Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Fer bid rejected

QPR according to a local West London paper, with Norwich saying that we don''t need to sell unless we get a silly offer.http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/norwich-reject-bid-from-qpr-for-leroy-fer-football8421Redknapp has also said that he is chasing an English striker, who QPR fans seem to think is Gary Hooper.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]QPR according to a local West London paper, with Norwich saying that we don''t need to sell unless we get a silly offer.http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/norwich-reject-bid-from-qpr-for-leroy-fer-football8421Redknapp has also said that he is chasing an English striker, who QPR fans seem to think is Gary Hooper. [/quote]The noises coming out of QPR are that they really don''t have a lot of money to splash about, so I seriously wonder if they have the ability to match our valuation.Smacks of either cheap easy journalism, or cheap easy "lets just raid a relegated club instead of scouting properly" to me.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]QPR according to a local West London paper, with Norwich saying that we don''t need to sell unless we get a silly offer.[/quote]

Am hoping this is going to the case with all our players.   We don''t need to sell so why not keep them unless we get offers we can''t turn down - in Fer''s case hold out for £15m.  Even though he might not be worth that much, if someone is willing to pay it...........

The Evening Standard last week suggested they were going to get Fer for £4.8m which I said at the time seemed somewhat unlikely.

The link with Hooper does beg the question which we''d be more prepared to lose....I''d like to keep both but would have Fer higher up my ''keep'' list (of course we may not get so much choice if they push to leave)

Don''t think we need to be planning a ground expansion just yet. I''d be gutted if we lost Fer to a team who could be our rivals next season. As for selling Hooper, what is the point? Look at the money strikers are going for..... if we sold him for £8m it would cost us the same to replace him with proven quality.Unless that was Jordan Rhodes, but he has just signed a 5 year contract.

This paper though Branston is the actual local rag for most QPR fans, so the journalist is the equivalent of Chris Lakey - the type that go and sit at the press conferences with a dictaphone. So this is likely true.

[quote user="morty"]

The noises coming out of QPR are that they really don''t have a lot of money to splash about, [/quote]

since when has that ever stopped ''Arry?

I would be extremely disappointed if Fer went for anything less than ten million.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"]The noises coming out of QPR are that they really don''t have a lot of money to splash about, [/quote]

since when has that ever stopped ''Arry?

[/quote]I honestly don''t think they are going to spend much, I think the owner realised last time that throwing money at it really isn''t the answer, he got his fingers burned pretty badly.

Well they have just signed Steven Caulker for £8m so hardly skint.If they can pay £8m for him, then we should be looking for at least that for Fer with some healthy add-ons.

Morty, Fernandes wants Harry to sign younger players with a resale value instead of journeymen at the end of their careers. Which is why he blocked the Wayne Bridge signing, and probably why the Rio signing nearly hit the buffers.They just spent £8m on Caulker, a player who fits in with what Fernandes wants. Fer at 24 also fits the mould, and Hooper is only 26.

If anyone thinks Fer, Hooper, Redmond, Ruddy etc are going to be leaving for something around the £5m mark then yourfankly mental. Under Mcnally just isnt going to happen. We wanted £10m for Snodgrass, reason we only got £7-8m

Was because he only had 1 year left. £5m for Fer, its just not going to happen. Mcnally said at end of season that no player has a sweetner in there contract they can leave for this price etc if we get relegated.

A paragraph just in case? Nobody has said that they think any one of Fer, Hooper, Redmond, or Ruddy will be leaving for around £5m, so maybe you are mental.

Although it just so happens that I think if we sold Hooper it would be

just as close to £5m as it is to £10m because he isn''t anything special

in that league.

I am not saying they won''t spend the standard premiership booty of 20 or 25 million. I just don''t think fernandes will splash much more.

He may have just been clever with his words and Fer may have a clause nothing to do with our relegation. I expect if he leaves we''ll be very disappointed with the fee.

Just ran this story past a dutch mate ( who obv doesnt need google translate for Cloggylingo ) A quick resume of Fers situation ..even with relegation Fer is happy with his wages...only an english premier team would pay more, apparently he fancies winning more games than losing so unless a top half premier team comes in for him he''ll stay for at least another season, euro 2016 squad place is his next real target along with promotion with us. ....sounds reassuring.

GrantsMoustache: what are you up to? Leroy Fer may or may not be at the club this coming season but don''t make sh it up."according to a local West London paper"There is a print version of the West London Sport is there? I moved back from West London in Sep 2013 after 18 years, I was somewhat surprised to see a title covering sport that I wasn''t aware of - enjoyed reading the papers on my commute."equivalent to the pinkun" + "This paper though Branston is the actual local rag for most QPR fans" + "Basically their version of the pink un."No, it isn''t. Was the pinkun created in 2013 by a bunch of ex BBC guys? Because WestLondonSport was. Evening Standard, Metro have greater claims to serve "most" QPR fans, and "A Kick Up The R''s" is used by two [ok, the only two] QPR fans I know.Transfer rumour and gossip is what it is and players come and go, but don''t waste our time with made up lies.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He may have just been clever with his words and Fer may have a clause nothing to do with our relegation. I expect if he leaves we''ll be very disappointed with the fee.[/quote]

given as we won''t know then why would anyone be disappointed ?

I''ve got a feeling that both Fer and Hooper will go.

Can''t see Fer being happy with Championship football and Hooper so nearly went to QPR last season allegedly for better wages. They couldn''t match our better status at the time but with the situation now reversed I think Hooper will grab the chance if QPR come in with a decent bid.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He may have just been clever with his words and Fer may have a clause nothing to do with our relegation. I expect if he leaves we''ll be very disappointed with the fee.[/quote]

given as we won''t know then why would anyone be disappointed ?[/quote]As we still haven''t found out how much Watling walleted, it will take many years to discover we are disappointed. [;)]

In an ideal world, I hope he stays and commits one season at least to us. If we are still down here (just like Snodders at Leeds) he gets his Premier League wish and goes for a fair fee. If it''s to believed above about Euro 16, then he can afford a year in the championship and then either take the momentum with us in the premiership or get his move then.

Let''s not forget he got incredibly lucky to get in the dutch squad and whilst he beat some decent names to a place in the 23, if Strootman, Van Der Vaart and co had been there he''d not have gotten in that squad in all likelihood. I think his main challengers going forward will be Wijnaldum, Clasie and De Guzman. De Jong will be that bit further over the hill as will VdV. Strootman will be at his prime and Sneijder will still be decent enough to warrant a place.

It''s perfectly plausible that he''d get in the squad again if he had a good two years with us getting us promoted and kicking on.

Thanks for your reply Your Mother, I will address each of your points individually.1: "There is a print version of the West London Sport is there?" - There hasn''t been a ''print version'' of the Pink''un for donkey''s years, unless you include a four page weekly pull out in the Evening News. 2: I was somewhat surprised to see a title covering sport that I wasn''t aware of - enjoyed reading the papers on my commute. - Should get yourself a tablet mate, opens up a whole plethora of new media for you to peruse, and more environmentally friendly too. 3: Was the pinkun created in 2013 by a bunch of ex BBC guys?If you are attempting to question the credibility and integrity of the publication, then does telling us that it was created by a group of former BBC journalists support such an argument? That would seem to be something which would support its credibility? 4: Evening Standard, Metro have greater claims to serve "most" QPR fansAnd neither of them are anything like the Pink''Un, those would be their equivalent of the Eastern Daily Press? 5: and "A Kick Up The R''s" is used by two [ok, the only two] QPR fans I know.Well this QPR fan was familiar enough when sharing this article to refer to the author David McIntyre as ''Dave Mac'': http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=73440&sid=d0572fdb1f5a6c57bc778966a93808e5 - So I don''t think QPR fans are as unfamiliar with the source, or the author, as you are making out.Seems he is quite an authority on QPR judging by his twitter https://twitter.com/davidmcintyre76Where he claims that Harry Redknapp called him the "worst journalist ever".All seems much more than a gossip blog to me. He is a journalist, with a press pass, who covers local football in West London. Yet his credibility is called into question because you are one of those dinosaurs who still annoys the person next to them on the tube with their rustling paper intruding on their daily commute and touching their knees? That ink on paper makes the source more credible, e.g. The Sport on Sunday?

"Was the pinkun created in 2013 by a bunch of ex BBC guys?"And I''ve just found out that WestLondonSport was created in 2011, so sounds like it is actually your credibility as a source which must be called into question. His linkedin shows that he has been a local sports journalist and he has been covering QPR for 15 years! And you think he is less credible than Lakey or Waghorn why? Should have consulted your two QPR mates before posting.

''West London Sport'' is the only source for this: "Redknapp is aware of Fer’s potential availability and is hoping Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes can agree a deal to sign him by the end of the week." No evidence of this is given, nor the amount they bid. Other blog sites have copied and pasted the same rumour, but the only source is ''West London Sport''. This looks like mere journo speculation picking up on an old story to me. I could see Fer going to Southampton, but not QPR.

The story sounds like a rehashing of what Adams was saying - from a QPR perspective and a little bit of air pumped into the story.

Adams said there have been plenty of calls about Norwich players and else where said no bids accepted for any players. Chuck those two together with a little hype and you get ''bid for Fer rejected''.

WestLondonSport is a click bait, advertisement money driven website. Without quotes etc it isn''t worth the bandwidth it comes on.