Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Scum only score 1 v Braintree.

One goal only tonight scored by Leroy Lita who was on trial. Now if they see him as the future for 2014/15 bring on 23rd August.

it seems that the paupers were fielding a team of triallistsa sort of football jumble sale where our impoverished neighbours rummage through other club''s discardsno scouting system to identify likely targets, nor money to fund such acquisitions eithermerely the daily lists of freebies sent out by agents that MM pores over hoping to find someone who is cheap enough to fit the few coppers he has been given

http://www0.f1online.de/premid/004077000/4077750.jpg

poor old binners

[quote user="TIL 1010"]One goal only tonight scored by Leroy Lita who was on trial. Now if they see him as the future for 2014/15 bring on 23rd August.[/quote]It was 5 of our development/U21 squad and 6 trialists... Our first team are in action against Colchester tonight - no floods, no cancellations.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Im so glad our days of looking for free crappy foreign trialists are over.[/quote]Indeed, we shop in Waitrose now, while the scum shop in Poundland[:)]

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Im so glad our days of looking for free crappy foreign trialists are over.[/quote]Remember how they hilariously waved tenners at us when Mucus Evans took over?That worked out well, didn''t it?

It was 5 of our development/U21 squad and 6 trialists...

Our first team are in action against Colchester tonight - no floods, no cancellations.

No money, no crowds, plenty of debt - lovely stuff, well done!

Theyve become relevant again now they are playing us again. The footballing world had forgotten all about them since we beat them 5-1 in their own back yard. They couldnt make playoffs last year in a poor championship. The 3 that have come down from the prem, even Wolves, Brentford & Rotherham coming up from league 1 are out spending them. I fear for them (well sort of).

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Theyve become relevant again now they are playing us again. The footballing world had forgotten all about them since we beat them 5-1 in their own back yard. They couldnt make playoffs last year in a poor championship. The 3 that have come down from the prem, even Wolves, Brentford & Rotherham coming up from league 1 are out spending them. I fear for them (well sort of).[/quote]I fear for you with that kind of attitude. Many teams have come down from the Prem all ''high and mighty'' and struggled to adjust. Let''s hope you''re not one of them, eh?

Cant see that tbh. We havent got to sell our best players for peanuts like other championship clubs have to. As we are debt free and getting the biggest ever parachute payments for next 3 years. I mean we got near on £8m for someone with 1 year left on there contract. Can you imagine what we would get for Redmond or Fer. At the end of the day we came down because of what Hughton did, hes gone, we will be revitalised now. We will finish ahead of you wherever we end up.

Ah but we''re probably the first ones to be coming out of the premiership externally debt free and with more money for finishing 18th than Man City got for winning it in 2013.

I think that you are right, we should not have any sort of attitude that we''re going to go out and run away with the league. But we''re a very well run club and one that you are no doubt very jealous of.

Not sure what attitude you are referring to anyway, CJRV 2014 was in no way saying that we are going to do anything this season. He was saying that you have no money and you are being outspent by Rotherham and Brentford, which are both true. Are you really not concerned with direction in which your club continues to head? You seem far more interested in ours!

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Cant see that tbh. We havent got to sell our best players for peanuts like other championship clubs have to. As we are debt free and getting the biggest ever parachute payments for next 3 years. I mean we got near on £8m for someone with 1 year left on there contract. Can you imagine what we would get for Redmond or Fer. At the end of the day we came down because of what Hughton did, hes gone, we will be revitalised now. We will finish ahead of you wherever we end up.[/quote]Lol, revitalised. That''s what Blackburn fans, Reading fans, Wigan fans, Bolton fans all said when they came back down...Redmond won''t fetch much and you''ll probably only make a little bit more than what you paid for Fer given that he largely flattered to deceive in the second half of last season when the going got tough.The Championship takes no prisoners and nor does it care about reputations. We''ll see how you handle it.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="CJRV 2014"]Cant see that tbh. We havent got to sell our best players for peanuts like other championship clubs have to. As we are debt free and getting the biggest ever parachute payments for next 3 years. I mean we got near on £8m for someone with 1 year left on there contract. Can you imagine what we would get for Redmond or Fer. At the end of the day we came down because of what Hughton did, hes gone, we will be revitalised now. We will finish ahead of you wherever we end up.[/quote]Lol, revitalised. That''s what Blackburn fans, Reading fans, Wigan fans, Bolton fans all said when they came back down...Redmond won''t fetch much and you''ll probably only make a little bit more than what you paid for Fer given that he largely flattered to deceive in the second half of last season when the going got tough.The Championship takes no prisoners and nor does it care about reputations. We''ll see how you handle it.[/quote]Bitter much?How many seasons have you been in the Championship now?And lets face it, you ain''t getting out of it this season with a load of dodgy foreign trialists.

He is not saying the Fer and Redmond will fetch much, he is saying that they will only leave if someone matches our valuation. If they come in with silly offers, we will listen to them, as we did with Snodgrass (£8m for a player entering the final year of his contract).

[quote user="Just Dan"]Ah but we''re probably the first ones to be coming out of the premiership externally debt free and with more money for finishing 18th than Man City got for winning it in 2013.

I think that you are right, we should not have any sort of attitude that we''re going to go out and run away with the league. But we''re a very well run club and one that you are no doubt very jealous of.

Not sure what attitude you are referring to anyway, CJRV 2014 was in no way saying that we are going to do anything this season. He was saying that you have no money and you are being outspent by Rotherham and Brentford, which are both true. Are you really not concerned with direction in which your club continues to head? You seem far more interested in ours![/quote]How do you mean? Concerned that my club is abiding within the parameters of FFP? I''m very pleased that the club have taken this approach. We''ve spent far too much money on wasters in the last 5-6 years and it''s got us nowhere. The close-knit group and team spirit we have today is better than any we''ve had in the last 10 years. I''m not saying we''ll pull up any trees but McCarthy is one of the best managers in this division, both as a man-manager and a tactician - that goes a long way.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Just Dan"]Ah but we''re probably the first ones to be coming out of the premiership externally debt free and with more money for finishing 18th than Man City got for winning it in 2013.

Not sure what attitude you are referring to anyway, CJRV 2014 was in no way saying that we are going to do anything this season. He was saying that you have no money and you are being outspent by Rotherham and Brentford, which are both true. Are you really not concerned with direction in which your club continues to head? You seem far more interested in ours![/quote]How do you mean? Concerned that my club is abiding within the parameters of FFP? I''m very pleased that the club have taken this approach. We''ve spent far too much money on wasters in the last 5-6 years and it''s got us nowhere. The close-knit group and team spirit we have today is better than any we''ve had in the last 10 years. I''m not saying we''ll pull up any trees but McCarthy is one of the best managers in this division, both as a man-manager and a tactician - that goes a long way.[/quote]Don''t try and hide behind FFP, to excuse the fact your owner is bleeding your club dry, its just there isn''t much to bleed from it right now.Are the fans playing their part in FFP, by staying away in droves lol?

I for one am terrified of the might of Ipswich town and their world tour of Essex....

Useless football team that people have forgotten existed.

The footballing equivalent of a soda stream given to you at Christmas by your auntie in 1995 that''s currently at the back of the "cr*p cupboard" in the kitchen.

No-one thought it was any good in the first place and it hasnt done anything since but degrade

At the end of the day, we will see how you get on but with Us, cardiff, fulham, reading, n.forest, wigan, derby, bolton, middlesbrough, brighton be interesting to see how ya fare. But with players like frank nouble, paul taylor etc you gonna need some luck. You just sold ya best player, your 2nd best player is still recovering from a serious injury but hey dont panic no doubt super mick has some released Wolves players lined up.

It will be amusing to see how much of the Aaron Cresswell money Mick gets to spend....

Ignoring the fact they are our rivals, I don''t know how anyone, who is an Ipswich fan, has the audacity to come here and try and look down their nose at our team.

The fact that finishing in the top half on a low budget which seems to be lowering year on year would contribute as success would worry me if supporting any club.

Well the point your missing is if we dont get decent offers for Redmond, Fer etc then we dont sell. We dont have or need to. We aint got debts that need repaying. I think the board, manager, fans etc would rather see a team with Fer, Redmond, Olsson, Hooper, Ruddy etc in.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]The fact that finishing in the top half on a low budget which seems to be lowering year on year would contribute as success would worry me if supporting any club.

Well the point your missing is if we dont get decent offers for Redmond, Fer etc then we dont sell. We dont have or need to. We aint got debts that need repaying. I think the board, manager, fans etc would rather see a team with Fer, Redmond, Olsson, Hooper, Ruddy etc in.[/quote]And the point you''re missing is once these players heads are turned it''s game over.Fer''s agent has been piping up already and I''m sure Redmond, Ruddy et al would consider jumping ship if they felt it would further international aspirations.The Championship is a great leveller. You can have all the best players you want, but if you''re not prepared for the 46 game grind it won''t happen. Even QPR with all their riches had to battle to the 90th min of their playoff final to get back there.

You do know that we have been in the Championship before, don''t you?I mean, we don''t have the Championship experience your club has (lol) but its hardly uncharted territory.Oh and the fact that I have annoyed you enough to not want to reply to me, amuses me greatly[:)]

And it says something about your grubby little club when all you have to look forward to is us selling our players for lots of cash.How you planning to spend your Cresswell money lol?

And did they get there ? Yes they did. Trust me with Mcnally at the helm nobody will be going on the cheap. If they do get there heads turned and a club meets what we are asking then they will go. If someone comes in for Fer and offers £10m then he will go and because we are DEBT FREE

that money will ALL go into future transfers. West Ham wanted Olsson but wouldnt offer what we wanted so they came in and took your best player instead. Until asking prices are met nobody will be leaving, thats the benefit on being DEBT FREE but you wouldnt know about that anymore.