Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

New season bets for the PuPs

[quote user="lake district canary"]

What I write on here and what I talk about in "real life" will be somewhat different.  . 

[/quote]

So do you print nonsense and talk a good game or print a good game and talk nonsense Lakey ?  [*-)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]

What I write on here and what I talk about in "real life" will be somewhat different.  . 

[/quote]

So do you print nonsense and talk a good game or print a good game and talk nonsense Lakey ?  [*-)]

[/quote]

Like most people, I write/talk nonsense most of the time, with occasional moments of lucidity. 

Very few people write/talk sense all the time.

Some never talk any sense at all........

That''s life...........

One for the early part of the season:

£5 for every player in the following list who is still with us after the transfer window closes:

Bassong

Olsson

Tettey

Fer

Redmod

Pilkington

Hoolahan

Snodgrass

Hooper

Van Wolfswinkel

Nigel,

It''s good that we''ve kept as many players as we have and I''ll make sure £30 is on its way to you tomorrow.

[quote user="woostercanary"]One for the early part of the season:

£5 for every player in the following list who is still with us after the transfer window closes:

Bassong

Olsson

Tettey

Fer

Redmod

Pilkington

Hoolahan

Snodgrass

Hooper

Van Wolfswinkel

Nigel,

It''s good that we''ve kept as many players as we have and I''ll make sure £30 is on its way to you tomorrow.[/quote]top bloke.

GingerPele, I''ll have to go back and check but I believe you said money if bradders started in any of the first three? ;) apologies if it was "doesn''t" start in any of the first three

[quote user="woostercanary"]One for the early part of the season:

Bassong

Olsson

Tettey

Fer

Redmod

Pilkington

Hoolahan

Snodgrass

Hooper

Van Wolfswinkel

Nigel,

It''s good that we''ve kept as many players as we have and I''ll make sure £30 is on its way to you tomorrow.[/quote]

All received thanks Wooster. As with last season''s pledges these monies will be added to the winnings and not used to fund the bets.

To celebrate what I think has been a great window for a relegated team I''m going to pledge £1 for every goal Hooper scores this season. I reckon jdawg32 will be happy to match it. What you say jdawg?

Think it''s time to bump this up. I''m going to have stump up £11 and I expect it to be and hope it is more.

And it looks like we will have plenty more to come at the end of the season.

For all the moaning about this forum deep down it''s a cracking community of which we can all be well proud.

Nice one Nutty

I was thinking about this the other day, and am glad you had your finger on the pulse to bump this up. You should get a nice little amount, having just read through them all again.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I will donate £5 at the end of every month throughout the season if LDC does not start a thread during that month. [/quote]

You realise that is ten months - August to May.   

I like a challenge that means something,  so you''d better save up your pennies Til.  

Oh - and if you''re around  I''ll meet you at the Watford game for that pint.  As you''re going to be forking out a bit for pups, I''ll do the buying!

All thanks for stopping me starting threads go to Til 1010  (but it doesn''t stop me posting on other threads [;)] ).

Syonara!

[/quote]

By my reckoning Nutty I owe you 15 quid and Lakey 30 with a month to go.

If City1st or Wiz post on here before the season ends I will give 5 quid for either or both of them. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

If City1st or Wiz post on here before the season ends I will give 5 quid for either or both of them. [:D]

[/quote]

Anybody spotted them yet ? [:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]They could both be here everyday without us knowing. :)

But Robert Poole has rocked up on another thread..[/quote]And I saw him "Huzzah" [;)]

Parma Hams gone mouldy wrote:

Think it might be pledge time of the season...so to get the ball rolling I''ll chip £20 if Norwich get promoted... Parma

Great stuff Parma. There''s already some pledges carried over from the beginning of the season on this thread. Add it to that buddy and we can keep bumping it and keep track. How many more goals do ya reckon Hooper may get?? Wink [;)]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3137249/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Bumpety bump bump for those who have outstanding pledges.

[/quote]
I was going to pledge £30 if we got promoted, but forgot to post it. But will give you it anyway, while I am still in a post Wembley state of euphoria.
Who still owes?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Sorry Til. They''re both back[:S]

Grazie Parma.....

The pony galloped past my doorpost today[Y][:)] You''ve been an absolute star on these threads all season buddy.

I''ve also settled up my own Hooper pledge. And we already had Wooster''s and Lakey''s. So these pledges have so far added £97 to our funds raised and there''s much more to come....

Quick bump...

I know those I see will settle up next time we meet. For the others  my paypal is canaryeddie@aol.com that is also my email address to contact me on. These pledges were made a long time ago and people do come and go a lot on this forum. Please don''t go judging people who made these pledges in good faith[:)]

Poster Pledge Amount Paid
Johnny Stump Beat ipswich twice 10
NWC If a striker gets 20 goals 10
Old Shuck 5 goals in a league game 10
Splutcho Any hat-trick 10
Wooster Transfer window 30 30
Newcastle Uni Finish 3rd 34
Gingerpele Bradders starts 10
nutty nigel Hooper''s goals 12 12
LDC Lakey''s threads 35 35
Tilly Lakey''s threads 15
Tilly Wiz''s posts 5
Parma Promotion 20 20
Morty Promotion 30  
231 97

still quite the impressive amount. Just started working again as I''m done with Uni for the summer, and despite Jerome not hitting the golden boot, he did a solid effort and will try and get a little money to the cause when the cheques come marching in.and I know it''s a bit early, but I think another one of these for the begging of the new season would be great

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Quick bump...

I know those I see will settle up next time we meet. For the others  my paypal is canaryeddie@aol.com that is also my email address to contact me on. These pledges were made a long time ago and people do come and go a lot on this forum. Please don''t go judging people who made these pledges in good faith[:)]

PosterPledgeAmountPaid
Johnny StumpBeat ipswich twice10
NWCIf a striker gets 20 goals10
Old Shuck5 goals in a league game10
SplutchoAny hat-trick10
WoosterTransfer window3030
Newcastle UniFinish 3rd34
GingerpeleBradders starts10
nutty nigelHooper''s goals1212
LDCLakey''s threads3535
TillyLakey''s threads15
TillyWiz''s posts5
ParmaPromotion2020
MortyPromotion30 

[/quote]

I was talking to Nutty last night about getting my money to him and it would appear I am not the only one with money still outstanding so come on guys and gals let''s get the new season off to a flyer.

Sorry - I have been slacking in payment.Been off the pinkun for ages following house move and cr@p at work blahdyblahdyblah...I''ll get my money to nutty now - and try and make a bit more effort on the pups thread especially as WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!! :)(never get tired of hearing that!!!!)

Thanks NWC. We now have £339 in the pot for the next presentation![:)]

What a team of PUPs we have! Hope you''re all getting rested and refreshed to go again in August.[Y]