Sign in to follow this  
SplatCat

Derby

Don''t want to be gloomy... but tonight Derby signed George Thorne. For those who don''t know, he was pivotal in the Rams promotion push last year, and is a very good player indeed.

They have also been signing one or two very promising youngsters such as Athletico Madrid''s Ivan Calero and certainly look like a club on the up.

Not strictly NCFC related but interesting and annoying from our point of view to see the excellent behind the scenes work they are doing at Derby!

[quote user="SplatCat"]Don''t want to be gloomy... but tonight Derby signed George Thorne. For those who don''t know, he was pivotal in the Rams promotion push last year, and is a very good player indeed.

They have also been signing one or two very promising youngsters such as Athletico Madrid''s Ivan Calero and certainly look like a club on the up.

Not strictly NCFC related but interesting and annoying from our point of view to see the excellent behind the scenes work they are doing at Derby![/quote]and we are stuck with the likes of Nathan Redmond and a load of youngsters who won the FA Youth Cup some unknown from Bournemouth and another unknown from abroadif we are having foreigners why can''t we have some foreigner who had played in the world cup, or a keeper who has played for england... at any level ?and you are right about our lack of "behind the scenes work" .... well spotted, most would not have noticed what we are doing behind the scenesand well done for finding those long lost login details as well, no wonder you could see what we are doing behind the scenes with that type of astute observation

Now that''s a response City 1st.......my feelings are very similar and the best of luck to Derby.....who if they finish above us will have had a great season!!!!

Classic defensive response from you there City1st! Well done big gun for keeping me in check!

So you''re not allowed to praise another team? Ever? I see.

And yeh you''re right, not posting on this forum very much does totally invalidate my opinion.

My post was solely about Derby.

[quote user="SplatCat"]Classic defensive response from you there City1st! Well done big gun for keeping me in check!

So you''re not allowed to praise another team? Ever? I see.

And yeh you''re right, not posting on this forum very much does totally invalidate my opinion.

My post was solely about Derby.[/quote]

To be fair Your post came across abit like veiled criticism of ours not doing things right, mainly from the last sentence. I guess that wasn''t your intention?I think people are abit tetchy because there seems a lot nit picking criticism on here at the mo.

Did it? Or do people just expect criticism on this board?

Seemed like a reasonable post to me making observations about another team.

"and annoying from our point of view to see the excellent behind the scenes work they are doing at Derby!

"

it is an attack, and not very veiled eitherthere is around six weeks left of the transfer window, we have already brought in two quality players so there must have been ''behind the scenes activity'' this stuff is ongong throughout the year and as said we have another six weeks to see how successful Norwich City have beenthe OP should fool no one, bar the terminally dim

[quote user="Downloads"]Or the terminally stupid like yourself gobshite.[/quote]

errr, the Op didn''t fool methat was the whole point

ps are you from suffolk perhaps, you don''t sound too bright ?

Having read enough of your rubbish I can guarantee I''m brighter than you, but then I suppose that isn''t saying much.

Sounds like they will be up there this season...I firmly believe will should be too. Our present squad is very good. Let''a see what changes between now and Aug 31st.

If we retain this squad then I would think it highly unlikely that we will be outside the top 3.

Really wouldn''t want to see Fer or Redmond go, if we lost a few of the real quality players we have then it might be a struggle for top 6, but as it stands, I think if we get 1 defender in, it will be automatic promotion for us.

[quote user="SplatCat"]Don''t want to be gloomy... but tonight Derby signed George Thorne. For those who don''t know, he was pivotal in the Rams promotion push last year, and is a very good player indeed.

Not strictly NCFC related but interesting and annoying from our point of view to see the excellent behind the scenes work they are doing at Derby![/quote]You should''ve gone with something like this;Like us Derby have signed a player who had a very good championship season last year, they have also added some promising youngsters to thier squad, we haven''t had to buy promising youngsters as we have the guys who won the FA Youth Cup looking to break into the first team this season. Both clubs are looking to assemble a strong squad to ensure that the long Championship season will not see them wanting and with the transfer window still open and then the loan market being available I''m sure both clubs are working very hard behind the scenes to gain promotion.

Be interesting to see you make up the best side of just Norwich & Derby and see how many Derby players get in. Cant think of any to be honest.

So, it''s agreed.

Derby are the greatest team ever. Better than Swansea or even Southampton.

Derby are so good Cody McDonald should be playing for them

And we don''t stand a chance against them

Not a hope in hell.

Derby and forest are very "fashionable" let''s just say.

They have a few alright players but in reality they shouldn''t be a match for us if we play well.

I should think Derby will be top 6 and we should show them respect, but I don''t think they''re as good as us, no.

[quote user="splutcho"]I should think Derby will be top 6 and we should show them respect, but I don''t think they''re as good as us, no.[/quote]I agree.And I would love if we really laid down a marker in the first few games of the season, so sides show us some respect.