Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

OT commonwealth games

I can''t get into it.  I know the athletes are top class and far better than anything I could achieve (my 10k best was 41 minutes, which is pretty poor by top standards) but it''s really just a poor man''s Olympics.  Best bit by far is Sharon Davies''s "cougar" antics when interviewing the young male swimmers."Wayne, you looked really hot in that pool tonight!""Er.... thanks.... I think...."  <runs off>

It''s not bad, has it''s moments. A little watching time with some of the lesser sports can be quite interesting.

I do think that the Beeb''s saturated coverage is a bit unfair on non-sports enthusiasts though and I also notice that Channels Four and Five fail to use the opportunity to cash in on spare viewers by being just as dire as usual.

Time for the BBC to have their own sports channel, IMO, licence payer''s money permitting. 

[quote user="im spartacus"]i just watched some bloke from the solomon islands get lapped twice in the 5000 meters i know it''s all about taking part but he couldn''t beat my mum in the race for life [:D][/quote]5000 metersblimey, is he the gas man or something ?

The opening ceremony reminded me of Cromer carnival minus the sexy voluptuous Brenda from the crab shop.Blimey a pick up truck with scaffolding poles on the back, independence now!

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="im spartacus"]i just watched some bloke from the solomon islands get lapped twice in the 5000 meters i know it''s all about taking part but he couldn''t beat my mum in the race for life [:D][/quote]5000 metersblimey, is he the gas man or something ?

[/quote][:D] 

Come on guys ! The Commonwealth Games are great for all those taking part in a couple of years these same athletes will have an experience of a a championship, which will bode well for the Olympics, and the best thing about it is that everyone speaks English !True some events are of a low standard, but others are world class. 

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Come on guys ! The Commonwealth Games are great for all those taking part in a couple of years these same athletes will have an experience of a a championship, which will bode well for the Olympics, and the best thing about it is that everyone speaks English !True some events are of a low standard, but others are world class.  [/quote]apart fronm the hosts

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"]Just can''t get interested in it all, I have been watching the darts.[/quote]isn''t that included at the games ? [:D][/quote]I don''t know, I haven''t been watching it[;)]