Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Surman/RVW

So finished work on Wednesday, to kill the time waiting for my train I popped into Spoons for a swift half. Happened to meet Andrew Surman who was waiting for Simon Lappin (going to cinema to watch 22 Jump Street). I approached him and he was a great guy. Key points from conversation;

* RVW was in talks with a French club last week (all he would say, didn''t say what the outcome was but assume its ongoing)

* All the players love playing for Neil Adams and the way he likes to play - player power might have influenced boards decision to install him full time.

* He''s not sure on his future and is living in a hotel at the moment

* Really liked his time in Bournemouth but really wants to stay at NCFC

Hmm, forgive me for being skeptical, but you met him in a bar for the first time and he told you all this?? Also, why would he be in a hotel, he has a house in Norwich??? And what makes this really unbelievable is that anyone would willingly go to watch this film!!!

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Hmm, forgive me for being skeptical, but you met him in a bar for the first time and he told you all this?? Also, why would he be in a hotel, he has a house in Norwich??? And what makes this really unbelievable is that anyone would willingly go to watch this film!!![/quote]

Many players share a house/flat in the city which is owned by the club. So Surman probably lost his place in his house when he went off to Bournemouth. It sounds very believable that he''s living in a hotel while the club decides whether to keep or sell

I heard Surman let his house last year whilst renting one on the south coast. So could be waiting for leases to expire. So not unreasonable that he is in a hotel atm.

Also RvW not being in the squad for last Saturday''s game may have been indicative that he was in talks with another club. And his inclusion on Tuesday might be an indicator on how they have gone!

Surman was indeed staying in a hotel, he checked out on the 16th. He was there for two weeks and was a really nice bloke, i had a few chats with him and most of what the OP said is right. he never said anything to any of us about RvW though.

The hotel I work at has most of the players stay when they sign for city and are waiting for a home. Surman was a nice man but Yobo was a complete arsehole. The only reason I have never posted about it is because at the time i feared i would lose my job, and now well screw it its only a job

I just don''t really know what to think of all this. I do not want to disbelieve the OP, especially as it mostly makes good reading.

The contradiction for me is that the Club it''s self is always most guarded about any transfer news related to the current players. Obsessively so IMO and sometimes MI5 leeks more as McNally gives nothing away, Adams gives nothing away and the player (in this case RVW) says nothing as well.

YET, a casual meeting in a bar results in another one of our players virtually spilling the beans to a stranger about the possible intentions of another player whose future has been the cause of conjecture amongst us supporters for the last two months at least.

Also, if Andrew Surman is so inclined  to readily divulge such ''classified'' information I wish that he would post on here occasionally.

I find all this "this player told me" rubbish just hilarious. I am pretty certain that all players will have confidentiality clauses in their contracts. They would not even be allowed to tell their nearest and dearest the happenings at the club, let alone a total pillock, oops, stranger.

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Hmm, forgive me for being skeptical, but you met him in a bar for the first time and he told you all this?? Also, why would he be in a hotel, he has a house in Norwich??? And what makes this really unbelievable is that anyone would willingly go to watch this film!!![/quote]

I know for a genuine fact that Andrew sure an is staying in a hotel as I have a family member working there. He says that he is a really nice guy & very happy to spend time having a quick chat, he rented out his gaff in norfolk when he moved to Bournemouth, & is just waiting to see what happens at NCFC

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="NCFCgardener"]Hmm, forgive me for being skeptical, but you met him in a bar for the first time and he told you all this?? Also, why would he be in a hotel, he has a house in Norwich??? And what makes this really unbelievable is that anyone would willingly go to watch this film!!![/quote]

I know for a genuine fact that Andrew sure an is staying in a hotel as I have a family member working there. He says that he is a really nice guy & very happy to spend time having a quick chat, he rented out his gaff in norfolk when he moved to Bournemouth, & is just waiting to see what happens at NCFC[/quote]

That''ll be Andrew Surman why can''t we have an edit button

[quote user="star_manic"]I find all this "this player told me" rubbish just hilarious. I am pretty certain that all players will have confidentiality clauses in their contracts. They would not even be allowed to tell their nearest and dearest the happenings at the club, let alone a total pillock, oops, stranger.[/quote]On the contrary, I have met quite a few players and they are usually pretty open about what they discuss. Most players will probably be pretty unaware of the nitty gritty of transfer dealings anyway. Surman will only know Ricky talked to a club, because Ricky likely mentioned it casually in conversation.And in the opening post, theres hardly any state secrets revealed, is there?

[quote user="star_manic"]I find all this "this player told me" rubbish just hilarious. I am pretty certain that all players will have confidentiality clauses in their contracts. They would not even be allowed to tell their nearest and dearest the happenings at the club, let alone a total pillock, oops, stranger.[/quote]

I''ve met loads of players and managers over the years. They are human like everybody else.. they are always open for a chat and often talk openly about what is happening within the club

I have worked in most of the big hotels in Norfolk for a while now and meet a lot of players and the vast majority are pleasant enough to talk to but as in most aspects of life there are the odd few who really are just dicks. I used to work in a hotel that made us sign a contract so we wouldn''t tell anyone who was staying there, but this current place hasn''t so i''ll let you all hear as and when. (not that anyone will care)

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Surman/RVW

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: Surman/RVW

star_manic wrote the following post at 18/07/2014 3:49 PM:

I find all this "this player told me" rubbish just hilarious. I am pretty certain that all players will have confidentiality clauses in their contracts. They would not even be allowed to tell their nearest and dearest the happenings at the club, let alone a total pillock, oops, stranger.

You dont know or have not spoken to many players then. Having said that Surman aint going to be too happy at being quoted by the OP on here!

this will get the conspiracy theorist going for sure. IMO the Club wouldn''t say he has a minor knee injury if he doesn''t, but that also wouldn''t preclude him from talking to a French team either. the fact that 24 went to Italy instead of 25 makes me believe the minor knee injury though.

HA HA I got sacked this morning from the hotel, F.U Barnham Broom, that''s were he was staying and they have two more people staying there next week, sorry i didn''t get their names. Oh well life goes on plenty of jobs out there time to chill out with my kids for the summer holidays, gutted it wasn''t a month ago then i could have watched all of the world cup.

I''m not surprised you got sacked and if I were your manager I''d have sacked you too. What were you thinking? Especially as your username seems to hint at your name too. Let me guess, Gary?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Especially as your username seems to hint at your name too. Let me guess, Gary?
[/quote]

And, let me guess, you''ve got jet black hair with a white streak? And TB?

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]this will get the conspiracy theorist going for sure. IMO the Club wouldn''t say he has a minor knee injury if he doesn''t,[/quote]

"Dean Ashton''s injured and we have proof".... so he didnt play in the cup against the team that signed him less than 3 days later....

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]City Hotels back Badger Cull......you read it here first.[/quote][:D]

Honestly, I worked in a hospital for a few years here in Bristol, a private one which was used by Bristol City players for physio and medicals. I regularly chatted to most of the players, the likes of David James and one certain Michael Owen had a medical there, yes... he had a medical to join Bristol City 4 years ago when Steve Coppell was appointed (and when James signed)... now... I had to sign a new contract which stated that not only would I immediately lose my job if I discussed anything... ANY-THING with the outside world but I would also be legally libel and open to action.

I am shocked that players can chat to people on the street about what''s happening behind closed doors. I''m pretty sure it''s not allowed.

Looks to me like this guy deserves an appology from the usual suspects that belittle and demean anyone who isn''t a regular poster.

It keeps many away from the board who may also have genuine information they wish to share.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Maybe the KoS could return ;-D[/quote]

He''s still around.

You never know, if Olsson gets sold he could be signed as backup to Garrido.

The OP was the first mention I can remember that RVW was interesting a French team. I was dubious at the time,but it looks like happening.

Personally I''m impressed with the way the team has been playing throughout the pre-season under Adams, Holt and Martin. Hard training, attacking football full of pace and penetration, but that won''t stop the moaners.