Sign in to follow this  
pete

What sort of bid will Sevilla make for Leroy?

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=364493

Seville interested in Leroy apparently but how much would they be prepared to pay? Certainly not the circa £10m we would expect.

Other than Real or Barca the other Spanish clubs pay peanuts, go away in short jerky movements or pay the going rate,

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I think the bid will be a monetary bid but it could be used phone books I really don''t know[/quote]That was actually pretty good[:D]

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I don''t think we''ll get above £7m for Fer. We would''ve done had he not been so lazy last season.[/quote]Indeed. In fact he was so lazy he got picked to play for his national team in the World cup.

Given that Leroy was signed on a contract worth £4.5m

And he did largely nothing in the Premier League to increase that value.

However much a World Cup goal increases his value by it isn''t £5.5m.

If a deal worth £4-6m is offered, I would take it. Leroy is a luxury we don''t have to afford in the Championship with Tettey and Johnson around, both capable holding players. That said, I would like him to stay, but used in rotation with the latter two- as superior as some of the more ''linear'' football fans consider him to be for some reason, if he couldn''t hack a 38-game season, he won''t hack a 46-game one without serious fitness work.

What he does have is much more potential than Tettey and Johnson, as his ability to drive forward and pick a pass already outstrips much of their attacking ability. If anything I would say Leroy requires further work in training on anticipation and the standing tackle, much like Yaya Toure he flatters to deceive, though he is long of leg and very athletic and strong, neither are as good in the tackle as they are believed to be.

I don''t really mind what we get for him. He didn''t have the bottle for a relegation fight so he certainly won''t have the bottle to play in the Championship. Should focus our attention on keeping the younger players like Redmond etc.

Ah, the mythical bottle.

Richard Keys says England should stop trying to play continental football and focus on attributes like ''grit'' and ''determination'' and ''pride''

Wild stab in the dark here, but I reckon you''d think he''s right

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]Given that Leroy was signed on a contract worth £4.5m

And he did largely nothing in the Premier League to increase that value.

However much a World Cup goal increases his value by it isn''t £5.5m.

If a deal worth £4-6m is offered, I would take it. Leroy is a luxury we don''t have to afford in the Championship with Tettey and Johnson around, both capable holding players. That said, I would like him to stay, but used in rotation with the latter two- as superior as some of the more ''linear'' football fans consider him to be for some reason, if he couldn''t hack a 38-game season, he won''t hack a 46-game one without serious fitness work.

What he does have is much more potential than Tettey and Johnson, as his ability to drive forward and pick a pass already outstrips much of their attacking ability. If anything I would say Leroy requires further work in training on anticipation and the standing tackle, much like Yaya Toure he flatters to deceive, though he is long of leg and very athletic and strong, neither are as good in the tackle as they are believed to be.[/quote]What''s a ''linear'' football fan?

For linear, read the literal translation, as in someone who believes that a particular occurrence or decision leads directly to a related end product:

Example:

''HOW WE GORNA SCORE ANY GOOLS WITH ONE STROIKER UP FRONT NAEL''

Yes, he''s a fair weather player in my view.

Give him an international quality cross and he''ll do something with it. Ask him to put his body on the line and get some tackles in and he won''t.

Adams has told us that he asked players if they wanted to stay. He hasn''t told us who doesn''t, but Fer must surely be one - certainly the press are being told he wants to return to the Premiership.

It''s noticeable that with all the updates about injuries etc., and who will be available when, no mention has been made of how long Fer''s on holiday. Presumably he''ll return to the squad next week but there''s been no "Look forward to being able to pick Leroy" statement, has there?

In the end there''s a good chance he''ll go for an "undisclosed" fee which is always the case when it''s thought fans of one club may think he''s been sold too cheaply or those of the other that they''ve paid over the odds.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I don''t think we''ll get above £7m for Fer. We would''ve done had he not been so lazy last season.[/quote]

If he''s lazy, why would any club want him?

All the s cummers on this thread would love him in their team. Ah well, guess they''ll have to stick to the freebies.

The most interesting thing in the pinkun story is that they ''are considering signing him'' rather than making an offer, which seems odd wording when he''s our contracted player.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The most interesting thing in the pinkun story is that they ''are considering signing him'' rather than making an offer, which seems odd wording when he''s our contracted player.[/quote]

On a fairly lengthy contract aswell I believe. It would take a hefty fee that''s for sure.

I am puzzled..."luxury player?, "lazy'' ?

Fer is class, sure he had a few lesser games last season, but who didnt.......he will be very difficult to hold on to and I really do not expect him to stay, hope he does though of course.

......and how much would a World Cup goal add? ...certainly something significant, if he was a 5 million player before the WC, then he will certainly be at least a 7-8 million player now.

AS I have suggested before,perhaps a season loan would be a good thing?

Sevilla do have some money burning their back pockets after selling Rakitic for £16m to Barcelona

I think one of the key things with Fer is whether he is keen on getting stuck into the promotion push or wants out. If he wants out and we get offered £6.5/8m I would cash in. We do''t need players that aren''t up for it.

The "noise" he made before the W Cup seemed to be positive and happy to muck in with Norwich. Even with the clauses that EVERY player have in their contracts at NCFC reducing the wage for the Championship he will be on more money than he would get in a lot of other European Leagues, even the Bundesliga doesn''t pay well

[quote user="JC"]Sevilla do have some money burning their back pockets after selling Rakitic for £16m to Barcelona

I think one of the key things with Fer is whether he is keen on getting stuck into the promotion push or wants out. If he wants out and we get offered £6.5/8m I would cash in. We do''t need players that aren''t up for it.

The "noise" he made before the W Cup seemed to be positive and happy to muck in with Norwich. Even with the clauses that EVERY player have in their contracts at NCFC reducing the wage for the Championship he will be on more money than he would get in a lot of other European Leagues, even the Bundesliga doesn''t pay well[/quote]Thats actually a very good point, and the first time I have seen it made.

Pretty much unless it is a Champs League team in Spain, Germany or Italy I doubt they would get more money.

I doubt greatly he will be taken on as a "star player" for a top team. He wasn''t consistent enough and we saw with Newcastle how many players stayed put and went back up when they went down. Really goes down to what is in his head, with it not being a W Cup/ Euro Champs year may well stay put?

In other news apparently Hoolahan is now settled again at NCFC which is good, sounds like he has been performing well in preseason

Just ran this story past a dutch mate ( who obv doesnt need google translate for Cloggylingo ) A quick resume of Fers situation ..even with relegation Fer is happy with his wages...only an english premier team would pay more, apparently he fancies winning more games than losing so unless a top half premier team comes in for him he''ll stay for at least another season, euro 2016 squad place is his next real target along with promotion with us. ....sounds reassuring.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Norwich never get really big money for players if he was anywhere else he would be 10 mil plus[/quote]

That British recording breaking Chris Sutton transfer must have been a figment of my imagination. 7-8m for Snodgrass with 1 year left on his contract thats peanuts too.

and ashton to that''s 3 in how many years compare that with other clubs

in fact join ashton and snoddy together leeds got that for one player ! who is in the championship

[quote user="norfolkngood"]and ashton to that''s 3 in how many years compare that with other clubs

in fact join ashton and snoddy together leeds got that for one player ! who is in the championship[/quote]

Who is it exactly you think we have let go on the cheap? Comparing Ashton to McCormack is daft the Ashton transfer was 8 years ago and at the time we got a good fee.

well this is my opinion I think

fer will go about 6 mil

ruddy about 4 mil

Redmond about 5 mill

and hooper about 5 mil

before the end of window

that was my fault I didn''t word it correctly what I meant is we don''t sell many high price players yes we sell for a profit but what I meant was not many 5 million plus players have left carrow road in the past so you are correct in we don''t sell cheap

what I meant was we don''t produce or improve players to sell on for a large fee !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]well this is my opinion I think

fer will go about 6 mil

ruddy about 4 mil

Redmond about 5 mill

and hooper about 5 mil

before the end of window

that was my fault I didn''t word it correctly what I meant is we don''t sell many high price players yes we sell for a profit but what I meant was not many 5 million plus players have left carrow road in the past so you are correct in we don''t sell cheap

what I meant was we don''t produce or improve players to sell on for a large fee ![/quote]If all of those players leave the board wants sacking.I would accept one, possibly two.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]well this is my opinion I think

fer will go about 6 mil

ruddy about 4 mil

Redmond about 5 mill

and hooper about 5 mil

before the end of window

what I meant was we don''t produce or improve players to sell on for a large fee ![/quote]

Fair enough, I personally doubt those players will all leave and if they do i expect them to go for more than the fees you mentioned. I have faith in the way transfer business has been conducted under McNally and have no reason to doubt him on that particular front.