Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

best thing about this site ?

on a positive note what is the best thing about this message board ?for me it is a one stop hub of information... you can find most things on this message board be it true or false as whenever there is a rumour on the internet somebody will always post it on here [:D]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Unlike many sites on the internet, the threads here stay on topic and never descend into petty name calling and abuse.

[/quote]
c o c k 

And when threads do deteriorate, the moderators are swift to punish the guilty and often hand out temporary or permanent bans to repeat offenders which keeps the place in line.

Lets face it, they should re-name this site "canary call 24"

The anger, myself included, that can surface over nothing of any importance whatsoever.

Match reports from Ricardo, updates from people with genuine info to share (like Ray), frequently interesting debate (if you edit out the posts that degenerate into schoolyard name-calling) and an often ignored sense of community from the vast majority of posters (like sharing links, updating us about info on various social media, generally being a useful hub of info).

It''s fun to follow a debate and maybe jump in when there is clever banter involved, be it sarcasm, jocular insults, topical humour, puns or whatever.

It''s best when the disagreeing humourist includes details on what he disagrees with (as opposed to calling someone a body part you barely have, and then failing to add substance to the insult).

The fact we have our own vigilante cop taking on the bad guys.

"I know what you''re thinking, punk. Did I write six endless paragraphs of nonsensical drivel, or only five?"...

I like the fact that posters only come here to chat football. Threads don''t constantly dissolve into petty squabbles and endless one-upmanship.

The posters on here are a generally a lovely bunch of people especially that MTV fella. If you''re nice enough to Morty he''ll even invite you for a pint.

The IP and account tracking are second to none. Posters are only allowed one account so you get none of multiple account crap that you get on other sites.

The posters on here are really knowledgeable too. I think many of them have been managers and held high positions in clubs before because they really seem to know what they are talking about. We''ve even got a poster who use to be a professional scout and a couple who work in the building planning and construction industry so their contributions are really useful when the hotel debate rolls around every couple of months.

The posters here don''t discriminate against you if you live outside the ring road. Everybody is seen as a passionate fan regardless of whether they attend every game, just a few a season or even if you are just a super member!.

[quote user="Brightside"]I like the fact that posters only come here to chat football. Threads don''t constantly dissolve into petty squabbles and endless one-upmanship.

The posters on here are a generally a lovely bunch of people especially that MTV fella. If you''re nice enough to Morty he''ll even invite you for a pint.

The IP and account tracking are second to none. Posters are only allowed one account so you get none of multiple account crap that you get on other sites.

The posters on here are really knowledgeable too. I think many of them have been managers and held high positions in clubs before because they really seem to know what they are talking about. We''ve even got a poster who use to be a professional scout and a couple who work in the building planning and construction industry so their contributions are really useful when the hotel debate rolls around every couple of months.

The posters here don''t discriminate against you if you live outside the ring road. Everybody is seen as a passionate fan regardless of whether they attend every game, just a few a season or even if you are just a super member!.[/quote]

^^^This. Plus I like the clever use of the asterisk on this board to hide the swearing so that the board looks clean and means isn''t a hint of swearing or unclean thinking anywhere, especially on bor bor posts.  

I like the trolls too. And it really winds them up when pretty much everyone completely ignores anything they post.[:)]

NWC''s last 2 comments = SCOREBOARD!

now try again morty. I can''t wait to see another accurate yet hilarious response from NWC.

You can''t spell Norwich without NorWiCh.

The facetious responses to genuine questions.

And...it gives me something entertaining to read on my lunch break.

Match reports (especially Ricardo''s) and the ancient forum software that helps remind me of what the internet used to be like back in 1997.