Sign in to follow this  
Bill

ghosts from the past (former players)

looks like we could be meeting up with a few ex canaries this seasonmaybe enough to make up a team

MarshallCroftsAyalaWardWhitbreadTierneyAdeyemiBarnettLansburyButterfieldJacksonVaughanKamaraMorisonHoltMartinprobable a few more and you might argue whether loanes can be called canaries - maybe used as subsbut not a bad team out of that lotbest X1 ?

I baulked at Butterfield thinking that that can''t be right as  he wouldn''t still be playing ..... then I remembered it was Ian Butterworth.

I had to use Wiki, "Butterfield .. Norwich City" to remind me of the virtually anonymous Jacob Butterfield, probably the best ''Norwich City player to never play for the Club.''

One of the first signings under Hughton, but touted under Lambert, Jacob Butterfield came with a big reputation but also with a serious injury. I believe that he was quite expensive too.

We were never to see this reputation realised at Carrow Road, although he seems to be making a fair crack of it at Boro.

However, it shows the strength of our current squad as there were high hopes amongst us of him once, but I wouldn''t really want him back nowadays ... by some long way. 

It''s hard to pick any of those really, al though some have mentioned Lansbury recently.

Marshall Tierney  Ayala  Whitbread  CroftsVaughan Adeyemi  Lansbury JacksonHolt Martin

subs Butterfield Barnett Kamara Camp Morison Ward

current squad would beat them

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I see that Adeyemi has been named vice captain at Birmingham[/quote]Nice to see him doing well. I genuinely thought we''d keep him.

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 25/07/2014 6:05 PM:

I see that Adeyemi has been named vice captain at Birmingham

He`d be back here like a shot given half a chance.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]I see that Adeyemi has been named vice captain at Birmingham[/quote]Nice to see him doing well. I genuinely thought we''d keep him.[/quote]I think we probably would have under Lambert, and certainly Adams. Remember thinking that he and Korey Smith would make a decent central midfield pairing one day. Korey has just joined  a decent Bristol City side, where he''ll play alongside Wilbraham.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]I see that Adeyemi has been named vice captain at Birmingham[/quote]Nice to see him doing well. I genuinely thought we''d keep him.[/quote]as did i.... he might end up as the one that got away...

hopefully all will get a warm welcomepart of a very successful and enjoyable period in the club''s historyLansbury''s through ball for Holt to stick it past the binners, and Jackson sticking one in at poorman roadHolt and Martin''s goalsbut I suspect it will be a case of a few wanting to prove something .... Vaughan, Butterfield, Adeyami

Never really saw Butterfield play so couldn''t say if he was any good or not.Tough on Adeyemi but need a right back and couldn''t find one - whatever happened to Korey Smith?This team is too narrow and would get slaughtered, but I don''t have much width in the selectable squad.

MarshallAdeyemi      Whitbread     Barnett     Tierney                              Crofts                   Lansbury     Butterfield                              Martin                     Holt           Vaughan

Also nice to see Jason Shackell and Matt Gilks in the Premier League, though I suspect it might be for the one season.

Korey Smith is at Bristol City, signed a 3 year deal in Junemaybe bring in Jackson and push him wide

Ward should be in defence. A very underrated part of our promotion to the Prem.

question is, how many of them would you like back?

Chrissy Martin, for me is the only one.

I might have another look at Butterfield in the Championship, didn''t really get a chance with us first time round (possibly for a good reason, I don''t know) but we still lack a goalscoring midfielder. He could however be a poor man''s Howson.Barnett also a good CB option in the Champs if we wanted R Martin at right back rather than Centre Back.

will have to see who are''the ones that got away''noticable that none moved onto the PL so maybe we were right to release them

paul lambert got a heck of a lot out of some decent but fairly average players... it hasn''t really happened for any of them since they left and they have found there level again... hasn''t really happened for lambert either naybe just one of those right place right time scenarios for all involved [:D]

[quote user="im spartacus"]paul lambert got a heck of a lot out of some decent but fairly average players... it hasn''t really happened for any of them since they left and they have found there level again... hasn''t really happened for lambert either naybe just one of those right place right time scenarios for all involved [:D][/quote]I think it was pretty much exactly that.

[quote user="im spartacus"]paul lambert got a heck of a lot out of some decent but fairly average players... it hasn''t really happened for any of them since they left and they have found there level again... hasn''t really happened for lambert either naybe just one of those right place right time scenarios for all involved [:D][/quote]Tudor Jones GillNelsonAskouLappinMacNameeRussell

how did we do it !

How we got 2nd with that team was unbelievable really. I guess we just had great team spirit, attacking all guns blazing tactics and grant holt with jackson (without his goals at the end of the season we wouldn''t be where we finished).

-----------fox---------

crofts-----------surman

-------hoolahan--------

redmond---howson---fer----pilkington

[quote user="mrs miggins"]How we got 2nd with that team was unbelievable really. I guess we just had great team spirit, attacking all guns blazing tactics and grant holt with jackson (without his goals at the end of the season we wouldn''t be where we finished).

-----------fox---------

crofts-----------surman

-------hoolahan--------

redmond---howson---fer----pilkington[/quote]and folk are squeaking about it being ooh so terribly difficult in the Championshipwe will struggle to avoid relegationAdams has no experience and has only seen a football pitch from the commentary box