Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

Nathan Redmond

He''s obviously going to be continually touted and linked with a move away.

Would we sell him for the suggested 6 million? Surely not.

So much future potential, already as tricky as many players in the country. Young, prominent in the under 21 national set up.

We wouldn''t get anyone near as exciting for that fee. He''s also said he wants to stay. If we don''t need to sell it seems ludicrous to sell him for any price.

He will tear the championship apart, seriously detrimental to our promotion if we let him go.

Other young players of lesser quality and potential go for much higher than the suggested what''s probably nonsense quote.

Cant see us accepting for less than £10m, just look at the fees of Zaha, Mccormack etc. Look at what Watford are rejecting for Troy Deeney. In my opinion with Ruddy, Redmond, Fer, Hooper i wouldnt accept less than 10. We dont need to sell and you look at teams like Southmapton who obviously have £50m + plus to spend. So why let anyone go for less than the current market value. Snodgrass webt for 7-8 million because he had 12 months left on hid contract. With Redmond we are talking about a future Engkand international with 2 or 3 years left on a contract.

Delia and the board only see profit now, football comes second with them these day imo, hence Adams appointment.

Prudence with zero ambition from now on.

*I''ll just throw this in here*Looking at the grand scheme of things, if we were to get big money for Redmond (say 9 or 10 million) would it be the end of the world having Josh Murphy in his position?

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]We''ll see Wiz. If someone comes up with £10m, then maybe, but McNally is no Doncaster.[/quote]

I think they''ll let him go for half that YS72, Fer too.............and very soon I''m gutted to say. [:(]

I think we need to be bringing in a new face for every one that we lose now. Everybody saying that we have an abundance of wingers but pretty sure there was a period last season where we had one fit winger and had to use Hoolahan out wide.Josh Murphy has graduated and fills the hole in the squad that Snodgrass has left.  So if Redmond leaves, we need a winger. That Gary Mackay-Steven that somebody suggested looks decent.Neil Adams said that if anybody left we''d replace them with ''better'' players, which is a ridiculous comment really, because we aren''t going to be able to replace Redmond, Fer, or Ruddy with a ''better'' player.

Morty,

We also have the other Murphy in the wings - see what I did there?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]I think we need to be bringing in a new face for every one that we lose now.

Everybody saying that we have an abundance of wingers but pretty sure there was a period last season where we had one fit winger and had to use Hoolahan out wide.

Josh Murphy has graduated and fills the hole in the squad that Snodgrass has left. 

So if Redmond leaves, we need a winger. That Gary Mackay-Steven that somebody suggested looks decent.

Neil Adams said that if anybody left we''d replace them with ''better'' players, which is a ridiculous comment really, because we aren''t going to be able to replace Redmond, Fer, or Ruddy with a ''better'' player.
[/quote]

Nail on head. [Y]

[quote user="Ray"]Morty,

We also have the other Murphy in the wings - see what I did there?[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/640232a712_zps57437961.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/640232a712_zps57437961.gif[/IMG][/URL]Unfortunately Ray, a great deal of people would see it as lacking ambition, rather than a good bit of business.

You''re inventing your own misery! He hasn''t gone anywhere yet, nor has he shown any signs that he will be leaving.

[quote user="splutcho"]You''re inventing your own misery! He hasn''t gone anywhere yet, nor has he shown any signs that he will be leaving.[/quote][:D]

Losing Snodgrass and Redmond and replacing them with the inexperienced Murphy twins in a season where we are hoping for automatic promotion wouldn''t just be "lacking ambition", it would be a disaster. I''m all for getting them involved but you just sound so tinpot Morty. We play 8 more games this season, Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday, we need a deep squad. Pilkington is never ever going to be  Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday player again.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Losing Snodgrass and Redmond and replacing them with the inexperienced Murphy twins in a season where we are hoping for automatic promotion wouldn''t just be "lacking ambition", it would be a disaster. I''m all for getting them involved but you just sound so tinpot Morty. We play 8 more games this season, Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday, we need a deep squad. Pilkington is never ever going to be  Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday player again.

[/quote]Tinpot? Why the need?Just because you disagree with the idea I am putting across? Whats the point of spending all this money on a category 1 academy, then not using the end products?I am not advocating getting ten million for Redmond and it going in the directors back pockets, I am saying if we used Murphy in his place AND had ten million to spend, would it be the end of the world?

Strange the £6 mill price tag, Where did that come from as im damn sure we will want a lot more than thatHereWe turned down £3 mill ? ok as Does he think Redmonds going cheap ? We should tell Southampton to go do one and set the price at £15 mill and see what they do.

And we haven''t replaced Snodgrass with an "inexperienced Murphy twin" we have a "new" player this season to play in that position in the shape of Elliot Bennett.

Morty,

I tend to agree, although I''m not in favour of selling for selling''s sake. It may be worth seeing how he and the Murph(s) play in the first 4 or 5 games, if we have ready replacements, who are effectively free, and assuming we still have Pilks and Benno on the books, giving us four wingers without factoring in other players who could play wide, then accepting a strong, and I emphsise strong, offer would put the coffers in the bank for a rainy day (January).

We have a squad of 29, which ios 4 more than we were allowed last season and there are probably another one or two to arrive, so even if we let 2 go, we still have a squad 16% up on last year. Yep more games I know and we were left short a couple of time last year but with 4 more players at our disposal that shoulod be enough.

All that said, we do need Josh to prove he can fill the role, which based on what we have seen this season so far, I for think he can do.

[quote user="Ray"]Morty,

I tend to agree, although I''m not in favour of selling for selling''s sake. It may be worth seeing how he and the Murph(s) play in the first 4 or 5 games, if we have ready replacements, who are effectively free, and assuming we still have Pilks and Benno on the books, giving us four wingers without factoring in other players who could play wide, then accepting a strong, and I emphsise strong, offer would put the coffers in the bank for a rainy day (January).

We have a squad of 29, which ios 4 more than we were allowed last season and there are probably another one or two to arrive, so even if we let 2 go, we still have a squad 16% up on last year. Yep more games I know and we were left short a couple of time last year but with 4 more players at our disposal that shoulod be enough.

All that said, we do need Josh to prove he can fill the role, which based on what we have seen this season so far, I for think he can do.[/quote]I agree Ray, the best outcome still is, for me, that we keep Redmond. It was purely a hypothetical question.

Well the hypothetical scenario sounds tinpot. If we were to lose Redmond and Snodgrass, and not sign any wingers, I''d consider that a mistake and bordering on tinpot. I''m not suggesting that we don''t give opportunities to kids, but the Murphy twins have played 26 games between them and have a combined age of less than Carlo Nash.I really think that this could be Josh Murphy''s breakthrough season, but you can''t play kids every week they have to be managed and you have to accept that they may not react well to pressure. Plus somebody I know who coaches in the academy claims that Josh is actually considered better than Jacob at the club, so perhaps Jacob should be going out on loan again for the sake of his development. Although I wouldn''t shed any tears if we sold Redmond for £10m, as long as it had a few add-ons in case he becomes the next Gareth Bale and moves to Real Madrid, because I think he is far from the finished article anyway and may never become the top class player that people predict. Just saying that if he did leave I think it would leave us very short of wingers.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Well the hypothetical scenario sounds tinpot. If we were to lose Redmond and Snodgrass, and not sign any wingers, I''d consider that a mistake and bordering on tinpot. I''m not suggesting that we don''t give opportunities to kids, but the Murphy twins have played 26 games between them and have a combined age of less than Carlo Nash.I really think that this could be Josh Murphy''s breakthrough season, but you can''t play kids every week they have to be managed and you have to accept that they may not react well to pressure. Plus somebody I know who coaches in the academy claims that Josh is actually considered better than Jacob at the club, so perhaps Jacob should be going out on loan again for the sake of his development. Although I wouldn''t shed any tears if we sold Redmond for £10m, as long as it had a few add-ons in case he becomes the next Gareth Bale and moves to Real Madrid, because I think he is far from the finished article anyway and may never become the top class player that people predict. Just saying that if he did leave I think it would leave us very short of wingers. [/quote]Are you actually reading what I am typing?

"We have a squad of 29, which ios 4 more than we were allowed last season"We were allowed 25 players over the age of 21, and an unlimited number of players under the age of 21. That gives us a squad of 23 + kids. Of that 23 we have pretty much been told that we are looking to rehome three of them (Bunn, Bassong, Becchio). If those three players leave we almost certainly need to replace them. Remember that we play 46 league games instead of 38 league games this season, we need a bigger squad in this league not a smaller one!

Nathan Redmond won''t leave as he isn''t ready for the Premier League and the clubs willing to pay the £5 or £6m he is worth (come on people in dreamland of £10m, with players like Crowley, Patrick Roberts, currently Raheem Sterling and Wilfried Zaha around there''s no way he''s worth that), are relegation threatened enough to not take multi-million risks on as-yet unfulfilled ball skills and shots into the stand.

I like Redmond, and think he will one day cut it in the top half of the Prem but please wake up, just because he can do all the tricks you kids do on FIFA doesn''t make him a £10m player.

I don''t know if you are reading what you are typing yourself Morty. You said: "If we were to get big money for Redmond (say 9 or 10 million) would it

be the end of the world having Josh Murphy in his position?"
And I said that if we didn''t replace Redmond with another player, I''d consider that tinpot. I''m not going to communicate any further, I''m sure you will forgive me if I opt out of a pointless 7 or 14 page argument over pure semantics and slight differences of interpretation, don''t fancy one quite that long today.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I think Morty''s right that it depends on the state of your ''glass''. Sadly Wiz doesn''t even seem to have a glass, never mind any contents![/quote]

No, because when you support City you soon realise that any good contents soon get flogged off for a quick profit.

For what it is worth, the Murphs are often referred to as youngsters, well Redmond is less than one year older than them.

OK more time on the pitch (senior games anyway) but they all have to start somewhere and Redmond made his senior debut at approx 16yrs 6 months and he''s done OK so far but by no means the finished article and on what I''ve seen so far this season, Josh is very close to performing at Redmond''s level, accepting of course the level of the oppo.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]I don''t know if you are reading what you are typing yourself Morty. You said: "If we were to get big money for Redmond (say 9 or 10 million) would it

be the end of the world having Josh Murphy in his position?"
And I said that if we didn''t replace Redmond with another player, I''d consider that tinpot. I''m not going to communicate any further, I''m sure you will forgive me if I opt out of a pointless 7 or 14 page argument over pure semantics and slight differences of interpretation, don''t fancy one quite that long today.[/quote]And I then went on to say that I wasn''t advocating the money going in the directors pockets, and that it should be spent.[:|]

Actually Canary On The Wire, I disagree with the valuation you give. I agree completely that he is far from the finished product and that there are a few better English kids in his position, but the new TV package has inflated prices so much that £8m to £10m would probably be the new £5m to £6m.We have just got £7m or £8m for an average Premier League player with one year left on his deal, clubs always pay a premium for English players, especially young ones, I think we''d be selling ourselves short at £6m..... £8m with plenty of add-ons or £10m with a sell on fee would seem realistic enough for me.£10m isn''t as much as it was a couple of years ago, Borini just went for £14m!