Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Are we going to be ready ?

Just looked at a few clubs pre season, they all look a lot tougher then our games. I worry the Wolves game will be bit of a battering, It'' s probably the worst game we could have had. Hope I''m wrong.

After last season, we needed the feel good factor to return.  Slamming in a few goals will have helped and a couple of sterner tests will help in the run up to Wolves.  That will be the test and what they will be mentally preparing for.   If Adams and his staff are up to speed in the match preparation for Wolves, they''ll be fine.   Pre-season is pre-seaso and once the season starts proper, ''hit the ground running'' has to be the message. 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

If you want easy pre-season just look at what Wolves are doing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Wolverhampton_Wanderers_F.C._season

[/quote]

Blimey, taking no risks there!
[/quote]

Interesting how they are playing Celta Vigo the day after Norwich are, imagine the Spanish side might be a bit tired by the time they get to Wolves...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Wolverhampton_Wanderers_F.C._season

[/quote]Blimey, taking no risks there![/quote]

Interesting how they are playing Celta Vigo the day after Norwich are, imagine the Spanish side might be a bit tired by the time they get to Wolves...

[/quote]2 games is 2 days cannot make any sense. Unless of course they are playing 2 different teams. I wonder who will get the first team?

I can''t remember who''s interview it was in this week but they were saying that training at a higher altitude was paying off.  Wolves certainly aren''t going to be getting that benefit from the look of those fixtures.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Blimey, taking no risks there!
[/quote]

[/quote]

2 games is 2 days cannot make any sense. Unless of course they are playing 2 different teams. I wonder who will get the first team?
[/quote]

I remember another team doing the same thing a few seasons back, maybe Zaragoza. Played half first team in one game and half in the other - will be interesting to see what Celta do.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]Blimey, taking no risks there![/quote]

[/quote]2 games is 2 days cannot make any sense. Unless of course they are playing 2 different teams. I wonder who will get the first team?[/quote]

I remember another team doing the same thing a few seasons back, maybe Zaragoza. Played half first team in one game and half in the other - will be interesting to see what Celta do.

[/quote]Probably similar, I can see no training benefit from anyone playing two games in two days, even at this stage of pre season.

Well at least we''ve had no big injuries so far. Ricky has got himself a couple of goals and the players will be well refreshed. I''d say it''s going alright. There''s still 3 weeks to get match fitness up to speed.

Stop the pant wetting please!

Our last 3 pre season friendlies are against 2 top flight French teams and Celta Vigo from Spain and aren''t they in the Spanish top flight?

These clubs would be top 12 Championship clubs at least!

That sounds like a reasonable argument kingsway, thanks for bringing things back to reality.

I would never be a pant wetter, or even a flag waver, but equally I dont want to see our club shooting itself in the foot.

Yes!We played 38 games against top opposition last year with 95% of the same players. We shipped goals galore and scored very few.Why not prepare for this season by playing more top sides and getting hammered again - great confidence builder. The work to shore up the defence and help the strikers happens on the training ground with the coaches. Pre-season is a time to try out varying formations, tactics and player positions against opposition other than their team-mates.More important than ever this year ( as is the case in most sports, team or individual ) is the team spirit. From what I have heard and read that team spirit is being built by Adams and his staff day by day. The fact that we have scored a few goals this pre-season, and RvW in particular has found the net (I know granny could have scored) should be a good platform to build on. In general the games this year will be more physical but we should be ready to play any side in this league and expect to get something out of the game. Pre-season never has been and never will be any worthwhile predictor of the season to come.

"Pre-season never has been and never will be any worthwhile predictor of the season to come."

Exactly! I really don''t understand this fascination with pre-season and how up in arms everyone is getting.

We have had some extra time working on our tactics, training at higher altitudes, and bonding the team. What more could you want? We still have three friendlies to go against better opposition and the fact of the matter is, nobody will be approaching these friendlies in the same way they would a league game as they''re just a warm up. A lot of players will be making runs they wouldn''t usually make trying to build up their fitness, they''ll be making passes they wouldn''t usually in a competitive game getting their range, and they basically mean nothing!

They only sell tickets to get more money or they''d just be warm ups behind closed doors.

We can''t say as yet what will happen on the pitch but if what Adams is doing off the pitch is anything to go by then we are in for a relegation struggle

Given that McNally stated Adams was hired as a coach, not to deal with administrative matters, I highly doubt there''s anything to go by there.

That said you are a sad excuse for a troll anyway.

[quote user="kingsway"]Stop the pant wetting please!

Our last 3 pre season friendlies are against 2 top flight French teams and Celta Vigo from Spain and aren''t they in the Spanish top flight?

These clubs would be top 12 Championship clubs at least![/quote]Yes, but our last game is against a team (Celta Vigo) who will then still be three weeks away from the start of their season, and since they are playing Wolves the next day it is hardly likely we (or Wolves) will be facing their probable starting eleven for La Liga. It always was a bad choice for the final game before a Championship season, made worse by the cancellation of the fixtures on the Italian tour. We should have arranged to play a League One or League Two club.

Like others have said, friendly games are no indicators of how a seasons going to go!

Yes we could have played against better teams but like I said, 3 games against teams in the top flight of strong footballing Countries is nothing to be sniffed at!

I can be as critical as anyone when its justified but I do try to not be negative for the sake of it which is a common trait of many Norwich City fans!

I hope we get stuffed in our last 3 friendly games then go onto win the Championship at a canter!

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]We can''t say as yet what will happen on the pitch but if what Adams is doing off the pitch is anything to go by then we are in for a relegation struggle[/quote]What is he doing off the pitch?