Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

S C Bastia

So it''s game day, the team looks stronger than the pub teams we''ve been playing - It''ll be a good game I hope - predictions?(for a bit of fun. Be specific on who scores) I''m going 3-1 norwich, Hooper 2 Redmond 1

[quote user="AidanC"]So it''s game day, the team looks stronger than the pub teams we''ve been playing - It''ll be a good game I hope - predictions?(for a bit of fun. Be specific on who scores) I''m going 3-1 norwich, Hooper 2 Redmond 1[/quote]It will good to see us playing something that resembles a "proper" team, to give us a more accurate gauge of how we intend setting up this season.

Yeah - it''s hard to pull anything other than team spirit from the other games - I hope, being a little sinful, we get a bashing to get the lads motivated for the season ahead.

[quote user="AidanC"]Yeah - it''s hard to pull anything other than team spirit from the other games - I hope, being a little sinful, we get a bashing to get the lads motivated for the season ahead.[/quote]It would be good to see a realistic scoreline with a goal or two either way in it, so that we at least know they have been tested a bit.Hopefully this will be the start of the games getting progressively more difficult.

[quote user="AidanC"]Predicted lineup ?[/quote]I would have thought it will be standard friendly fayre, where pretty much everyone gets a game.Hopefully in amongst that Neil will continue to play around with the formations.Not sure if Lafferty or Grabben are fit or not for tonight, which could dictate how we play.

Team :- Rudd, Whittaker, R Bennett, Turner, Garrido, Howson, Johnson(c), E Bennett, Hoolahan, Redmond, Hooper.Diamond?4-4-1-1?

Subs:-  Mathews(GK), Pilkington, Loza, Josh Murphy, Jacob Murphy, Surman, Gafaiti.Looks like Grabben and Lafferty didn''t make it then.No Ruddy, clearly in talks with Arsenal[;)]

Definite 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 for me. Howson and Johnson as the two central midfielders, Redmond on the left, E.Bennett on the right, Hoolahan behind Hooper.

Well played Canary fans![URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/1a381578-ff2e-41c5-b1ec-45ea2bfe7117_300_zps443fdc8f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/1a381578-ff2e-41c5-b1ec-45ea2bfe7117_300_zps443fdc8f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Good to hear Paddy''s comments about the disciplined tracking back by both Benno and Redmond, the snapping play of Johnson and Howson, and Wes as the pick of the players at the hub. Good stuff.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Could that be a diamond with Hoolahan left, Bennett right, and Redmond tip of the diamond?

Interesting if it is.[/quote]Neil Adams said its 4-2-3-1

4-2-3-1 is basically what we played under Hughton.

Could split hairs all day about whether Hughton played 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1, they are basically the same thing.

I am looking forward to seeing more of that diamond though with two up front - Lambert style, with Surman competing for the left side of it.

But nice to see that we will go into the season with some tactical diversity. Hughton''s problem wasn''t his system, but his unwillingness to ever change it when it wasn''t working.

I''d be happy if we alternated between the diamond and the 4-2-3-1 next season.

Paddy''s half-time summary: "No qualms with standard of this opp. Very competitive. Wes the dominant influence for majority."

Wes seems to have rediscovered his appetite and form under Adams.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Paddy''s half-time summary: "No qualms with standard of this opp. Very competitive. Wes the dominant influence for majority."

Wes seems to have rediscovered his appetite and form under Adams.[/quote]As long as its for more than one game in five, then he''s welcome back into the fold.Oh, and he has to celebrate his goals properly.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]But nice to see that we will go into the season with some tactical diversity. Hughton''s problem wasn''t his system, but his unwillingness to ever change it when it wasn''t working.

I''d be happy if we alternated between the diamond and the 4-2-3-1 next season.[/quote]
Adams has used 3 different systems so far:
4-4-2
4-1-2-1-2 (or a diamond)
and 4-2-3-1
I think the only thing we can expect from Adams is that we will play a back four and at least one striker, everything else will depend on a number of factors (form, opposition etc.)
Hughtons biggest problem wasn''t his failure to alter shape, he did that quite regularly, it was his inability to alter his tactics that caused him so many issues. From what I''ve heard and seen, Adams doesn''t suffer from the same issue.

They have got some very good players in their squad Morty, look a strong team on paper.

Djibbril Cisse, Sebastien Squillaci, Francois Modeste, all getting on a bit but quality players.