Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

"It will take big money to prize him away"

Is what Adams has just told Paddy Davitt about Leroy Fer after the Bastia game. Also says no news on players coming in.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Is what Adams has just told Paddy Davitt about Leroy Fer after the Bastia game. Also says no news on players coming in.[/quote]I just tweeted Paddy to clarify that a little.

Depends on what they call ''big money''? I would hope that means nothing less than £10 million.

Can we read from that tweet that Leroy has expressed a preference to leaving?

I personally think he will go, and think it will be around the 8-10 million pound area. Good money really.

[quote user="morty"]Can we read from that tweet that Leroy has expressed a preference to leaving?[/quote]
Neil just responding to the speculation imo. And reassuring fans that they aren''t going to give him away.

[quote user="morty"]Can we read from that tweet that Leroy has expressed a preference to leaving?[/quote]I wouldn''t say so. Probably just means there have been contact from other clubs about him.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="morty"]Can we read from that tweet that Leroy has expressed a preference to leaving?[/quote]I wouldn''t say so. Probably just means there have been contact from other clubs about him.[/quote]And it maybe says that Neil expects him to leave.Thing is, if Leroy had banged Neil''s desk saying "God damn it, I don''t care what they offer, I want to stay at Norwich" then it wouldn''t be an issue.I think reading between the lines Leroy would be open to a move.Obviously if the price is right.

I''d prefer it that if Norwich put out any message then it is we want a team to right last seasons wrongs and prove they are premiership players. We wish retain last season''s squad and we don''t need to sell so accordingly each player has a minimum value of £31m if you want to make a bid. We dont want to run the risk of them being sold on 31 Aug with no replacements in what is a grueling league.

He might well go, yes but I think that the majority of the squad would be open for a move if it meant better pay or league, that is football. All we know is that Leroy Fer has not been publicly throwing his toys out of the pram and trying to force a move.

Canary73 wrote the following post at 25/07/2014 7:43 PM:

"I''d prefer it that if Norwich put out any message then it is we want a team to right last seasons wrongs and prove they are premiership players. We wish retain last season''s squad and we don''t need to sell so accordingly each player has a minimum value of £31m if you want to make a bid. We dont want to run the risk of them being sold on 31 Aug with no replacements in what is a grueling league. "

I''d like to build a world a home

and furnish it with love.

Grow apple trees and honey bees

and snow white turtle doves.

I''d like to teach the world to sing

in perfect harmony.

I''d like to hold it in my arms,

and keep it company....

Get real Buddy.

There is always going to be speculation.  Adams is not saying anything new or meaningful.   Its the equivalent of a "hands off unless you''ve got silly money" statement, nothing more. It is hopefully the position on all the players we want to keep.  In Fer''s case, imo silly money would nbe £12m +. At that level we would have to take offers of that nature seriously.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]He might well go, yes but I think that the majority of the squad would be open for a move if it meant better pay or league, that is football. All we know is that Leroy Fer has not been publicly throwing his toys out of the pram and trying to force a move.

[/quote]I don''t think he is that good that he can demand a move in that way.But the momentum on this seems to be building.I''m fine with it, if the money is good, we only want players here that want to be.

Frankly that''s a tosh response. It is man or mouse territory - you can stop the offers by pricing people out of the market if you are serious about keeping them.

[quote user="Canary73"]Frankly that''s a tosh response. It is man or mouse territory - you can stop the offers by pricing people out of the market if you are serious about keeping them.[/quote]How rich do you think we are exactly?

Whilst more £ never does any harm, we are not on our uppers that we need to accept bids of £4-9m for some of our better players. We paid fair amounts for them and they have a year or two''s experience at Premier League level. Every player has their price but we hold all the cards - similar to Arsenal who are after David Marshall - Cardiff should hold firm and say you want him, fine he is worth X - pay up of push off. That''ll stop the likes of QPR, Stoke, So''ton etc hawking round our players for as cheap as they can get and send a strong message from NCFC''s point that they are serious about tying to get back to top flight football.

[quote user="Canary73"]Whilst more £ never does any harm, we are not on our uppers that we need to accept bids of £4-9m for some of our better players. We paid fair amounts for them and they have a year or two''s experience at Premier League level. Every player has their price but we hold all the cards - similar to Arsenal who are after David Marshall - Cardiff should hold firm and say you want him, fine he is worth X - pay up of push off. That''ll stop the likes of QPR, Stoke, So''ton etc hawking round our players for as cheap as they can get and send a strong message from NCFC''s point that they are serious about tying to get back to top flight football.[/quote]And no one is saying any different.The party line goes "We don''t have to sell unless a silly offer comes in"The club has made it patently clear no one will leave on the cheap ( See the excellent Snoddy deal as an example)

Fer is obviously going to leave.  As I have said before in deleted threads, if he is still a Norwich City player by the end of the transfer window then I will run naked through the Royal Arcade and wipe my c*ck on the window of Jamie''s Restaurant.

[quote user="Canary73"]Frankly that''s a tosh response. It is man or mouse territory - you can stop the offers by pricing people out of the market if you are serious about keeping them.[/quote]nowhat you posted is old toshplayers have various clauses in their contracts mostly regarding what offers if made they can leave forif another club is interested they will know this price via the agent, that''s what agents are there forit is ridiculous to claim that you can simply stick a high price on a player and that is thata post above yours puts it neatlyplayers come and go depending on what is offered .... what is offered is what other clubs think a players is worththere''s nothing conspiratol or anything elseit is as the man said... football