Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Dani Pacheco

Has signed for Real Betis on a free transfer. Was linked to Malaga and Celta Vigo. They will play this season is the second tier after relegation from La Liga, but that is a very good move for him, big club and average attendance over 30,000 despite relegation last year.Looked as if he was going to become an also-ran like Arturo Lupoli because his last club was tiny, but looks like he could fulfill his potential. Always thought it was a shame he didn''t get another go here, clever little player.Wouldn''t he have been a decent second striker / playmaker to have had here this season on a free transfer to compete for that spot at the top of the diamond?

I think it would be a bit of an insult to bundle a player of Pacheco''s calibre in with Cody McDonald and Kei Kamara.Only one of them came through the youth system at Barcelona and played 17 games for Liverpool.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]I think it would be a bit of an insult to bundle a player of Pacheco''s calibre in with Cody McDonald and Kei Kamara.Only one of them came through the youth system at Barcelona and played 17 games for Liverpool. [/quote]Which really is where he peaked.Hence peoples reticence to consider him.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]And was playing for the Spanish under 21''s three years ago. [/quote]And I shall temper that with Daryl Sutch''s 4 appearances for England U21''s.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODY!!!

Tbh I thought Pacheco was a decent enough prospect, just didnt kick-on and develop.

Pacheco was awrsome and may have proved am asset after he left, as with Lansbury. It''s hard to say but I'' m not sure he would have been the definite reason for staying up and going down. He certainly seemed to develop at Norwich a lot.

He''s nowhere near the level of Cody Mac though. This season it''ll be surman, mark my words

Signing a three year deal at Real Betis suggests that he has impressed in Spain over the past couple of seasons.Daryl Sutch is a member of our Hall of Fame and played in every position on the pitch for us, so don''t see the need to criticise a player who may have been limited technically but served us very well and always gave 100%. You don''t get many other clubs were people are so quick to bad mouth their loyal servants.... 13 years of service and well over 300 games, including many in our top 3 season and European campaign. To some now a figure of fun because he stayed a couple of years too long after his legs had gone. Are you really a Norwich fan?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Signing a three year deal at Real Betis suggests that he has impressed in Spain over the past couple of seasons.Daryl Sutch is a member of our Hall of Fame and played in every position on the pitch for us, so don''t see the need to criticise a player who may have been limited technically but served us very well and always gave 100%. You don''t get many other clubs were people are so quick to bad mouth their loyal servants.... 13 years of service and well over 300 games, including many in our top 3 season and European campaign. To some now a figure of fun because he stayed a couple of years too long after his legs had gone. Are you really a Norwich fan? [/quote]Oh dry your eyes.Daryl Sutch was an average player, and I was making the point that playing at U21 level for your country, doesn''t mean you are something special.

[quote user="NOT Waveney Canary"]Is there a need to be so agressive.

Daryl Sutch was an average player that worked hard, as is Dani Pacheco.[/quote]Who was being aggressive?Is this just another case proving that you are more interested in having pops at me, than actually talking about football?

Pacheco was great in the 6-0 win against Scunthorpe. After that, he was disappointing. Many think he performed well here just because we were promoted. In reality, he went missing quite a bit on the pitch.

[quote user="NOT Waveney Canary"]I talked about football in my last post, try reading it again. However in your last post it contained no football chat. Just sayin''.[/quote]You were also talking about me.Again.Jus sayin''

never understand the love for loan players

yes he was ok but that was it

Lansbury was the real loan star that season

[quote user="NOT Waveney Canary"]Two consecutive posts from Morty but yet still no football chat.

You really should lighten up a bit and have a laugh once in a while.[/quote]Sorry, but you call me a cock in one thread, but expect me to have a chummy laugh with you?Strange...

I use to follow Betis for a bit a while back as my ex was from Jerez and that was her families team.They use to be a bit of a "man''s" team - think wimbledon 80''s/ stoke combo - struggle to see Pacheco fitting in that sort of set up.Like many have said - seems a nice lad, but never really good enough.

I loved watching Pacheco; quick brain, quick feet - too quick for the team he was part of back then. He''d have better players around him if he were to join us now!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I loved watching Pacheco; quick brain, quick feet - too quick for the team he was part of back then. He''d have better players around him if he were to join us now![/quote]He courted Norwich for a while on Twitter, commenting on everything. You would have thought though, that if he had a real desire to return to England, his agent would have been able to find him a club here?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]I think it would be a bit of an insult to bundle a player of Pacheco''s calibre in with Cody McDonald and Kei Kamara.

Only one of them came through the youth system at Barcelona and played 17 games for Liverpool.
[/quote]

Goran Maric came through Barcelona''s youth system too...