Sign in to follow this  
morty

OGC Nice

Anyone know much about them?Read the Wiki page and theres not really much there.Do we expect to beat them?

They aren''t all that, scrapped survival in Ligue 1 last season. Only player of note is Dario Cvitanich who plays up front.

Norwich should beat them fairly easily.

Bastia, who Norwich play on Friday are a considerably better French team.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]They aren''t all that, scrapped survival in Ligue 1 last season. Only player of note is Dario Cvitanich who plays up front.

Bastia, who Norwich play on Friday are a considerably better French team.[/quote]Cheers[Y]

[quote user="Dibble"]This place is becoming seriously dire.[/quote]Do you think you are part of the solution, or part of the problem?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]They aren''t all that, scrapped survival in Ligue 1 last season. Only player of note is Dario Cvitanich who plays up front.

Bastia, who Norwich play on Friday are a considerably better French team.[/quote]

Disagree with that. Yes, Nice did finish just outside the relegation places last season but they were only 7 points behind Bastia. I watched Nice a few times last season and they looked ok, especially at home. They have some good midfielders, and the striker you mention, and I see they only lost 2-1 to PSG in a recent friendly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="InchY Van Dogs Dangly."]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=OGC+Nice[/quote]

Yes, I did that, smart ar$e.

I was looking for opinion from the posters here that follow continental football.

Cheers for contributing though[Y]
[/quote]

You''re welcome.[:P]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="morty"]Preview for tonight here.

Highlights, no Ricky, Lafferty, Tettey or Hooper.

Grabben fit.
[/quote]

And no Howson for either of the remaining friendlies.

[/quote]

John Ruddy (GK), Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Russell Martin (c), Michael Turner, Lewis Grabban, Anthony Pilkington, Wes Hoolahan, Jamar Loza, Elliott Bennett, Javier Garrido, Josh Murphy, Nathan Redmond, Ryan Bennett, Jacob Murphy, Declan Rudd (GK), Andrew Surman, Kyle Callan-McFadden*, Reece Hall-Johnson, Carlton Morris

There is the squad - no Olsson again either...

[quote user="bloodwagon"]There seem to be a lot of youth in the squad ???[/quote]To be fair though, all the senior pros have had gametime while away on tour, so I''d suspect its just bringing the youth up to a similar level.I''m sure that won''t stop immediate conspiracy theories of the mass exodus though lol.[;)]

If Olsson were to leave (thoughts of which are prompted by his unexplained omission) then Garrido would probably be first choice LB, but who would cover, seeing as we allowed Ben Wyatt to leave and Bassong is out in the cold. Do we have anyone else who would realistically play there? Martin didnt look comfortable there, Whittaker is set to be first choice RB. We surely couldnt sell him and not sign a replacement - but would we replace Olsson or Garrido''s back up role (and let Garrido retake his place)

Or maybe he isn''t leaving? And theres a perfectly innocent reason for his omission?

it could be that olsson, having chosen to postpone his op this summer, is simply having his still injured, if playable, shoulder protected ready for competitive games.

but it does seem odd that he has not featured in either of the last two games,   even as sub, as match fitness will need regaining.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Agreed this doesnt signify that he''s leaving, and I hope so much he will stay, POTS for me by a Norfolk mile, but you must admit if he were to leave it poses some questions about left back?[/quote]Whenever anything like this happens, I remember the following :-No player leaves unless we want him to.No player leaves for less than our valuation of him, which doesn''t just mean actual cash value, but the value of him to our promotion bid.If any player leaves, we will have a replacement already scouted, if we don''t I would want to know why.He hasn''t left yet.