Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Joe Royle leaves club

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/07/14/blues-make-royle-appointment

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/07/14/blues-make-royle-appointment[/quote]Bloody hell.Potato head wanker.

[quote user="Wiz"]Oh this is laughable, what a mess. [:D][/quote]And, pray tell, why would you find it amusing exactly?

That''s a bit of a PR mishap for us, only just having assembled this new-fangled football board to have an apparently key component drop out on us.

Would expect a swift counter move by NCFC to prevent any whispers of a lack of confidence creeping in.

Now that suggests there may be some problems behind the scenes.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Wiz"]Oh this is laughable, what a mess. [:D][/quote] Wow. Seriously Wiz. Come on.[/quote]

One word GP...........irony.

Do you for one nano second really think I''m happy about it?

Only the most deluded Canary can''t see what a shambles we have become. A radio commentator as boss with the worst record in premier league history. Appoint a binner who

Dumps us a few weeks later. A one nil win against Dereham. Can''t compete with Bournemouth in the transfer market.

It is truly truly awful. How did we sink this low so quickly

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]May be we can get a few Evertonians on loan as a thank you.[/quote]

As long as we don''t get any like Patrick Boyle. [:''(]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Wiz"]Oh this is laughable, what a mess. [:D][/quote] Wow. Seriously Wiz. Come on.[/quote]

One word GP...........irony.

Do you for one nano second really think I''m happy about it?

[/quote]Aaaaaaaaand, backtrack....

TBF, there was never a position of ''football consultant'' on the new footballing board. The original plan was a technical director (Ricky Martin), a chief scout (Barry Simmonds), a manager (Neil Adams) and the CEO (David McNally).  

"Little more than 6 months after joining the club" On the story, erm what? Has he been here since January? I thought I''d experienced a Futurama style time lapse when I first read the story

I questioned this whole idea of Royle as ''consultant'' right from the off, so I''m not at all surprised by this development.Either Adams is good enough to be our manager on his own or he isn''t. Time will tell.

And as sure as night follows day, the usual suspects can''t wait to revel in a bit of bad news....

Oh.

That does look poor from us. And also means anyone else we now go for is certainly not who we originally wanted.

It''s poor - and very surprising. Maybe some more information will shed a bit more light on the situation, but a bit of a disaster for us really.

On a related note - anyone who has read Harry Redknapps autobiography (which is actually quite a good read) will know that Redknapp spoke to Royle a couple years back about getting back into footballer to which Royle replied:

"They don''t give a fuck. I couldn''t go back to it Harry, it would drive me mad. I use to enjoy it, but not anymore".

Wonder what changed since.... (money, obviously).