Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

FEUDS' CORNER

Private Eye, that schoolboy jape of a magazine, has or had Pseuds'' Corner. At my suggestion Sports Desk Pete will set up a special section with a not disimilar title, far away from this main board, for these tedious antagonisms to be played out ad infinitum and ad nauseam.From now on anyone not venting their personal spleen there but continuing to clog up this board with unending enmities will be forced to pay £10 to take part in the PUPS bet for charity. Repeat offenders, or those already taking part in the bet, will have to pay extras £10s. My decision on what constitutes a breach of the rules will be final.

So farewellLDC, Morty and ReggieYou were onceall over the boardnow you are notso it seemsEJ Purpp (171/2 posts)

i often wonder why they cannot simply PM each other instead of clogging up here?

or is it the me, me, me factor?

[quote user="City1st"]So farewellLDC, Morty and ReggieYou were onceall over the boardnow you are notso it seemsEJ Purpp (171/2 posts)

You finally did it. I laughed out loud. Huzzah!

[/quote]

Watching and sometimes adding to the feuds is entertainment. It''s pro wrestling. Fun and funny but nobody''s really being harmed (although some drama queens get overly emotional and stage a walkout which doesn''t last, or, as mortice put it, "ride the underground").

It''s a car wreck. Most want to at least observe and some even pull over to help.

Great idea Purple.

Let them go there and have a ruck, get off on the abuse and

Cock talk, we can just dip in if we fancy a bit.

Nice one old chap!

Bliley, these attention seeking, non Norwich city threads are spreading like wildfire.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Dumb Britain would be more appropriate?[/quote]that should be for when brother bin comes calling

Bliley is better. The subtle digs are going to come out now in a war to get each other to chip in £10.

Sit back and watch

''Dumb Brittain for Binners''

Seems like a workable forum option to me.

"What are the stars above your club bage for?"

"For when I go to work in McDonalds"

In the words of Delia ''foosball supporters'' Smith: ''WHERE ARE YAA?! LETS BE HAVIN YA!!!''
I like the fighting to be deeply ingrained into threads, it''s makes the whole pinkun ''car crash'' experience fully immersive, from front page through to the forum experience.  Disable the airbags!!!!!!

[quote user="Google Bot"]In the words of Delia ''foosball supporters'' Smith: ''WHERE ARE YAA?! LETS BE HAVIN YA!!!''
I like the fighting to be deeply ingrained into threads, it''s makes the whole pinkun ''car crash'' experience fully immersive, from front page through to the forum experience.  Disable the airbags!!!!!!
[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="Bury Green"]''Dumb Brittain for Binners''

Seems like a workable forum option to me.

"What are the stars above your club bage for?"

"For when I go to work in McDonalds"[/quote]Why has Marcus Fox trousered the money from the sales of Wickham, Walters and now Cresswell .......... and has even made of with your training ground ?

he''s han hinvestor innit, guv

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Private Eye, that schoolboy jape of a magazine, has or had Pseuds'' Corner. At my suggestion Sports Desk Pete will set up a special section with a not disimilar title, far away from this main board, for these tedious antagonisms to be played out ad infinitum and ad nauseam.From now on anyone not venting their personal spleen there but continuing to clog up this board with unending enmities will be forced to pay £10 to take part in the PUPS bet for charity. Repeat offenders, or those already taking part in the bet, will have to pay extras £10s. My decision on what constitutes a breach of the rules will be final.[/quote]I can''t imagine why I thought this might be necessary...Perhaps I should have mentioned that persistent offenders will be forced to read all 111 volumes of my seminal work "Norwich City Accounts 1902-2013" and answer detailed questions.

I made a start on the august body of workup to p94 at the moment

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Private Eye, that schoolboy jape of a magazine, has or had Pseuds'' Corner. At my suggestion Sports Desk Pete will set up a special section with a not disimilar title, far away from this main board, for these tedious antagonisms to be played out ad infinitum and ad nauseam.

From now on anyone not venting their personal spleen there but continuing to clog up this board with unending enmities will be forced to pay £10 to take part in the PUPS bet for charity. Repeat offenders, or those already taking part in the bet, will have to pay extras £10s. My decision on what constitutes a breach of the rules will be final.

[/quote]

I can''t imagine why I thought this might be necessary...

Perhaps I should have mentioned that persistent offenders will be forced to read all 111 volumes of my seminal work "Norwich City Accounts 1902-2013" and answer detailed questions.

[/quote]

We could also have FREUD''S CORNER where we could use a bit of amateur psychology/psychiatry to figure out certain posters mental state. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Private Eye, that schoolboy jape of a magazine, has or had Pseuds'' Corner. At my suggestion Sports Desk Pete will set up a special section with a not disimilar title, far away from this main board, for these tedious antagonisms to be played out ad infinitum and ad nauseam.From now on anyone not venting their personal spleen there but continuing to clog up this board with unending enmities will be forced to pay £10 to take part in the PUPS bet for charity. Repeat offenders, or those already taking part in the bet, will have to pay extras £10s. My decision on what constitutes a breach of the rules will be final.[/quote]I can''t imagine why I thought this might be necessary...Perhaps I should have mentioned that persistent offenders will be forced to read all 111 volumes of my seminal work "Norwich City Accounts 1902-2013" and answer detailed questions.[/quote]Any chance of a signed copy, Purple?I''ve got a few of financial questions that you might be able to throw some light on.1. When they came round the ground with the blanket in 1956, how many shillings missed the target and went unaccounted?2. In the infamous "you''re gonna get what Jimmy Rimmer got", incident. Just how of our money did Mr Rimmer pick up and was it subject to income tax?3. Do you have any idea how much Watling walleted?

[quote user="ricardo"]I''ve got a few of financial questions that you might be able to throw some light on.1. When they came round the ground with the blanket in 1956, how many shillings missed the target and went unaccounted?2. In the infamous "you''re gonna get what Jimmy Rimmer got", incident. Just how of our money did Mr Rimmer pick up and was it subject to income tax?3. Do you have any idea how much Watling walleted?[/quote][:D]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Private Eye, that schoolboy jape of a magazine, has or had Pseuds'' Corner. At my suggestion Sports Desk Pete will set up a special section with a not disimilar title, far away from this main board, for these tedious antagonisms to be played out ad infinitum and ad nauseam.

From now on anyone not venting their personal spleen there but continuing to clog up this board with unending enmities will be forced to pay £10 to take part in the PUPS bet for charity. Repeat offenders, or those already taking part in the bet, will have to pay extras £10s. My decision on what constitutes a breach of the rules will be final.

[/quote]

I can''t imagine why I thought this might be necessary...

Perhaps I should have mentioned that persistent offenders will be forced to read all 111 volumes of my seminal work "Norwich City Accounts 1902-2013" and answer detailed questions.

[/quote]

Any chance of a signed copy, Purple?

I''ve got a few of financial questions that you might be able to throw some light on.

1. When they came round the ground with the blanket in 1956, how many shillings missed the target and went unaccounted?

2. In the infamous "you''re gonna get what Jimmy Rimmer got", incident. Just how of our money did Mr Rimmer pick up and was it subject to income tax?

3. Do you have any idea how much Watling walleted?
[/quote]

Well I can answer 3) it is well documented    ......Even the Times printed it.[;)]

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Private Eye, that schoolboy jape of a magazine, has or had Pseuds'' Corner. At my suggestion Sports Desk Pete will set up a special section with a not disimilar title, far away from this main board, for these tedious antagonisms to be played out ad infinitum and ad nauseam.From now on anyone not venting their personal spleen there but continuing to clog up this board with unending enmities will be forced to pay £10 to take part in the PUPS bet for charity. Repeat offenders, or those already taking part in the bet, will have to pay extras £10s. My decision on what constitutes a breach of the rules will be final.[/quote]I can''t imagine why I thought this might be necessary...Perhaps I should have mentioned that persistent offenders will be forced to read all 111 volumes of my seminal work "Norwich City Accounts 1902-2013" and answer detailed questions.[/quote]

We could also have FREUD''S CORNER where we could use a bit of amateur psychology/psychiatry to figure out certain posters mental state. 

[/quote]

Clement or Emma ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Private Eye, that schoolboy jape of a magazine, has or had Pseuds'' Corner. At my suggestion Sports Desk Pete will set up a special section with a not disimilar title, far away from this main board, for these tedious antagonisms to be played out ad infinitum and ad nauseam.From now on anyone not venting their personal spleen there but continuing to clog up this board with unending enmities will be forced to pay £10 to take part in the PUPS bet for charity. Repeat offenders, or those already taking part in the bet, will have to pay extras £10s. My decision on what constitutes a breach of the rules will be final.[/quote]I can''t imagine why I thought this might be necessary...Perhaps I should have mentioned that persistent offenders will be forced to read all 111 volumes of my seminal work "Norwich City Accounts 1902-2013" and answer detailed questions.[/quote]

[/quote]Clement or Emma ?[/quote]

Schaden

There''s a lot of it about.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Private Eye, that schoolboy jape of a magazine, has or had Pseuds'' Corner. At my suggestion Sports Desk Pete will set up a special section with a not disimilar title, far away from this main board, for these tedious antagonisms to be played out ad infinitum and ad nauseam.From now on anyone not venting their personal spleen there but continuing to clog up this board with unending enmities will be forced to pay £10 to take part in the PUPS bet for charity. Repeat offenders, or those already taking part in the bet, will have to pay extras £10s. My decision on what constitutes a breach of the rules will be final.[/quote]I can''t imagine why I thought this might be necessary...Perhaps I should have mentioned that persistent offenders will be forced to read all 111 volumes of my seminal work "Norwich City Accounts 1902-2013" and answer detailed questions.[/quote]Any chance of a signed copy, Purple?I''ve got a few of financial questions that you might be able to throw some light on.1. When they came round the ground with the blanket in 1956, how many shillings missed the target and went unaccounted?2. In the infamous "you''re gonna get what Jimmy Rimmer got", incident. Just how of our money did Mr Rimmer pick up and was it subject to income tax?3. Do you have any idea how much Watling walleted?[/quote]Absolutely, ricardo. It would be an honour. And I will throw in a copy of the much-praised "PurpleCanary''s Guide to Football Tactics". It has a guest chapter from Chris Hughton reminiscent of the section in Len Shackleton''s autobiography on the average club director''s knowledge of the game.As to your questions:1) Unknown. The difficulty is that half round way, as the collection was passing the South Stand, my parents threw me into the blanket, scattering the cash already there. As a result not enough was raised and we reached the Premier League at least a decade later than we should have.2) Ten shillings and sixpence (regarded as trove and so not subject to tax). Rimmer was a sober chap and just took enough for a fish supper, two bottles of brown ale, and the entrance fee to the Samson and Hercules ballroom.3) Now you are trying it on. You know full well that answer is known only to members of the Inner Inner Inner Circle of the Chartered Guild of Fag Packet Accountants, and cannot be revealed to outsiders, on pain of some really terrible accountancy punishment.

Purple:-

3) Now you are trying it on. You know full well that answer is known only to members of the Inner Inner Inner Circle of the Chartered Guild of Fag Packet Accountants, and cannot be revealed to outsiders, on pain of some really terrible accountancy punishment.

Fag packet accountants only work on the PLAYERS costs

So put that in your pipe and puff puff

Ps...they do nasty things to your abacus with a blunt pencil[;)]

Once a feud had been instigated, both warring factions could agree to ''take it outside'' at which point their war could be lifted from the original thread and allowed to continue in this special area, rather than the rest of us having to read ''you''re a c*ck'', ''no you''re a c*ck'', ''no you''re a c*ck'' to infinity...

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="ricardo"]3. Do you have any idea how much Watling walleted?

[/quote]Well I can answer 3) it is well documented    ......Even the Times printed it.[;)][/quote]

If that is the case Buttles, I''m surprised nobody has ever provided a link to this revelation long before now...