Sign in to follow this  
bus

Your team selection from current squad.

If City keep all their players, what would your team be and who would you leave out of the 18?

I''d go for....

Ruddy

whittaker Martin R.bennett Olsson

Tettey

howson Surman

hoolahan

Lafferty Hooper

subs: Rudd, Turner, Fer, E. Bennett, Redmond, Josh Murphy, Grabban.

Miss out: Garrido, Johnson, Pilkington, Jacob Murphy, RVW, Loza, bassong, bunn, gafati, becchio.

Harsh on garrido, RVW and Johnson not to be in the 18. I think Johnson will be an impoirtant player for us this year even though he''s not in my 18. Actually I rate Fer as better than Howson but perhaps better balance with Howson in a diamond. Also I rate Turner better than R.Bennett but this season I think Bennett needs a chance to cement his place.

I want to see how other fans would want to start the team....

If I were to play with wingers I''d go for......

Ruddy

whittaker Martin R.bennett Olsson

Howson Fer

Redmond Hoolahan Josh Murphy

Hooper.

subs: rudd, turner, tettey, surman, e.bennett, grabban, lafferty.

Maybe swap grabban for josh murphy but I don''t know if he can play wide or only central. It looks a pretty strong squad for the championship anyway.

There''s not much to rate them on since the dead weight that was CH has been unshackelled.

It will be interesting to see who finally blossoms but way too early to call it right now.

All academic, but I would go for (if all 100% fit)

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Ollson

Johnson Howson

E. Bennett Fer Redmond

Grabban

I would let Howson and Fer switch roles every now and again during the game to mix it up a bit. Murphy, Loza and Lafferty would also be the go to subs if we need a goal and would all be pushing for the striker or wing roles anyway.

Who knows.    Given our relative lack of depth in defence and strength further forward why not try 3-2-3-2,  with the wide one dropping back

Ruddy

Martin  Turner     Olsson       

Tettey   Fer

Redmond    Hoolahan     Pilkington

Lafferty  RvW

4-3-3

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson

Johnson Tettey Howson

Redmond Hooper Grabban

Rudd

R.Bennett

Hoolahan

E.Bennett

Pilkington

Lafferty

Wolfswinkel

Fer would obviously be in my team, but i just cant see no-one coming in for him. Southampton or QPR i think will stump up the cash for him before the end of august.

At the moment I would struggle to pick, squad is very good, especially in midfield and upfront. What I would say is that we have the squad providing they all stay to play several different systems, 442, 442 diamond, 433 or 352 would all be decent and they should help us change games if employed at the right time, hope Adams taps into that!!!!

Fer is an obvious starter if he is here and 100%. Also if everyone is 100%, in mind and body, then Bassong is another obvious starter!

I would start with our best midfield three of Tettey, Fer and Howson.Defence pretty much picks itself with Martin, Olsson, Bennet and Turner, and Ruddy obviously.The other three really is dependant on form, which we can''t gauge yet, you have to assume Lafferty is going to play a big part. So in the spirit of the thread, Redmond, Lafferty and RvW complete my team.

Barring injuries, suspension, lack of form the back 5 will obviously be Ruddy, Whittaker, Martin, Turner, Olsson. But the other 6 players will be anyones guess. Adams got a tough job getting them in. Johnson, Tettey, Howson, Surman, Hoolahan, Pilkington, E.Bennett, Redmond, Grabban, Lafferty, Wolfswinkel, Hooper.

Thats including Fer, Becchio, Jacob Murphy, Josh Murphy, Loza.

Barring 1 or 2 defenders we surely must have the strongest squad in the championship. I know i cant wait for next sunday.

I would away favour Garrido ahead of Olsson.

[quote user="Wiz"]I would away favour Garrido ahead of Olsson.[/quote]Whats your full team then Wiz?

IMO there isn''t any single team this year. I think we''ll see a lot of variation of formations to keep the opposition guessing: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, and the diamond as well with Wes back in the fold. Wes will play in the diamond and at times the 4-2-3-1, and possibly in the 4-3-3 as well, but not in a 4-4-2. It''ll also depend on who stays, obviously.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]I would away favour Garrido ahead of Olsson.[/quote]

Whats your full team then Wiz?
[/quote]

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Garrido

Johnson Tetty Howson

Bennet Hooper Grabban

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]IMO there isn''t any single team this year. I think we''ll see a lot of variation of formations to keep the opposition guessing: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, and the diamond as well with Wes back in the fold. Wes will play in the diamond and at times the 4-2-3-1, and possibly in the 4-3-3 as well, but not in a 4-4-2. It''ll also depend on who stays, obviously.[/quote]

Sort of what I said?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]I would away favour Garrido ahead of Olsson.[/quote]

Whats your full team then Wiz?
[/quote]

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Garrido

Johnson Tetty Howson

Bennet Hooper Grabban

[/quote]

PS. I expect Fer and Wolfi to go.

Well done for expressing an opinion, rather than just picking holes in someone elses, or Huzzahing[;)]

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]No Redmond or Olsson !!!!!! Thank christ your not the manager !!![/quote]

Garrido and Benno imo are better crossers of a ball and Redmond would be a match winner against tiring legs when used as a sub.

interesting to see other''s line ups. Surprises me that no one chooses Surman and not many would pick hoolahan, who is probably the first player I''d pick although he''s gonna have to sit on the bench a few times too, depending on the formation for different games.

on paper the squad looks strong although I remember thinking that last year......I''d love the transfer widow to shut now and go with what we''ve got.....but I''m guessing we''ll lose Fer and perhaps Redmond before the window closes. Hope not.

of the other people''s line ups I think crjv and morty''s are good but not sure who plays wide in the latter''s front 3, Redmond and....

NA will probably never get a better chance of success and becoming a hero with the players he''s got, fingers crossed for him...........looking forwards to the wolves game

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson

Tettey

Howson             Fer

Redmond

RvW           Lafferty

4-4-2 diamond - Lafferty to drop deep to collect the ball and Redmond to run beyond, or to move out onto the wings to provide overloads. If Fer leaves (which is 99% likely) the Surman to replace him. (Johnson sent to League 1 where his particular skills set is best suited).

Really need another centre back, not sure Martin or Bennett really good enough for a team looking for promotion - think Norwich will leak a lot of goals with the current defence.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

If Fer leaves (which is 99% likely) the Surman to replace him.

(Johnson sent to League 1 where his particular skills set is best suited).

Really need another centre back, not sure Martin or Bennett really good enough for a team looking for promotion - think Norwich will leak a lot of goals with the current defence.

[/quote]

Couldnt agree more with these comments,   although can see a place for BJ as cover for tettey when he gets his inevitable injury,  but just by him being here means the temptation to play him...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

If Fer leaves (which is 99% likely) the Surman to replace him.

(Johnson sent to League 1 where his particular skills set is best suited).

[/quote]

Couldnt agree more with these comments,   although can see a place for BJ as cover for tettey when he gets his inevitable injury,  but just by him being here means the temptation to play him...

[/quote]

I''d rather Johnson played were Fer is in my formation than where Tettey is - as a defensive midfielder Johnson is just a hazard. He is constantly dribbled past, misplaces passes (which is a dangerous thing in your own third) and is regularly robbed of the ball.

Just watching the highlights against the Bastia game you see the first three chances the French club have are due to Johnson mistakes - liability isn''t the word for him - disaster is closer.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Just watching the highlights against the Bastia game you see the first three chances the French club have are due to Johnson mistakes - liability isn''t the word for him - disaster is closer.

[/quote]

I did see that,  and his weak head in their melee for the goal,  but decided against another bout of BJ bashing,  not really sure why.   

Defensive options are not great but he is a liability back there,  rarely tackles,  his enthusiasm is infectious but it means he is out of position too frequently.  And played up the pitch we have far too many better options than him

He should be better down a league;   shouldnt he?

In my opinion, based on what I''ve seen of Bradley Johnson before he joined Norwich, don''t expect much improvement. He wasn''t always good enough to make his position in the Leeds side a sure thing. He''ll still get caught out and his passing will still be a let down.

We just might not get punished for it as much as we did in the Prem.

I''ll work on the basis that Fer wont be here (which, conveniently enough, makes it a bit easier).

Ruddy

Marttaker* Bennett Turner Olsson

Redmond Howson Tettey Surman Pilkington

Lafferty

*Martin and Whittaker can swap at right back just depending on whoever is having a better hair day or what the weather is like. Nowt to pick between them.

I''ve also included the good Anthony Pilkington. I''ve sold the inconsistent and sometimes injured Pilkington to Liverpool for £20m.

----------------------Ruddy----------------------

--------Martin----Bassong----Olsson-------

Bennett-----Howson----Fer-----Pilkington

-------------Redmond---Grabban------------

----------------------Hooper---------------------

Quite like the look of that against a weaker team. Against a more physical team, we could go for:

-------------------Ruddy-------------------

Martin---Bennett----Turner----Olsson

Redmond-------Tettey-------Pilkington

-------------Howson----Fer---------------

-------------------Hooper-------------------

I don''t really think we can pick too much of a bad team. It will be interesting to see how Ricky and Lafferty get on this season as well, but whats good about this team is that we could start with a traditional 4 at the back, and with a few changes we can totally change the formation but still keep a high(er) level of quality on the pitch. We''re very versatile unlike most other clubs. (I see Rodallega now says he expects to leave Fulham for example). We''ve got the squad at the moment, have we got the manager? (thats not a dig because none of us know). It looks like (early stages) that he wants to play the diamond....we''ll see.