Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Joe Royle leaves club

I said when he opened his mouth in that bar on holiday about what was happening he should leave.

Well he has so as far as I''m concerned good luck to him and Everton!

hogesar wrote the following post at 14/07/2014 7:41 PM:I

t''s poor - and very surprising.

---------------------------------------

is it? I don''t mean to be a downer and am hoping for a swift return to the PL, but its not really that surprising, for example we''ve appointed Adams in charge...anything can now happen in my opinion.

Only a madman and pitchforks and haystacks and of course the love birds Morty and LDC would not be concerned about how this season is coming together. Not even under Gunny was it this bad.

McNally has lost the plot big style

In my opinion Miggins - employing somebody in football, in the Championship - and them leaving for another club a month in, is relatively surprising for me - yes.

But then again i''m not against Adam''s appointment the same as you are so i guess we''ll just wait and see!

I find it very disappointing news. It seemed like a good appointment to assist Neil and provide some experience which he clearly lacks. But to have made the appointment and seen Royal jump ship after one pre season friendly does make it look as if we are making things up as we go along. I imagine there was no serious contractual relationship here and as somebody said, the position was not mentioned in the original structure. Still very unhappy though.

[quote user="Haven Canary"]Only a madman and pitchforks and haystacks and of course the love birds Morty and LDC would not be concerned about how this season is coming together. Not even under Gunny was it this bad.

McNally has lost the plot big style[/quote]

How many times is McNally going to get the blame for the boards failings?

[quote user="Jenkins"]I find it very disappointing news. It seemed like a good appointment to assist Neil and provide some experience which he clearly lacks. But to have made the appointment and seen Royal jump ship after one pre season friendly does make it look as if we are making things up as we go along. I imagine there was no serious contractual relationship here and as somebody said, the position was not mentioned in the original structure. Still very unhappy though.[/quote]I should in the official club statement it will be revealed that it was only ever an ad hoc arrangement.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

This does look pretty p*ss poor on both the Club and Royle''s part.

Didn''t we have some sort of contract/agreement in place?

[/quote]

Of course we didn''t that smacks of organisation. We are now a bigger laughing stock than leeds and that is saying something

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jenkins"]I find it very disappointing news. It seemed like a good appointment to assist Neil and provide some experience which he clearly lacks. But to have made the appointment and seen Royal jump ship after one pre season friendly does make it look as if we are making things up as we go along. I imagine there was no serious contractual relationship here and as somebody said, the position was not mentioned in the original structure. Still very unhappy though.[/quote]I should in the official club statement it will be revealed that it was only ever an ad hoc arrangement.[/quote]We shall see. What is true is that the position Royle has now taken at Everton was available for him (I think he had been offered it in April) when he took the Norwich job.

Haven Canary wrote the following post

Of course we didn''t that smacks of organisation. We are now a bigger laughing stock than leeds and that is saying something

Who is the "we" in that remark?

royle thanks norwich for our "understanding" so either we have let him leave or just agreed some compensation.

Now if we get a everton youngster on loan we will know

how that came about!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jenkins"]I find it very disappointing news. It seemed like a good appointment to assist Neil and provide some experience which he clearly lacks. But to have made the appointment and seen Royal jump ship after one pre season friendly does make it look as if we are making things up as we go along. I imagine there was no serious contractual relationship here and as somebody said, the position was not mentioned in the original structure. Still very unhappy though.[/quote]I should in the official club statement it will be revealed that it was only ever an ad hoc arrangement.[/quote]We shall see. What is true is that the position Royle has now taken at Everton was available for him (I think he had been offered it in April) when he took the Norwich job.[/quote]He has made himself look a bit of a tit, frankly.

Tbh consultants are usually (or should) only be a temporary thing and as others have mentioned the ''board'' didn''t have that role on it. Perhaps his part is now seen as not needed as all the other roles are sorted? It will be interesting to see what the club has to say.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Haven Canary wrote the following post.....We are now a bigger laughing stock than leeds and that is saying somethingWho is the "we" in that remark?[/quote]He means Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Mike Hunt / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Newton / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Utter shambles, and a sign of things to come i fear.[/quote]

I have tonight written to mcnasty expressing the fans ongoing concern about what is happening at the carra and asking him to consider his position. He is not a man of honour so I doubt he will take any notice.

Man this is really a poor start to our preparations.

I''m not as concerned losing Royle, i highly respect the guy and thought he would be perfect, approachable and experienced head for Adams - but i''m more concerned with how this will affect players like Olsson, Fer and Hooper who ideally we want to show that we''ve got everything together and the boat is once again water tight.

Right now, we''re swaying heavily and the rocky waters of Wolves Away will soon be upon us.

As I understand it that position is to assist the development of young players from their academy. Very different from his position with Adams here. Don''t know what to make of it to be honest....

Maybe its a bit like the David Unsworth transfer to Aston Villa. Made the wrong choice and thought it best to back out early on. Either that or his wife thought Norwich was closer to Liverpool than it is...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Tbh consultants are usually (or should) only be a temporary thing and as others have mentioned the ''board'' didn''t have that role on it. Perhaps his part is now seen as not needed as all the other roles are sorted? It will be interesting to see what the club has to say.[/quote]That can be so, but was never said in this case at the time, and the way Royle was talking after joining he gave the impression it was a permanent (in this sense that anything is so in football) appointment. And, as I said, that Everton job was known about, and he knew he was Everton''s first choice. It is not the case that this opportunity has suddenly arisen. He knew it was there when he opted for NCFC. Now we shall see if he gets replaced or Adams makes do with what he is now left with.

Which ever angle you look at this, this is highly embarrassing!To appoint a youth manager with no league experience whatsoever, over all the experience, upand coming managers and track records is one thing (quite astonishing really)To appoint someone like Royale to a senior position and see him jump ship within a month or so, shows no commitment whatsoever to our cause, and will leave much egg on face within the club

[quote user="Samwam27"]Which ever angle you look at this, this is highly embarrassing!To appoint a youth manager with no league experience whatsoever, over all the experience, upand coming managers and track records is one thing (quite astonishing really)To appoint someone like Royale to a senior position and see him jump ship within a month or so, shows no commitment whatsoever to our cause, and will leave much egg on face within the club [/quote]Not really. Its Joe that looks bad in this, we didn''t insist he take the Everton job, I presume.

Would that go down as our most successful and short lived appointment ever? Have we ever kept someone for a shorter period of time than this????

Like many of you I''m deeply impressed with how the club set about creating the new Football Board or whatever it''s been called.

From scouring Europe for the right managerial appointment, luring a bloke from Fulham into the umpteenth Carrow Rd Conclave and caping it all off with an experienced pair of hands to oversee this most cunning of plans.

It''s all looking incredibly promising.