Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Under 21's Today

The U21''s played Swansea this morning and the final score was 1 - 1.

TBH Swnasea probably deserved a first half lead, based on possession, however they went in at 0 - 0.

Whilst our boys played well enough the Swans looked a very decent outfit and as one would perhaps expect passed the ball around well.

The second however half was a different proposition and NCFC were in the ascendency, which paid off with the openning goal, and well worked it was.

Swansea However were not to be outdone and equalised with about 15 mins to go and the game ended 1 - 1.

Perhaps more importantly was the performance of two of our first team squad, Jacob Murphy and Adel Gafaiti. Jacob worked hard and showed glimpses of skill, enough for the writer to say he is definitely one to watch. Gafaiti was very solid and showed the aggression and tenacity he will need for 1st Team performances. IMO he has progressed well and is definitely worth his chance at some stage this season.

I expect both of these lads to be making their mark this season and whilst they may go on loan, I certainly expect them to be part of our future.

Some of the other youngsters impressed too, we have a healthy future based on what I saw today.

Nice one Ray. Who are the other youngsters that seem likely to progress, or at least impressed you so far?

Quite good alound tbh, however Carlton and Michee caught my eye.

There were some players missing, who I would have liked to have seen play, Cam McGeehan being one in paricular.

The futre looks bright IMO.

[quote user="Ray"]Quite good alound tbh, however Carlton and Michee caught my eye.

There were some players missing, who I would have liked to have seen play, Cam McGeehan being one in paricular.

The futre looks bright IMO.[/quote]McGeehan was my stand-out player in the U18 cup run Ray and had a very successful loan at Luton. Do you see him being involved with the first team this year or would it be better to send him out on loan again, this time to a League One side?

It does indeedbeing in the Championship will alllow these lads to step up that much earlierI would expect those on the fringe might go out on loan to a League 1 club for a month/ 3months to get some league experience, rather than be sat on the benchthen ready for when the injuries/suspensions begin to kick in November onward

ps I think supporters will only begin to see the full fruits of the youth set up a couple or more seasons down the line

lappinitup,

A difficult one, certainly a player with a future and a level headed lad, that said I think, transfers out apart, our midfield is too strong for him to break through this year so a loan to a League 1 side may be the best way forward. Again another lad our Academy has brought through, before we know it we will have a team that cost us bu66er all!! Some of which in the fullness of time will no doubt be sold on for x £millions, more than justifying our (yours and mine) investment in the Academy, and congrats to Ricky and all the other coaches and staff involved for that.

Off tack slightly but I saw another young lad this week on trial from Spain, aged 14, a number 10. Looked good although played the Spanish way as opposed to the British way (I''m not saying which is right or wrong) but looks a prospect. At the moment I will not give his name as he is only 14 and not yet signed so I feel it is innapropiate to do so but how pleasing is it to see we are scouting and attracting quality players.

And before anyone goes in to one, the vast majority of our youngsters, 12 - 21 and British.

Ray, did you get any exclusives about how the players are feeling, transfer rumours or general indiscreet comments that you picked up that you would like to keep to yourself and not share with any one. In the hope that people will think you are in the know?

[quote user="Ray"]Off tack slightly but I saw another young lad this week on trial from Spain, aged 14, a number 10. Looked good although played the Spanish way as opposed to the British way (I''m not saying which is right or wrong) but looks a prospect. At the moment I will not give his name as he is only 14 and not yet signed so I feel it is innapropiate to do so but how pleasing is it to see we are scouting and attracting quality players.

And before anyone goes in to one, the vast majority of our youngsters, 12 - 21 and British.[/quote]I think that is how it is going to work nowyouth players will move around far more than beforea number of our promising youths were signed from other clubs... as  ''rejects'' from Chelsea or stepping up as with the young keeper from Lutonas you dsay this requires a very diligent and effective scouting system - and the set up (Colney) to attract youngstersSouthampton have shown how it can be done, and there is every indication that we are already quite a way down that route

Thanks for your report Ray, it''s good to hear how the lad are doing and a report like this fits the bill. Who is running the team? Cheers.

Possibly, but none I want to share with the likes of you.

Why do you feel the need to butt in where your comments are not needed, wanted, required or appreciated.

One day Waveney you may be in for a shock, one day!

Slightly related, I had a look on TWTD earlier (Yeah I know, binner) and someone had started a thread about a young prospect Ipswich have acquired, allegedly a 10 year old Aussie equivalent of Gareth Bale. Most of the people on the thread were of the opinion that he''ll only get swiped by a club with Cat 1 academy status.Lol[:)]

Jenkins,

Gerry Gill and Paul Nevin were running the team today, although the position of U21 coach is till open I believe.

Maybe a job for Waveney. LOL

im spartacus,

Wouldn''t know him if I saw him, in fact has anyone ever seen him!

Thanks Ray, bit of hole there now that Neil and Ricky have moved up the ladder, great opportunity however.

Perhaps they should advertise the positions on here, we have a lot of resident experts.

Jenkins,

Don''t we just!

Small correction, it was Robson who was U21 coach last season, but still the same issue as he has moved up to the 1st Team management team.

CJRV 2014,

I guess they wil be once the season proper starts.

Least I hope so.

Would love to do the job Ray maybe you can put a word in for me next time you have one of your fictitious discussions with those in the know at the club🙊🙊🙊🙊😆😆😆😜😜😜😜

CJRV 2014,

Bunn, first half did as well as you would expect, some good saves. Becchio trained this afternnon with the 1st team and Bassong has a slight injury.

However if Waveney is to be belived all I have just written is cr*p.

[quote user="Ray"]CJRV 2014,

Bunn, first half did as well as you would expect, some good saves. Becchio trained this afternnon with the 1st team and Bassong has a slight injury.

However if Waveney is to be belived all I have just written is cr*p.[/quote]Becchio for a cameo "shop window" appearance tomorrow night?

Waveney,

I''m sure you appreciated I was taking the Michael when I suggested you may be the person for the job, however just to drive home the point, from what I have read from you, you have neither the intellect, the communication skills nor the mental capacity to fulfill such a role, my opinion only of course. You are unable to debate coherently, which is a shame for all of us, including you, because all of our lives may just be a little richer if you could.

As I have said previously Waveney, you have no idea who I am, what I do or who for, and who says I have discussions, just maybe, just maybe I don''t need to have discussions.

It takes a wise man to learn from a wise man Waveney!

Morty,

Possibly if Lafferty, Grabban and RVW are still recovering as it only leaves Loza and him up front and Loza didn''t feature today,