A world cup goal scorer with 3 years left on his contract. If he does go I hope we get a sensible amount for him - nothing less than 10m and none of this swap for a nobody from QPR rubbish too.

I would however like to see him stay however if he has ambitions of playing in the top flight then fair play to him. He''s just got married in Norwich which seems to suggest that he like the place.

Yes say that this morning.

Well if he want to go let him, but make em pay top wack like they''ve done.

I agree getting married in norwich does suggest him and hs new wife like the area, so maybe he is more settled than we think or are lead to beleive.

I hope so, cos once he settles fully and gets more consistency he will be one hell of a player.

Would be a great move for him, but we are in a position where we can sell for a price that we are happy with.

I''d be happy if we pushed for £11m plus. Whether he is worth that is another question all together but he ticks the boxes of being young and with plenty of time to run on his deal, not to mention the world cup goal.

If he goes to Southampton then we need to be asking £15 million+. They are flush with cash and we don''t have to sell.

If he has to go I hope its for a big wad of the reddies, 8-9 million sounds right to me.[:P]

[quote user="First Wizard"]If he has to go I hope its for a big wad of the reddies, 8-9 million sounds right to me.[:P][/quote]What happened to you saying you were leaving last night then lol?

He will be gone by the end of this window

£8 million I reckon with add ons if he moves on again

Had a season of one great half then got hughtonized then became pants

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]If he has to go I hope its for a big wad of the reddies, 8-9 million sounds right to me.[:P][/quote]

What happened to you saying you were leaving last night then lol?
[/quote]

I did leave.........for the night.............that was clearly stated.

And morty, I''m more than happy to talk football with you but anything else please leave me out.

Cheers.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]If he has to go I hope its for a big wad of the reddies, 8-9 million sounds right to me.[:P][/quote]What happened to you saying you were leaving last night then lol?[/quote]

I did leave.........for the night.............that was clearly stated.

And morty, I''m more than happy to talk football with you but anything else please leave me out.

Cheers.

[/quote]Lol, great to, ahem, have you back.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/bullshit_zps259c47cb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/bullshit_zps259c47cb.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="whoareyou"]If he goes to Southampton then we need to be asking £15 million+. They are flush with cash and we don''t have to sell.[/quote]This. Hopefully then they''ll look elsewhere and keep their mitts off him. If he says he wants to go, though, we''ll probably get a better deal from Southampton than we would from any other potential suitors, as they''re desperate to get some quality back in their squad after selling £100m worth of talent over the summer.

Getting married in Norwich does not guarantee he will stay at the football club! I mean, it''s not the same commitment level as a player booking a block of swimming lessons for his children is it?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Getting married in Norwich does not guarantee he will stay at the football club! I mean, it''s not the same commitment level as a player booking a block of swimming lessons for his children is it?

[/quote]I really wish I could remember who touted that as a reason that Snoddy was staying lol!

I would love this to be the one where we stand firm for silly money (being in excess of £10m he has to be worth more than mccormack ffs);   he is one who will definitely improve for his second season here and should dominate this league and together with redmond should provide the platform for an excellent season.    We simply have no other player of his talent in our squad.

I cant see him staying though and Southampton would be a good fit for him,  regular prem football to keep in the dutch national teams eye.

[quote user="Wiz"]If he has to go I hope its for a big wad of the reddies, 8-9 million sounds right to me.[:P][/quote]

More money for the cook to pocket hey Wiz ? [;)]

What we also have to take into account is that is probably a lazy journalist putting 2 and 2 together!!!.

Fer has still got 3yrs on his contract, he hasn''t made noises that he wants to leave, so as stated we can sit back and let it play out!!.

The sale of snodgrass has given us the financial buffer to be able to dictate the price and conditions of the transfer fee, so if the saints do come calling I would expect the board to say no thank you, unless you have £15 mill + in your sky rocket then we will chat!!.

I agree with Zipper''s "I cant see him staying though and Southampton would be a good fit for him, regular prem football to keep in the dutch national teams eye."

Koeman being Dutch is the other telling factor.

[quote user="Angry man"]What we also have to take into account is that is probably a lazy journalist putting 2 and 2 together!!!.

Fer has still got 3yrs on his contract, he hasn''t made noises that he wants to leave, so as stated we can sit back and let it play out!!.

The sale of snodgrass has given us the financial buffer to be able to dictate the price and conditions of the transfer fee, so if the saints do come calling I would expect the board to say no thank you, unless you have £15 mill + in your sky rocket then we will chat!!.[/quote]Agree.However I suspect we have already spent the Snodgrass money on our new strikers.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Angry man"]What we also have to take into account is that is probably a lazy journalist putting 2 and 2 together!!!.

The sale of snodgrass has given us the financial buffer to be able to dictate the price and conditions of the transfer fee, so if the saints do come calling I would expect the board to say no thank you, unless you have £15 mill + in your sky rocket then we will chat!!.[/quote]Agree.However I suspect we have already spent the Snodgrass money on our new strikers.[/quote]

Who knows, but I also doubt that there will be any more new players coming in now!!

Yeah i''d say so too but Snoddy didn''t need replacing as Bennett will be his replacement with the murphys also pushing. We have no need for another winger. Lafferty looks like he''ll replace snoddy as the set piece taker.

As for Fer. He stated that everything had been focussed on his wedding and that things will become clearer in the next few weeks. That sounds like he''ll likely have a choice of offers to think about. Hopefully none are good enough and we get to see what he does in the championship.

Yelloow Since 72 wrote the following post at 28/07/2014 5:29 PM:

IMO, there will be a new player for every one that leaves. Adams and McNally have both said as much.

Well I hope this isn''t the case as I still believe we are short of a good central defender.

Unless Adams still believes Bassong will get his head out of his arse!

Apparently Koeman and Fer fell out pretty quickly whilst they were at Feynoord, with Fer being sold what is regarded as very cheaply not long after Koeman came in.

Also, central midfield is the one position Southampton don''t need new players - think this is a 2+2 rumour or Fer''s agent being a little naughty and putting Southampton''s name into the mix to prompt teams like QPR (who have just sold a midfielder) to show their hand.

Agree that Lafferty will take the right footed set pieces, but Pilks will probably take the left footed ones.

Sadly, I do think we''ll lose Fer if the right offer comes in and we''ll definitely need a replacement for him if he does.

he is a dutch international ( lucky or not ! ) who played in the world cup / good age I you couldn''t buy any of the other members in the squad for less than 15 mil so that''s the starting price if anyone wants to play ball

"Cantiaci Canary"]Those people envisaging a £10M+ fee will be grossly disappointed.

That''s the beauty of it CC as he''s on a 3yr contract and we don''t need to sell just like Southampton we can ask what we want whether he''s worth it or not!!!.

I myself think he will stay, why ? Well I dont think we will get the money we want  ( long contract, likes it around here, believe in what N.A. is doing )Fits well in the team. OK its not the prem, but knows hes going to be a hit in the Championship, with more time on ball, picking out the passes. I also dont think we will sell anyone else from the team, cept the three B`s (Bunn, Bassong and Becchio )