want to appear negative (*clears throat - MORTY).

As for us, I think we are going to spend a few seasons in the Championship now. That''s not me being negative, nor do I have a problem with that, as going for promotion tends to be more exciting than trying to get to 40 points in the Premier League. I was underwhelmed by Neil Adams'' appointment but the alternatives seemed to realistically be Malky or Zola and look where they are now. No-bloody-where.

It''s not Neil fault, or McNally''s, that two teams have pulled out of a game with us. What can you do. Don''t forget, pre-season has no bearing on what''s to come during the season. Just ask Bryan Gunn...[/quote]Hello, trying to attract my attention? Something you want to discuss?

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]No, not really. My post speaks for itself.[/quote]Oh right, I thought that you had something to say, seeing as you mentioned my name.My mistake.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I have nothing to add. Like I said, just read the post.[/quote]Well you were quite clearly trying to attract my attention, weren''t you?Are you going to be another of these that will continue to want to mull over the past, like the guy who pops up here, every now and again, reminding me that I, at one time, supported Roeder lol?

YellowNets1901 wrote the following post at 22/07/2014 12:00 PM:

"....I''ve read some of Rudolph Huckers'' posts in the past and thought they were written well with some strong points, but this is just a bit stupid, to be honest. ..."

That''s because he used to post all his anti-Club rubbish under a different username.

[quote user="bloodwagon"]Morty, he was coughing lol[/quote]My point is that people seem to want to remember what suits them from last season, and he is likely neglecting to remember that for a long time before the season ended I actually conceded that even if Hughton kept us up (which I predicted that he would do, just, an opinion that seemed to be shared by the board) that we should look for another manager in the summer.And I have still to find anyone that predicted we would lost that game to West Brom[;)]

I have no issue with people being either positive, or negative, depending on how our fortunes are at any given time. But its the same old faces that are negative at every turn.The same people whingeing last season will be the same ones whingeing this season.I seriously wonder what it is exactly they get from following football.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"]Morty, he was coughing lol[/quote]My point is that people seem to want to remember what suits them from last season, and he is likely neglecting to remember that for a long time before the season ended I actually conceded that even if Hughton kept us up (which I predicted that he would do, just, an opinion that seemed to be shared by the board) that we should look for another manager in the summer.And I have still to find anyone that predicted we would lost that game to West Brom[;)][/quote]To be fair Morty, Last season was HELL, and one to forget.Seems we always went out to draw, no attacking intent, just sitting back and seeing if they could score. Who knows if C.H. would have kept us up. But the past is past, we have to look forwards, and learn by our mistakes, just like life.Me ? Im appy with N. Adams. I think he will do well. I even had money on Wolfie being top score in champ at 40/1. So yeah  I put me money where me mouth is.

It''s almost like Neil Doncaster never happened. Be careful what you wish for...

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]It''s almost like Neil Doncaster never happened. Be careful what you wish for...[/quote]

I buy that but he is fast turning into Doomcaster

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"]Morty, he was coughing lol[/quote]My point is that people seem to want to remember what suits them from last season, and he is likely neglecting to remember that for a long time before the season ended I actually conceded that even if Hughton kept us up (which I predicted that he would do, just, an opinion that seemed to be shared by the board) that we should look for another manager in the summer.And I have still to find anyone that predicted we would lost that game to West Brom[;)][/quote]To be fair Morty, Last season was HELL, and one to forget.Seems we always went out to draw, no attacking intent, just sitting back and seeing if they could score. Who knows if C.H. would have kept us up. But the past is past, we have to look forwards, and learn by our mistakes, just like life.Me ? Im appy with N. Adams. I think he will do well. I even had money on Wolfie being top score in champ at 40/1. So yeah  I put me money where me mouth is.[/quote]Completely agree with all of that. But I genuinely believed he would do enough to keep us up just, and that we would make the change in the summer. The sad reality is that thats what a lot of Premiership clubs of our size have to do just to survive.But you are right, we learn from our mistakes, and we move on.