Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Will RVW be available tomorrow?

Yeah Zipper, i understand what your saying, but i think RVW will be ready to show what he can do.He will be like a new player, remember hes scored two in one game already, so think hes going to build on that.

If RVW is being left out in the cold, or being lined up for a move it''s not apparent on his personal Twitter account. The guy is positive. Refers to Norwich as home and seems to be tweeting positive training stuff. There''s a chance he will be here in my opinion. I can''t see any Prem clubs coming in for him, and his record last season will surely put a lot of clubs off from abroad. Plus the fact he''s on a decent sized contract means he won''t be cheap.

I think there''s now a chance he''ll be in the squad for Wolves.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]If RVW is being left out in the cold, or being lined up for a move it''s not apparent on his personal Twitter account. The guy is positive. Refers to Norwich as home and seems to be tweeting positive training stuff. There''s a chance he will be here in my opinion. I can''t see any Prem clubs coming in for him, and his record last season will surely put a lot of clubs off from abroad. Plus the fact he''s on a decent sized contract means he won''t be cheap.

I think there''s now a chance he''ll be in the squad for Wolves.[/quote]I honestly think he loves it here and no he will not want a transfer, as he has unfinished  business here. So yeah I fully expect him to be in the team for Wolves.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]If RVW is being left out in the cold, or being lined up for a move it''s not apparent on his personal Twitter account. The guy is positive. Refers to Norwich as home and seems to be tweeting positive training stuff. There''s a chance he will be here in my opinion. I can''t see any Prem clubs coming in for him, and his record last season will surely put a lot of clubs off from abroad. Plus the fact he''s on a decent sized contract means he won''t be cheap.

I think there''s now a chance he''ll be in the squad for Wolves.[/quote]Agree with that.And I''m glad that the majority of the common sense fans realise that he does have quality, and deserves a second chance.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Michael Starr"]If RVW is being left out in the cold, or being lined up for a move it''s not apparent on his personal Twitter account. The guy is positive. Refers to Norwich as home and seems to be tweeting positive training stuff. There''s a chance he will be here in my opinion. I can''t see any Prem clubs coming in for him, and his record last season will surely put a lot of clubs off from abroad. Plus the fact he''s on a decent sized contract means he won''t be cheap.

I think there''s now a chance he''ll be in the squad for Wolves.[/quote]Agree with that.And I''m glad that the majority of the common sense fans realise that he does have quality, and deserves a second chance.[/quote]Morty, some people are here just for the football. Not having a go at anyone but I would rather talk football than have a go at someone.Also Michael, I agree with what you say. Shame on all them that wanted him gone after last season, we all know why ALL of our strikers didnt do the job they were expected to do.

most of the pundits expected him to knock in the goals last season even if we struggled

so lets see him prove his worth for us want him to succeed

Ricky comes across as a top lad and I, for one, was disappointed that we bought him and then didn''t play to his strengths. The lad is quality but you''ve got to play to his strengths. I think Neil will do that and I would love to see him have a damn good season. The critics will always find a reason to criticise but I think Ricky will prove his worth this season.

If anyone on here goes, can they post updates about this (RvW) and the game tonight as I''m away this week so cannot get to Carrow Rd? Cheers.

Can''t believe I''m missing pre-season for a week in Munich. Need to sort my priorities out!

I want to see him play 90 minutes in a strong attacking line up just so we can start to work out whether he is a duffer or just a victim of Hughton. I still have no idea, would love him to come good but last season I was clutching at straws sometimes to see the positives for him. I am hoping that like Redmond and Fer we never got to see his best because of Hughton''s tactics and the backroom approach of Caldwerood and Trollope. Shame if he is out but like ZLF I''d rather him fully fit than rushed back early.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]According to the pinkun injury update he is not playing tonight.[/quote]OH bugger.Well im going to get it in the neck now !!!!

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but according to Michael Bailey on twitter RVW''s agent has been making some comments in the Dutch press.

[quote user="Willmeister"]Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but according to Michael Bailey on twitter RVW''s agent has been making some comments in the Dutch press.[/quote]Just saw this.Saying "The Championship is not the stage for Ricky" and not ruling out a loan move (which I was told that was the club''s original intention, a season long loan move)Bit arrogant on the agent''s part, Ricky is a contracted player, frankly not holding many bargaining chips, last season considered.

I''d like to see RVW stay and get some goals next season. I think only an Ipswich fan wouldn''t want him to succeed with us.

This also smacks of an agent taking the law in to his own hands to get a move and earn some commission as all the sounds coming from RVW on twitter are completely contray to this. However he could just be trying to keep the fans onside in case a move doesn''t materialise.

Indeed, if you produced a "heat map" like they do in the press of his touches from last season then he would be a potential solution to global warming. Ricky, sadly, is destined to appear in those regular lists of foreign flops or big wastes of money unless he can do what he should do by proving all the doubters wrong, show it was down to CH tactics, get himself starting regularly and bang in a hatful of goals.

[quote user="Willmeister"]I''d like to see RVW stay and get some goals next season. I think only an Ipswich fan wouldn''t want him to succeed with us. . [/quote]

...and also Norwich fans who love a bit of "I told you so".

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I want to see him play 90 minutes in a strong attacking line up just so we can start to work out whether he is a duffer or just a victim of Hughton. I still have no idea, would love him to come good but last season I was clutching at straws sometimes to see the positives for him. I am hoping that like Redmond and Fer we never got to see his best because of Hughton''s tactics and the backroom approach of Caldwerood and Trollope. Shame if he is out but like ZLF I''d rather him fully fit than rushed back early.[/quote]

Yeah but at least Redmond and Fer still managed to show a bit of quality/potential regardless of Hughton''s tactics.

While the tactics and style might not have done RVW any favours he didn''t do himself many either. As the season wore on he became increasingly anonymous and rarely showed anything to make you think "Hmm, actually, maybe he has got something to offer".

Because really, even if the manager favours dull, defensive football and even if Snodgrass doesn''t want to pass to you or let you take a penalty if you''re any sort of striker you need to have something about you to make your presence known.

Gotta love agents.  Just remember the comments of Hux agent while with us;    

Take all the paper comments with a pinch of salt and dont get too stressed - it may or may not be the players thoughts and what will be will be.