Sign in to follow this  
JF

Radio apps?

Anyone know of any apps that don''t cut off for commentary on Radio Norfolk? Thought someone posted one last season that didn''t.

I thought the BBC cut the commentary off at source for the Internet, something to to with rights to broadcast live football outside of the local audience.

Therefore I doubt any apps would be able to get round this .

What you need to do is reverse proxy on a VPN and then set up a spoof ISP with a local IP, when you connect to the BBC sign in as a spaff account re-route your connection through the DAB portal and you should be able to listen.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Buy an actual radio?[/quote]

But the he would have to get in his car and drive to somewhere that will pick up Radio Norfolk.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]I don''t get why you can''t listen to (for example) Radio Norfolk live football commentary on the internet?[/quote]It is wrong, I pay my license fee for TV & Radio only to find I can''t listen to it during a match !

If you have a subscription to Canary Player, then download an app called Photon, costs a couple of quid but basically allows you to use flash player on your mobile device. So I can listen to matches on my phone as long as I have 3G or a wifi signal.

Hope this helps.

[quote user="swindoncanary"][quote user="Johnny Stump"]I don''t get why you can''t listen to (for example) Radio Norfolk live football commentary on the internet?[/quote]

It is wrong, I pay my license fee for TV & Radio only to find I can''t listen to it during a match !
[/quote]

Really!!! Why?

I haven''t paid the BBC bonus scheme for the last 5 years or more and have no intention of ever paying it again.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]How do you get away without paying your license?

I thought all you had to have was a device capable of receiving TV signals?[/quote]

You just don''t pay it. Simple. You risk prosecution, if they catch you, but it''s not like it requires superpowers to not set up a direct debit.

They might smell a rat if I cancel my dd.

Anyway, I''m of an age where I believe that two men in a van with a spinny thing on top, can tell what you''re watching and in what room!

Also if you buy a new telly (as I did a few weeks ago), the shop takes and your name and address, to send to the licensing folks.

[quote user="morty"]Also if you buy a new telly (as I did a few weeks ago), the shop takes and your name and address, to send to the licensing folks.
[/quote]

Not any more Morts, they are not supposed to do that any more. It''s quite simple really you just phone Capita(the tv licence goons)and tell them you are revoking their right to access your property and should anybody knock on your door you will levy a £200 charge on that person personally. You will never hear from them again. And for the record TV licensing can no longer take anybody to court.

[quote user="InchY Van Dogs Dangly."]

[quote user="morty"]Also if you buy a new telly (as I did a few weeks ago), the shop takes and your name and address, to send to the licensing folks.[/quote]

Not any more Morts, they are not supposed to do that any more. It''s quite simple really you just phone Capita(the tv licence goons)and tell them you are revoking their right to access your property and should anybody knock on your door you will levy a £200 charge on that person personally. You will never hear from them again. And for the record TV licensing can no longer take anybody to court.

[/quote]Currys took my name and address a few weeks ago. It was probably more for junk mail though lol.I actually don''t mind paying the licence fee, if I''m honest. I''m a big fan of the BBC.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="InchY Van Dogs Dangly."]

[quote user="morty"]Also if you buy a new telly (as I did a few weeks ago), the shop takes and your name and address, to send to the licensing folks.[/quote]

[/quote]Currys took my name and address a few weeks ago. It was probably more for junk mail though lol.I actually don''t mind paying the licence fee, if I''m honest. I''m a big fan of the BBC.[/quote]they take your name so that when the warranty nearly runs out they can remind you  to take out their extended warranty for three quarters of the cost of a new tele

Here, here Morty. We should all be proud of the BBC.

I think the fee is far too low. I would willingly sell my house and all its contents to help the BBC.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Here, here Morty. We should all be proud of the BBC.

I think the fee is far too low. I would willingly sell my house and all its contents to help the BBC.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="InchY Van Dogs Dangly."]

[/quote]Currys took my name and address a few weeks ago. It was probably more for junk mail though lol.I actually don''t mind paying the licence fee, if I''m honest. I''m a big fan of the BBC.[/quote]they take your name so that when the warranty nearly runs out they can remind you  to take out their extended warranty for three quarters of the cost of a new tele [/quote]I shall outfox them and move house before the 5 year warranty expires.

[quote user="morty"]Also if you buy a new telly (as I did a few weeks ago), the shop takes and your name and address, to send to the licensing folks.
[/quote]

Yes, they did think it a bit odd when you said your name was L D Canary and you lived in the Lake District. [;)]

I swear by the app Tunein radio, but I had the same problem, it''s a very annoying and persistent one, and I had trouble keeping the frequency being far away.. - how much is canary player And is it worth it - I''ve never really bothered to check ..

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

What you need to do is reverse proxy on a VPN and then set up a spoof ISP with a local IP, when you connect to the BBC sign in as a spaff account re-route your connection through the DAB portal and you should be able to listen.

[/quote]

Well, if I''d known it was THAT simple  [;)]