Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Joe Royle leaves club

It''s about Adams having a senior figure in football he could go to for advice. Kind of hard just to bring in someone Adams has never worked with before to be his go to guy. There is also finding someone who wants to be a ''consultant'' - Royle accepted due to his bond with Adams.

90% of football could be described an ''old boys club''. It''s just people wanting to work with people they know and trust.

Let''s hope Adams goes with him. Then we can start again with people that have experience

Trouble times ahead me thinks....

What a media joke we''ve become.

Joe leaving is actually good practise for when we lose our first game, this is like a pre season workout for the whingers.

[quote user="morty"]Joe leaving is actually good practise for when we lose our first game, this is like a pre season workout for the whingers.[/quote]

Certainly that is how I am viewing it. I have never been so miserable it''s great!

You couldn''t make it up. Experienced, credible managers were available yet apparentky we had to scour the whole of Europe to arrive at our youth team coach. The whole JR fiasco is but a side-show. The only conclusion that can reasonably be drawn is that the board do not have promotion on its radar - little old Norwich playing nice football to nice crowds in the Champs is the apparent limit of ambition. When we finish midtable and Wolves and Ipswich go past us then perhaps some on this board will acknowledge the farcical summer for what it has become.

Royle was just a sounding board for Adams - and  Royle can still be that.  He is an affable character and will no doubt be someone Adams can call on for advice or just general support - much like SAF was a mentor for several managers.    It was a good feeling to have someone of Royles''s stature attached to the club, but in reality it may not have been a big part of things.   Better maybe that Adams is now seen as the main man without anyone appearing to be keeping an eye on him, or whatever the perception of Royle''s position was. 

A shame, but not a big issue in the scheme of things.

"morty"Well, I bet no one saw that coming....

:-)

There all out at the moment.

Just to add. Why aren''t the doom mongers having a go at Royle about this. He is the one that has buggered off after a few weeks.

Always blame the club first with some of these ''fans''.

There is nothing significant in this story.

Royle was ''employed'' in an arms length role and a bigger club with a more attractive job came calling. He left. Big deal.

It won''t have any impact on our season.

I''m no fan of the unnecessary gamble of appointing Adams (especially when our profile, squad quality and finances have never been higher) but getting my knickers in a twist over Joe Royle transfering his services to Goodison is a different problem with far less consequences.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]It''s about Adams having a senior figure in football he could go to for advice. Kind of hard just to bring in someone Adams has never worked with before to be his go to guy. There is also finding someone who wants to be a ''consultant'' - Royle accepted due to his bond with Adams.

90% of football could be described an ''old boys club''. It''s just people wanting to work with people they know and trust.[/quote]There may be a grain of truth in what you say in your last sentence, BYG, but you''ve no way of substantiating the figure (which I''d dispute) of 90% . If what both you and Lake are correct in that a consultant is pretty much an ad hoc arrangement, where someone is called up from time to time for advice on a thorny issue, then why did NCFC need to employ Royle and trumpet his appointment so loudly? Was it an unnecessary diversion ?For the record, I agree with you, and have said so since Royle was announced. In the main, where formal ''consultants'' have been employed by football clubs it''s not ended prettily. This is just the latest example. It''s one thing NA getting on the phone to a Royle type figure once a week or so, because he trusts him, but a totally different thing making it a formal post where presumably he was going to be handsomely remunerated.As I said earlier, perhaps we will now see if Adams has got other irons in the fire, or, just maybe he''ll be good enough to run the show without a consultant?

I was not that excited when he was appointed, other than acknowledging his vast experience and accepting the situation, and am not at all angered by him leaving. This is really a minor event for the club that really does not deserve some of the over the top comments within this thread. He got a better offer at a club that is in his blood, I am sure Norwich City will soon forget about it, or already have.....

[quote user="Herman "]Just to add. Why aren''t the doom mongers having a go at Royle about this. He is the one that has buggered off after a few weeks. Always blame the club first with some of these ''fans''.[/quote]

Thankyou ^^^^  Agree 100%.

He came, he cleared off. We offered him a role back in the game, he took it only to disappear as soon as Everton came calling.

The fact he''d been in discussions with them before he took the post here says it all about his committment to us. We were his bitch. Cheers Joe.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]No concerns at all as to how JR was trumpeted by the club on his arrival or, indeed, that such an appointment was felt necessary in the first place?[/quote]
Trumpeted?
Royle was probably the least promoted of all the appointees to the coaching staff or football executive board. Neil Adams, Gary Holt and Mark Robson all have video interviews up on the clubs site, as does Ricky Martin and Barry Simmonds. Royle never did. All the previously mentioned people were also shown both at Carrow Road and at Colney but Royle wasn''t. The only thing the club announced was that Royler was a ''footballing consultant'' on twitter, confirmed this appointment in a joint article with the appointment of other coaching staff (he didn''t even get his own article FFS) and Adams mentioned him (briefly) in one of his interviews.
Hardly announcing his presence form the f***king roof tops. 

Aw come on Phil. Talk about rewriting history.......When JR was appointed the club went out of their way to get it on the front pages as an answer to those who were criticising them for hiring a rookie like Adams. As a PR exercise, I''d not be critical of that, but let''s not pretend it was not well publicised !

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]To join Everton. He didn''t last long[/quote]

Shows all the signs of a true Bigot and shows what he thought of Norwich, not even three months in the job

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Aw come on Phil. Talk about rewriting history.......When JR was appointed the club went out of their way to get it on the front pages as an answer to those who were criticising them for hiring a rookie like Adams. As a PR exercise, I''d not be critical of that, but let''s not pretend it was not well publicised ![/quote]
Okay, where''s his video interview, article, pictures of him at the ground or any kind of major announcement? Trust me, I looked. All I could find was an announcement on twitter and a mention of his appointment in a joint article (shared with Robson and Holt) which did the usual PR bulls**t and listed some of his achievements. If you can find something that shows this was a highly publicised performance, I''ll back down. Bt, on the face of it, Royle''s appointment appeared to be less important (in the clubs eyes) then the manager, two coaches a technical director and a chief scout. 

Am surprised that he''s left so quickly but am not bothered in the slightest. I think he''s old hat to be honest.

If it had been a proper appointment with a contract and as has been said some pictures, interviews and a press conference, then it would matter more.  The only interview Royle gave showed no knowledge of our club, spouting some stuff about how highly Snodgrass was regarded ''down there''.  "Down there" says an awful lot......

Martinez is impressed by him, thats good enough for me as a reason he left and why we should be hacked off.

I''d love to be a fly on the wall when Royal lectures the kids on the "There''s no i in team " bulls*it

But gaffer, why did you leave Norwich then, weren''t you part of a management team''?

H

Joe Royle is an Evertonian. It is his club, the one he has loved all his life. Leaving Norwich City to join The Toffees doesn''t reflect badly on The Canaries; it''s disappointing but not a sign that things are in a right "royal" mess at Carrow Road.

Having observed this messageboard since the end of last season I have to say there are some real pains on here who seem to revel in rubbishing their club and never pass up an opportunity to turn any news into an attack on Adam.

I hope he shoves their words down their throats.

[quote user="ROKERITE"]Joe Royle is an Evertonian. It is his club, the one he has loved all his life. Leaving Norwich City to join The Toffees doesn''t reflect badly on The Canaries; it''s disappointing but not a sign that things are in a right "royal" mess at Carrow Road.

Having observed this messageboard since the end of last season I have to say there are some real pains on here who seem to revel in rubbishing their club and never pass up an opportunity to turn any news into an attack on Adams.

I hope he shoves their words down their throats.[/quote]

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Aw come on Phil. Talk about rewriting history.......

When JR was appointed the club went out of their way to get it on the front pages as an answer to those who were criticising them for hiring a rookie like Adams. As a PR exercise, I''d not be critical of that, but let''s not pretend it was not well publicised !
[/quote]

Okay, where''s his video interview, article, pictures of him at the ground or any kind of major announcement? Trust me, I looked. All I could find was an announcement on twitter and a mention of his appointment in a joint article (shared with Robson and Holt) which did the usual PR bulls**t and listed some of his achievements. If you can find something that shows this was a highly publicised performance, I''ll back down. Bt, on the face of it, Royle''s appointment appeared to be less important (in the clubs eyes) then the manager, two coaches a technical director and a chief scout. 

[/quote]

Exactly - the club have never said much about Royle or his role. Fans went a bit crazy about it due to his Ipswich connections and the fact he is a ''dinosaur'' - the club certainly never pushed for it to be on front pages etc, if they had Royle would have been dragged out for one of the press conferences or at least had a video interview on the official site (something even Barry Simmonds has done).

I think Royle did a couple of bits off his own back, something on TalkSport if I''m not mistaken, but the club certainly haven''t looked make a big deal out of it.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]If the club wants to replace Joe Royal, there''s plenty of experienced ex-managers out there. [/quote]Cough cough Neil Warnock cough cough.