Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

The "Hoolahan dilemma" returns....

But if Russ had done the same thing that Hoolahan has been doing, not only on the pitch but attitude wise as well, he would be regarded in the same boat. Its not a personal vendetta against Wes, its just he''s the one being a prik

"All the people that heard him" .lol.

------------------------------------------------

Why is that funny? When did witnesses not count? This country is going to have to start remodelling its legal system.

Without getting into what Hoolahan did or did not say or do last season - i can''t help but become a bit disillusioned with our fan base if they don''t think he should have played more last season?

We were so painfully uncreative for so many games in a row - then Hoolahan / agent went public around that time.

The reality is he wasn''t picked because Hughton had a formation and 95% of the time wanted to stick to it. It wasn''t about favourites in my opinion - it was simply that where Hoolahan was effective, required accommodating him by changing formation.

Now, had we have played well last season, created lots and scored goals - Hoolahan couldn''t complain and neither could the fans. But we all know that wasn''t the case - and the fact he didn''t play more often frustrated me as much as Hoolahan I think.

And he wasn''t fantastic last season, a few good and a few average performances. But people making out he was poor are far from the mark and there were plenty of players worse than him.

[quote user="hogesar"]Without getting into what Hoolahan did or did not say or do last season - i can''t help but become a bit disillusioned with our fan base if they don''t think he should have played more last season?

We were so painfully uncreative for so many games in a row - then Hoolahan / agent went public around that time.

The reality is he wasn''t picked because Hughton had a formation and 95% of the time wanted to stick to it. It wasn''t about favourites in my opinion - it was simply that where Hoolahan was effective, required accommodating him by changing formation.

Now, had we have played well last season, created lots and scored goals - Hoolahan couldn''t complain and neither could the fans. But we all know that wasn''t the case - and the fact he didn''t play more often frustrated me as much as Hoolahan I think.

And he wasn''t fantastic last season, a few good and a few average performances. But people making out he was poor are far from the mark and there were plenty of players worse than him.[/quote]I personally don''t think he was overly poor, or more so than other players. And I haven''t seen may say as such. But we know how difficult he is to fit into a system, and you do need specific players to make the diamond work, and I don''t think we had those players last season, it wasn''t just about Hughton being unwilling to play him.There were all sorts of issues with last season, Wes was neither the biggest one, or was he the answer either.

Although I do think you''re right H, Hoolahan should''ve played more last season, in many ways i''m not surprised that he didn''t based on performance, attitude, and like you (and i said earlier) hughton had to change his system to accommodate him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]This makes Gingerpele''s Bradley Johnson obsession pale into insignificance lol.[/quote]

Perhaps you need to find a new obsession. Your constant trolling on here is not healthy.[/quote]How exactly am I trolling?You are obsessed with Hoolahan lol, its patently obvious.Seriously, no trolling here.

[quote user="hogesar"]Without getting into what Hoolahan did or did not say or do last season - i can''t help but become a bit disillusioned with our fan base if they don''t think he should have played more last season?

And he wasn''t fantastic last season, a few good and a few average performances. But people making out he was poor are far from the mark and there were plenty of players worse than him.[/quote]

In one or two games he was fantastic, Man Utd at home springs to mind, but your right he struggled for consistency.

I completely agree with everything else you''ve said, basically reaffirming my views. I''ve never understood how he can split opinion such. This was never the case with his supporters at Blackpool, or even with ROI now. The vast majority of Irish fans really rate him. Yet us Norwich fans remain divided. Polar opposites in some cases.

I don''t get it.

One of the best performances I personally thought last year was the unlucky home loss to Man U, Wes was at his best that day, and the way we and Utd played was perfect for him.

I think Hughton then pretty much sent the same team out against Palace in the rain and unsurprisingly Wes didn''t do well in that physical environment on a soaked pitch.

He was then dropped...again. It was a shining example of Hughton''s inability to set up a team each week to counter the changing opposition and I felt sorry at the time for Wes as I doubted he''d get another opportunity.

Whatever Wes did or didn''t say no longer really matters. IMO If he is as up for the fight as Adams says and is back to his best, he could and should be a key player for us this season.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]There really isn''t a dilemma at all if he realises he is one player that will be played in the squad, if his fitness and head are right, and the tactics deem his inclusion.[/quote]

He''s always been a team player. He was disillusioned under Hughton. This opinion that he isn''t a team player and the so called "comments" and transfer requests, have all been massively blown out of proportion.

Hoolahan has always been happy to stay here. He loves his football and just wants to play. So long as he''s given a fair crack he''ll not complain. Under Hughton he simply wasn''t. Even then much of what happened was due to his agent and bad advice.

Hoolahan seems to be getting better with age. As pace and power have never been key attributes to his game, I can''t see his ability deteriorating too quickly in the next couple of seasons either.

Along with Surman and Pilkington, I think he''ll flourish again this year.[/quote]

Looks like i was correct. Hoolahan has never wanted to leave. He became completely disillusioned under Hughton.

Great news. Wes and Surman are going to be big players this year.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think when a player says that he doesn''t want to be here and says $hit about the club, it''s going to divide opinion[/quote]Tierney wasn''t too enamoured with usit''s what he does on the pitch that counts

and I am sure he has forgiven and forgot the things ''we'' have said about himtime to look move on and forward to the season, methinks

Exactly. Last season the team was so divided; snodgrass shouting at fans, bassong telling RVW to shut it, dressing room arguments, Becchio and Gutierez tweeting, Wes bad mouthing the club, it was all very nasty in a miserable season. If we are going to be successful this season like we should be, then as a team they''ll have to stick together. With wes (hopefully) signing a new contract, it shows that he is happy to play his part in a norwich city team in the championship and past is past in what was an especially miserable season for him with poor performances, sparse appearances and playing in a very rigid Hughton team.

I think the occasional form is all he has in his poker to be honest, I don''t think we should be creating a team around one player especially wes.

With his "licence to wonder" he creates far to much space for teams to counter and he looses the ball far to often.

I realise I may be in minority but just don''t think he''s the player that we need to be building a team around.