Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Joe Royle leaves club

[quote user="iron_stan"]redmond, fer, hooper, snodgrasswatson, royle

rats only run from the ship when its filling with water

the signs are not great[/quote]

It''s very clear to any of us regulars on this board that you are not an NCFC supporter, as I would suggest a bare minimum of 99.9% of your posts are aimed at the club in a very unsupporting way - so, may I ask who is your real team, Stan? Is it West Ham as your name on here suggests, or are you just a common all garden Binner?.

im very much an ncfc supporterhowever im not a happy clapping optimistic idiot who thinks its all rosy and buys into all the bull5h1t thats being fed through the press

the club is going backwards and its like a slow motion car crash, it started with the appointment of hughton and its been a succession of idiotic decisions since

of course you arewhat would make anyone think anything else ?

this concept that you should just stand by and not question the decisions being made makes me laugh, especially when a lot of the decisions have failed massively

but hey, it will all be alright in the end

the lack of ambition is soul destroying

If anyone is near Stan, it may be a good idea to hide any rope or sharp implements from him.

Really Stan - I haven''t noticed you protesting at Carrow Road? Or do you mean that your way of "questioning decisions" is to moan on the Pink Un?

[quote user="morty"]If anyone is near Stan, it may be a good idea to hide any rope or sharp implements from him.
[/quote]

Some would say the opposite, but not me.[:D]

I suppose it is no coincidence that the regular moaners on here whenever the club hold a forum,question and answer session or AGM have a catalogue of ready excuses as to why they cannot attend and then pop up on here asking others to ask this and that question.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="morty"]If anyone is near Stan, it may be a good idea to hide any rope or sharp implements from him.[/quote]

Some would say the opposite, but not me.[:D]

[/quote][:D]

Neil Adams has told Chris Goreham that Joe''s departure is partly down to family health issues, and he goes with his blessing. He adds that Joe is still a phone call away.

[quote user="morty"]Neil Adams has told Chris Goreham that Joe''s departure is partly down to family health issues, and he goes with his blessing. He adds that Joe is still a phone call away.[/quote]Very interesting

Adams also revealed he still plans to tap into Royle’s extensive knowledge of the game to help bolster City’s Championship promotion push despite his departure from a football consultant role on Monday to link up with former club Everton. The City chief insisted there are no hard feelings over his mentor’s exit.

“It’s a shame really,” he said. “I’m bitterly disappointed but Joe had health issues with his family and so with a heavy heart we have let him go to Everton, which is right on his doorstep. He is always on the end of a phone for me. He had a huge impact on the staff when he was here but family comes first and he goes with our best wishes.

“He’ll continue to do everything he can for us. It is the right thing for him. I’m not let down by it. You can imagine how Joe felt to tell me he had to go back. I know what the truth and it’s unfortunate. Me and Joe go back donkey’s years and that was one of the reasons I got him in. It’s sad but he’ll still be there if I need him.”

[quote user="morty"]

Adams also revealed he still plans to tap into Royle’s extensive knowledge of the game to help bolster City’s Championship promotion push despite his departure from a football consultant role on Monday to link up with former club Everton. The City chief insisted there are no hard feelings over his mentor’s exit.

“It’s a shame really,” he said. “I’m bitterly disappointed but Joe had health issues with his family and so with a heavy heart we have let him go to Everton, which is right on his doorstep. He is always on the end of a phone for me. He had a huge impact on the staff when he was here but family comes first and he goes with our best wishes.

“He’ll continue to do everything he can for us. It is the right thing for him. I’m not let down by it. You can imagine how Joe felt to tell me he had to go back. I know what the truth and it’s unfortunate. Me and Joe go back donkey’s years and that was one of the reasons I got him in. It’s sad but he’ll still be there if I need him.”

[/quote]oh dear that won''t go down well with some on herelet''s hope poor wiz and others of a similar view of our club don''t read those comments too soon after reading about last night''s win

ps where are they tonight .. wiz, newton, sheep sheep canary. waveney the X1V etc ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="morty"]

[/quote]oh dear that won''t go down well with some on herelet''s hope poor wiz and others of a similar view of our club don''t read those comments too soon after reading about last night''s win

ps where are they tonight .. wiz, newton, sheep sheep canary. waveney the X1V etc ?

[/quote]Not really sure how anyone can get a conspiracy theory from that, sounds like Neil has pretty much told it how it is.Unless of course thats what the board told him to say....

More a question of what might have been Morty.

The role was a lovely entree/template for the future. Adams won''t bring a cuckoo into the nest now and the board won''t enforce one on him. Royle was perfect. Adams didn''t feel threatened and the board had the opportunity to develop their own lines of communication with a (gently developing) inside track into dressing room, training ground, football affairs. This insider "grass" knowledge is not truly present in the football board other than via the manager (which is ultimately not the point). All could present it as a not DoF, though over time, these benefits could have been organically nurtured.

Corporately Something extra is lost. Hard to replace now for a number of reasons.

Sounds like spin from Adams don''t believe a word of it.

They had to come out with some excuse to explain their fuck up with his appointment and a family illness no one will query. Clever really let''s see if he is as good on the pitch as he is playing the media

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]More a question of what might have been Morty.

The role was a lovely entree/template for the future. Adams won''t bring a cuckoo into the nest now and the board won''t enforce one on him. Royle was perfect. Adams didn''t feel threatened and the board had the opportunity to develop their own lines of communication with a (gently developing) inside track into dressing room, training ground, football affairs. This insider "grass" knowledge is not truly present in the football board other than via the manager (which is ultimately not the point). All could present it as a not DoF, though over time, these benefits could have been organically nurtured.

Corporately Something extra is lost. Hard to replace now for a number of reasons.[/quote]But, as I understand it, Joe never was a Dof, was he? It sounds like he was only ever a consultant, helping on an ad hoc basis.

[quote user="I.S."]Really Stan - I haven''t noticed you protesting at Carrow Road? Or do you mean that your way of "questioning decisions" is to moan on the Pink Un?[/quote]What a strange statement. There a loads of other ways of questioning things like decisions apart from ''protesting'' or ''moaning'' . That applies in all walks of life, not just football.Stan is right. I believe that everyone has the innate right to question all decisions . It''s what living in a free democratic society is all about. If you are happy to just lazily accept without question everything that''s put in front of you then perhaps you might be better off living in North Korea ?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]More a question of what might have been Morty.

Corporately Something extra is lost. Hard to replace now for a number of reasons.[/quote]But, as I understand it, Joe never was a Dof, was he? It sounds like he was only ever a consultant, helping on an ad hoc basis.[/quote]If we are going to take Adams'' statement at face value we have to take all of it in that light. In that case:"He had a huge impact on the staff when he was here."...makes it sound as if Royle had already got stuck in and was dealing with the staff as a whole rather than just acting as an occasional consultant to Adams. The whole tenor of Adams'' statement is that this a serious loss to the club. And that is without taking into account the slowly expanding role (a director of football in all but name) that Parma says was the plan.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="I.S."]Really Stan - I haven''t noticed you protesting at Carrow Road? Or do you mean that your way of "questioning decisions" is to moan on the Pink Un?[/quote]What a strange statement. There a loads of other ways of questioning things like decisions apart from ''protesting'' or ''moaning'' . That applies in all walks of life, not just football.Stan is right. I believe that everyone has the innate right to question all decisions . It''s what living in a free democratic society is all about. If you are happy to just lazily accept without question everything that''s put in front of you then perhaps you might be better off living in North Korea ?[/quote]

Some people question ALL the time.  Those that question everything, all the time, are demonstrating something about themselves.  Most people will sometimes accept things, sometimes question things.  As far as football is concerned, I will accept anything as long as the desire and determination to succeed is there.   Always assuming there is something to question is nothing more than a exhausting bad habit.  Acceptance is sometimes better - especially when its things you can''t control.  

Reggie,

What Stan fails to realise is that all City supporters will question things at times, even the ''happy clappers'', but it doesn''t take away from the fact that EVERY single post of his is negative towards the team or club, which in itself is a weird way to be with the club you supposedly love, there is absolutely zero balance between him ''questioning things'' (eh?) and putting across a pro NCFC comment...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="I.S."]Really Stan - I haven''t noticed you protesting at Carrow Road? Or do you mean that your way of "questioning decisions" is to moan on the Pink Un?[/quote]What a strange statement. There a loads of other ways of questioning things like decisions apart from ''protesting'' or ''moaning'' . That applies in all walks of life, not just football.Stan is right. I believe that everyone has the innate right to question all decisions . It''s what living in a free democratic society is all about. If you are happy to just lazily accept without question everything that''s put in front of you then perhaps you might be better off living in North Korea ?[/quote]

Some people question ALL the time.  Those that question everything, all the time, are demonstrating something about themselves.  Most people will sometimes accept things, sometimes question things.  As far as football is concerned, I will accept anything as long as the desire and determination to succeed is there.   Always assuming there is something to question is nothing more than a exhausting bad habit.  Acceptance is sometimes better - especially when its things you can''t control.  

[/quote]That''s a nice little neat theory, LDC, for people who like to compartmentalise things into little boxes.But the problem with it is that we all have differing views, bugbears and tastes. For example something that I feel is worth questioning may, to you be trivial. And vice versa . So who is the arbiter in this ? I do not see many people that question EVERYTHING, as you are alleging, but I suppose they must exist.I''d be intrigued to know just what they are ''demonstrating about themselves '' though ? However there are plenty people who just drift through life accepting all that''s put in front of them, and NEVER questioning. Which imho is far more an ''exhausting bad habit'' than the opposite.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]More a question of what might have been Morty. The role was a lovely entree/template for the future. Adams won''t bring a cuckoo into the nest now and the board won''t enforce one on him. Royle was perfect. Adams didn''t feel threatened and the board had the opportunity to develop their own lines of communication with a (gently developing) inside track into dressing room, training ground, football affairs. This insider "grass" knowledge is not truly present in the football board other than via the manager (which is ultimately not the point). All could present it as a not DoF, though over time, these benefits could have been organically nurtured. Corporately Something extra is lost. Hard to replace now for a number of reasons.[/quote]

But, as I understand it, Joe never was a Dof, was he? It sounds like he was only ever a consultant, helping on an ad hoc basis.
[/quote]

If we are going to take Adams'' statement at face value we have to take all of it in that light. In that case:

"He had a huge impact on the staff when he was here."

...makes it sound as if Royle had already got stuck in and was dealing with the staff as a whole rather than just acting as an occasional consultant to Adams. The whole tenor of Adams'' statement is that this a serious loss to the club. And that is without taking into account the slowly expanding role (a director of football in all but name) that Parma says was the plan.

[/quote]

I think that is reading far too much into one line - especially considering all the context; family illness, Adams'' friend etc

It''s a bit like writing in someone''s leaving card at work ''We''ll miss you'' - you won''t miss them but you aren''t going to write that in their card and it''s a nice thing to say. I''m sure Royle would have spoken to other staff memebers at the club, but to take those 12 words and try and inflate them to some greater meaning won''t reveal his true contribution. To even look for greater meaning in a short statement to the local press probably isn''t going to reveal much.

If Royle was intended for a Director of Football role he would have been on the ''Footballing Board''.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I think that is reading far too much into one line - especially considering all the context; family illness, Adams'' friend etc

It''s a bit like writing in someone''s leaving card at work ''We''ll miss you'' - you won''t miss them but you aren''t going to write that in their card and it''s a nice thing to say. I''m sure Royle would have spoken to other staff memebers at the club, but to take those 12 words and try and inflate them to some greater meaning won''t reveal his true contribution. To even look for greater meaning in a short statement to the local press probably isn''t going to reveal much.

If Royle was intended for a Director of Football role he would have been on the ''Footballing Board''.

[/quote]Bethnal, I don''t disagree with that. My point was that all such statements tend to be spin, and you can''t discount some bits as spin while accepting other bits as the unvarnished truth! As to Royle not being on the footballing board, that is something that might have happened in time, either informally or formally. We will never now know.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]More a question of what might have been Morty. The role was a lovely entree/template for the future. Adams won''t bring a cuckoo into the nest now and the board won''t enforce one on him. Royle was perfect. Adams didn''t feel threatened and the board had the opportunity to develop their own lines of communication with a (gently developing) inside track into dressing room, training ground, football affairs. This insider "grass" knowledge is not truly present in the football board other than via the manager (which is ultimately not the point). All could present it as a not DoF, though over time, these benefits could have been organically nurtured. Corporately Something extra is lost. Hard to replace now for a number of reasons.[/quote]But, as I understand it, Joe never was a Dof, was he? It sounds like he was only ever a consultant, helping on an ad hoc basis.[/quote]If we are going to take Adams'' statement at face value we have to take all of it in that light. In that case:"He had a huge impact on the staff when he was here."...makes it sound as if Royle had already got stuck in and was dealing with the staff as a whole rather than just acting as an occasional consultant to Adams. The whole tenor of Adams'' statement is that this a serious loss to the club. And that is without taking into account the slowly expanding role (a director of football in all but name) that Parma says was the plan.[/quote]

I think that is reading far too much into one line - especially considering all the context; family illness, Adams'' friend etc

[/quote]
Yeah, I think you have that about right. Especially the leaving card analogy.

Yes Reggie, that is all extremely intellectual and very evolved, but I think you have rather missed the point I was trying to make. Perhaps it was my fault for not explaining it clearly enough.

Everyone is free to criticise any decision they see fit, in fact, I am not sure where I suggested that people should "lazily accept" everything? Or is the strawman argument your modus operandi?

The fact is, Stan is constantly sniping at fellow people on the Pink Un, but if he truly felt as strongly as he does about the club and how it is being run, then surely he would be actually doing something about it?

If he feels he should just keep making the same old negative posts on the Pink Un, then that is entirely fine with me, but I imagine myself and others will exercise our free democratic societal rights to point out he should at some point put up or shut up?

[quote user="I.S."]

Everyone is free to criticise any decision they see fit, in fact, I am not sure where I suggested that people should "lazily accept" everything? [/quote]OK, I.S. I see the point you are trying to make here. We''re just coming at it from different angles I guess.BTW  when I said ''you''  as regards the lazily accepting thing, I was using the term in the general 2nd person plural meaning (as in ''one'') . Not as in pointing the finger at you, ie I.S.