Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Play-offfs? NO!

that''s going to upset the ''ever so ''umble

personally I would think that has to be the target, more so as there is no reason to think we can''t

chaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaarge ! ! !

For me, perfect world senario, is to go up via play-offs.

Don''t think Norwich have ever done that (might be wrong) and for pure excitement it''s pretty hard to beat. Even better would be a penalty shootout to win it.

For the sake of my nerves a nice easy march to the championship with 15 points to spare would also be alright I guess.

I believe the squad we will have will be good enough to take the title - and I also believe that the club will be well aware of the benefits of ''yo yo''ing'' straight backIn that light I expect everything as well as the kitchen sink will be thrown to that end - and Adams will be under no illusion, nor will the players of what is expectedI also believe that the club will do as before and ensure that the bonuses for success are enticing enoughI cannot see any seasons after this one where we will be in a better position to win the title

[quote user="City1st"]I believe the squad we will have will be good enough to take the title - and I also believe that the club will be well aware of the benefits of ''yo yo''ing'' straight backIn that light I expect everything as well as the kitchen sink will be thrown to that end - and Adams will be under no illusion, nor will the players of what is expectedI also believe that the club will do as before and ensure that the bonuses for success are enticing enoughI cannot see any seasons after this one where we will be in a better position to win the title

Here we go again! The same eternal (unrealistic) optimists that were harping on about The Champions League at this time last season just because we''d bought RVW! We''ve beaten Dereham + pub team for god''s sake lets reassess after Wolves shall we?

[/quote]

Here we go again! The same eternal (unrealistic) optimists that were

harping on about The Champions League at this time last season just

because we''d bought RVW! We''ve beaten Dereham + pub team for god''s sake.Lets reassess after Wolves shall we?

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Here we go again! The same eternal (unrealistic) optimists that were harping on about The Champions League at this time last season just because we''d bought RVW! We''ve beaten Dereham + pub team for god''s sake lets reassess after Wolves shall we?[/quote]Do you think Lafferty was wrong saying what he did? Would you rather he had said "we''re hoping for a top ten finish and maybe the play-offs"? You sound disappointed.

Disappointed in Lafferty''s comments. Unnecessarily raising expectations in my opinion, and I''m sure many on here would agree. Would have preferred him to come out with something along the lines of "We''re just happy to be in this league, as a club this really is our level so what will be will be and we''ll be grateful for what we can get. We may have arguably the strongest squad in the league as it stands but that is absolutely meaningless. My only hope and expectation for this season is if after a dozen games we are under peforming and languishing miles off the play offs that no one, under any circumstance dare criticise the appointment of ''our neil''. And that anyone who does so will be justifiably lambasted as ''pant wetter'' or ''closet binner''. Let''s know our place. On the ball city."

We have one of the strongest, if not strongest team in this league. We need to go for it this season while we still have the players. In all honesty i can see players like Wes, Ruddy, Redderz, Hooper all sticking it out for one season in The Champ. Another season i think we will struggle to keep hold of them.

Afraid I''m going to have to differ with the above comments regarding ''strongest team'' in the Championship.I can only compare our squad with that of Derby County and I am sorry to say we come a poor second in virtually every department.My confidence in first time success is not bolstered by the farce that has been our pre season to date and all this needs is an average start to the season for the wheels to totally drop off!By the way I am NOT a Derby supporter!

Our only aim this season should be winning the league! Anything less than a play-off final victory will be a complete failure.

Adams has inherited one hell of a Championship squad, is he the man to lead a title push? Only time will tell!

If we don''t get it right first time we''ll end languishing in the Championsip for the next few years. 4 years down the line we''ll be saying "do you remember when we had a player at the World Cup?" Or as we sign a forward for 250k "do you remember when we payed 8million for RVW?"

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Afraid I''m going to have to differ with the above comments regarding ''strongest team'' in the Championship.I can only compare our squad with that of Derby County and I am sorry to say we come a poor second in virtually every department.My confidence in first time success is not bolstered by the farce that has been our pre season to date and all this needs is an average start to the season for the wheels to totally drop off!By the way I am NOT a Derby supporter![/quote]remind us of the start we had in 2009/102010/11

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Afraid I''m going to have to differ with the above comments regarding ''strongest team'' in the Championship.I can only compare our squad with that of Derby County and I am sorry to say we come a poor second in virtually every department.My confidence in first time success is not bolstered by the farce that has been our pre season to date and all this needs is an average start to the season for the wheels to totally drop off!By the way I am NOT a Derby supporter![/quote]

You really think Derby have a better squad? I don''t think so, I think we edge it:

Grant, Buxton, Keogh, Forsyth, Wisdom (not sure who this years RB for them will be, but still)... they are not better than Ruddy, Whittaker, Martin, Bennet and Olsson.

Ward, Hughes, Bryson, Thorne, Russell .... I''m going to generously say that they are slightly better than our midfield 5, if we were to play a midfield 5: Tettey, Fer, Howson, Redmond, Pilks, but it''s a very close call.

Up front: Sammon/Martin or RVW/Hooper/Lafferty/Grabban/Hoolahan ..... no contest.

So in summary no, it''s not at all clear that Derby have a better squad than us, but it is clear that they have an experienced manager and settled style of play in comparison to us at present, which could well prove decisive in a league like the championship (as we proved when we got promoted last time)

The "poor second in every department" as regards Derby is a bit strong isn''t it? Anyway three go up, so I''ll take one of those however it plays out.Obviously, we all hope the optimism isn''t as misplace as it was this time last year. My fear, if fear it be, is that we don''t get the results against Wolves on opening day or the scum and suddenly the knives are out. Tough series of fixtures Mr Adams has been dealt in his first 10 games.

the paupers will be a duck shoot - assuming they have enough senior players to put outI don''t thing a few on here realise just how bad things are at poorman road

[quote user="City1st"]the paupers will be a duck shoot - assuming they have enough senior players to put outI don''t thing a few on here realise just how bad things are at poorman road

[/quote]Our senior side is doing just fine and enjoyed another good run-out last night at Colchester - no flooding, no cancellations.

Derby Canary

I can only compare our squad with that of Derby County and I am sorry to say we come a poor second in virtually every department.

By the way I am NOT a Derby supporter!

Certainly NOT a Norwich supporter either!!!

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="City1st"]the paupers will be a duck shoot - assuming they have enough senior players to put out

I don''t thing a few on here realise just how bad things are at poorman road

[/quote]

Our senior side is doing just fine and enjoyed another good run-out last night at Colchester - no flooding, no cancellations.
[/quote]

Sizing up the cabbage patch for a future ground share?

Bit big for you I should think.

A year ago we could have had the pick of the top European managers. Now we find ourselves with Delia''s prized poodle in charge, trying to rebuild the squad by grubbing around for bargains and stumbling from one shambles to another. Hence it''ll take a miracle to finish in the top half.

In terms of excitement, to go up through a Playoff final would be a great way to finish the league. Cup final with amazing rewards for everyone.

I celebrated Simeon''s goal like mad but would the celebrations have been bigger if it was the Playoff final, not with games to spare? I reckon so.

However, the whole point of the league is to try and win it so would obviously be happy with winning the league ;-)

I think that over the course of a season we have enough to finish top six, but I think we may struggle to begin with whilst we find our stride (like in previous seasons).

Would love a trip to Wembley!

[quote user="Howson is now"]In terms of excitement, to go up through a Playoff final would be a great way to finish the league. Cup final with amazing rewards for everyone.

I celebrated Simeon''s goal like mad but would the celebrations have been bigger if it was the Playoff final, not with games to spare? I reckon so.

However, the whole point of the league is to try and win it so would obviously be happy with winning the league ;-)

I think that over the course of a season we have enough to finish top six, but I think we may struggle to begin with whilst we find our stride (like in previous seasons).

Would love a trip to Wembley![/quote]I am in two minds about the whole playoff thing, part of me thinks that it is just to generate TV revenue, and that really it would just be fairer if the team who had played well throughout the season, and found themselves in third place, got promoted.Yeah I''d love a trip to Wembley too, but if my team finished third, and lost in the play off final, I would feel pretty annoyed about it all.Play offs - exciting as long as its not your team involved.

Bugger the playoffs, we''re looking to win the league. The quality we have in our squad means we are the favourites for the league. Fulham are all depressed because they have that mean man Magath in charge and a load of old fogies on the pitch, Cardiff have lost/ are losing their best 5 players so we should if we get our heads right walk this league so long as we work hard.

Or exciting as long as your team win. I agree that it shows you are the better team over the course of the season to go up as winners but for cup final excitement it would be great.

I still remember sitting on a kerb outside the Millennium stadium absolutely gutted, but I guess given our track history of cup success (I was born in 84 so not exactly been great since I was able to speak) it''s a potential cup final.

Either way promotion is the goal, I just think there''s more excitement in the playoff final. That is unless we do a Man Citeh and gain promotion with the last kick of the last game!

The thing about the play-off final last time we were there was that we were obviously not ready at that stage.  A terrific effort to get to the final, but lacking in overall ability.  Having managed to get one up which was terrific, we then lost the mental battle, with panicky defending and just boot the ball up the field tactics. So no composure - and the pernalty outcome was entirely predictable.

This time - if it gets to that stage - we will be a different prospect. We will be the ones with the experience and composure imo, compared to any other team.   If the season goes well though, we shouldn''t need to worry about that as we will be in the top two anyway.