Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Joe Royle leaves club

[quote user="Samwam27"]Would that go down as our most successful and short lived appointment ever? Have we ever kept someone for a shorter period of time than this????[/quote]We never lost a game under Joe.

So Royle leaves with a 100 per cent record then!? Thanks for the memories in that great game at Dereham Joe. Great times.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Tbh consultants are usually (or should) only be a temporary thing and as others have mentioned the ''board'' didn''t have that role on it. Perhaps his part is now seen as not needed as all the other roles are sorted? It will be interesting to see what the club has to say.[/quote]That can be so, but was never said in this case at the time, and the way Royle was talking after joining he gave the impression it was a permanent (in this sense that anything is so in football) appointment. And, as I said, that Everton job was known about, and he knew he was Everton''s first choice. It is not the case that this opportunity has suddenly arisen. He knew it was there when he opted for NCFC. Now we shall see if he gets replaced or Adams makes do with what he is now left with.[/quote]The quote from Royle:“I was happy with my role at Norwich City."...makes it plain his job with us was not as a short-term consultant.

[quote user="JF"]So Royle leaves with a 100 per cent record then!? Thanks for the memories in that great game at Dereham Joe. Great times.[/quote]

1 0 against Dereham indeed a triumph. I wonder if he paid the price for such a poor result?

Well one less cook to spoil the broth.

I still think this whole set up we have built would be hard to dismantle if it turned sour. So I don''t mind this... It is a bit of a mess and thought it may be a Hamilton Ricoh type of shambles.

We will see, need some players quick though now.adams needs to show he can bring some in.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]McNally will already be invoicing them for compensation.[/quote]I don''t know the specifics but in my experience the whole purpose of consultants is that you get experienced people but don''t have to pay to employ them permanently - no holidays; sick pay etc. It''s often used by businesses and other agencies - pay someone redundancy (or early retirement) and then employ them on a daily rate at exorbitant prices. I quite fancy it myself!The consultant has equal freedom - no contract, so can go whenever s/he wants.

I''ve always remained quite positive but this is a shocker, not because we''ve lost somebody who is fairly pointless to begin with, but because it demonstrates a lack of control behind the scenes. That''s my take on it.

Very quiet from our official site. Are they all hunched over the computer trying to write a well worded statement?

McNally isn''t in Norwich at the moment, he''s in London having a Q & A session with the Capital Canaries, may explain why there has been a delay in a statement?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Surely the way is now clear to get Mike Walker back?[/quote]
Smacks of ''little old Norwich'', no ambition etc. etc.

Should have appointed Neil Lennon instead of taking the pathetic option we did . If we had any sense  we would rectify the mistake before the season starts . This job was available to Royle when Adams brought him in so clearly he is not impressed with the set up here , seasons going to be a disaster of Gunn proportions.

I would guess they will put something out quite late tonight and hope that it is missed under the more postitive appointments of Parks and those in the academy.

As has been said, Royle had been linked with a job at Everton before we appointed him, one link here which had him responding more than favourably to the speculation back in April.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/2014/04/22/joe-royle-on-everton-return/

He is definitely Martinez''s choice for the role, I wonder if some doubt over Martinez being at the club long term led to him accepting the offer to come here? Martinez has since signed a new contract, until that happened it might have been the case that the job offer there for Royle was only ever a speculative one for as long as RM hadn''t committed to them and he took, was advised, to accept the one here-he might also have taken it here on the unofficial understanding that if RM got the deal he wanted, he''d be back in for him. It still seems odd as he''d been out of the game for an age so why not wait anyway-only, possibly, if there was a stage when it looked like whatever might be happening at Everton meant there was no way back for him.

Whatever has happened, it doesn''t reflect badly on us or anyone at the club-it reflects badly on Royle and Royle alone. He accepts a job then, at the first sniff from Everton he''s off again-what are we meant to do about that, sue him, hold him to the terms of a contract that he probably never had here in the first place?

As for us being a "laughing stock" in the game because of this, seriously, take a deep breath and stop assuming that every move that the club makes, every pre-season game, appointment, signing or announcement is being lapped up by fans of other clubs throughout the country and that they are all doubled up in mirth because of what is happening at Norwich. They aren''t. Hardly anyone else knows and fewer people than that care.

What is laughable is how anything that happens at the club is twisted around to suit those that delight in making the snide comments, the superior stance and the mix of "I told you so" and "this is a sign of things to come". Royle came, he buggered off again. His choice, his decision, his reason, his issue. To make it look or sound like he has gone because of some fairly tale perception that everything is falling apart and that this is "a sign" isn''t just bordering on the preposterous, its securing it in a strait jacket, throwing it into a tiny cell and bricking up the door and window for all eternity.

As for Waveney and its countless variety of ID''s and their mock outrage and indignation, why do you keep trying when you''ve been so clearly and obviously rumbled and outed for both what you are-and, sadly, for what you are not and will never be, a supporter of Norwich City.

"Joe was one of the first people I called

when I got the job. Everybody knows Joe Royle in the game, knows what

he''s done. He''s managed at Everton, Manchester City, he''s been a Player

of the Year at Norwich, a hall of famer... he knows what the club''s

about, but knows the game," says Adams.

Adams says his own lack of senior managerial experience made calling on Royle''s lifetime of expertise a simple decision.

"There''s nobody more experienced than Joe," he adds.

"He''ll be part of the team, along with Mark and Gary, and if you look at

what we can all individually bring to the table as a coaching team, I

think we tick all the boxes."

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/neil-adams-on-joe-royle-1598836.aspx#Am8GFHYuBDDSSzJi.99

------------------I thought the worst thing to happen tonight would be having to sit through The One Show.

Didn''t take long for a pic of him at their training ground to appear?

Were there any of him here?

Its almost as if, beairng in mind the players haven''t even been back for pre-season that long that he never really started the job properly in the first place.

Let us not forget that Royle - upon his appointment - opened lines of communication with the media, discussed transfers with McNally and was plenipotentiary.

His Consultant title was convenient, but misleading (though it will now be stressed). The role he was (to) perform(ing) was a key part of the managerial equation. Neither simmonds, Martin or indeed McNally have the skillset or could perform the balls-to-boardroom role was to be an excellent resource for Adams and the board (with separate lines of communication).

There is a story here.....

It could just be that the story is he thought he had a job at Everton but was advised that he probably didn''t, so he came here, only to then find out there was a job for him at Everton so he chose to go back there and leave this one.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

It could just be that the story is he thought he had a job at Everton but was advised that he probably didn''t, so he came here, only to then find out there was a job for him at Everton so he chose to go back there and leave this one.

[/quote]Or maybe he''s just a potato head binner.

I''m not concerned about losing Royle really but I am concerned about the shambles this new football board appears to be.

As for Royle, unless there is some ecplanation we are all unaware of the man clearly has zero integrity. He knew about this job and was offered it by Martinez before he took our job. Obviously they''ve now bunged him some more cash. Very disappointing. Many on here defended him as we could see past his brief stint with the sc*m but this appears to be poor behaviour.

[quote user="Haven Canary"]I have tonight written to mcnasty expressing the fans ongoing concern about what is happening at the carra and asking him to consider his position.

[/quote]

In which name did you write the letter ?

Not sure if it''s been said, but Royle wasn''t on the Football Board. That''s McNally, Simmonds, Adams and Martin.

Royle never left the north-west and was only really working part-time. It''s a shame to lose him as I''m sure Adams would have benefitted from his advice but these things happen. Doubt he''ll be replaced as it was more about Royle than the position.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Doubt he''ll be replaced as it was more about Royle than the position.[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by that BYG ?Are you saying that we did not really need him and it was all about an old-pals act by Adams ?