Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

New season bets for the PuPs

Whilst things are gathering momentum for the (eagerly?) awaited fixtures/signings, I got thinking.

After the success of people pledging money at the end of last season if we scored goals/got points/relegated etc, I wonder if anyone wants to put their money where the rumour mill ''mouth'' is and do something similar?

For example I would be prepared to pay £25 if Grant Holt plays for us in a Championship game next season.

Anyone else want to contribute with an idea/pledge, for a good cause?

I will donate £10 if any of our strikers score more than 20 goals next season.

One for the early part of the season:

£5 for every player in the following list who is still with us after the transfer window closes:

Bassong

Olsson

Tettey

Fer

Redmod

Pilkington

Hoolahan

Snodgrass

Hooper

Van Wolfswinkel

£25 pledged if we go the first 7 league games unbeaten.

£10 if Adams gets the sack before the end of September

£10 if the away kit is red

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Whilst things are gathering momentum for the (eagerly?) awaited fixtures/signings, I got thinking. After the success of people pledging money at the end of last season if we scored goals/got points/relegated etc, I wonder if anyone wants to put their money where the rumour mill ''mouth'' is and do something similar? For example I would be prepared to pay £25 if Grant Holt plays for us in a Championship game next season. Anyone else want to contribute with an idea/pledge, for a good cause?[/quote]

*This* [:)][:)][:)][U][U][U]

Nonsense Herr?

Nice to know you think charity is nonsense. And you know this is a thread, you can''t even troll properly. Well done. How do you expect a thread to be moved into a thread? And this is a NCFC thread.

Go troll somewhere else please.

I will donate £5 at the end of every month throughout the season if LDC does not start a thread during that month.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I will donate £5 at the end of every month throughout the season if LDC does not start a thread during that month. [/quote]

You realise that is ten months - August to May.   

I like a challenge that means something,  so you''d better save up your pennies Til.  

Oh - and if you''re around  I''ll meet you at the Watford game for that pint.  As you''re going to be forking out a bit for pups, I''ll do the buying!

All thanks for stopping me starting threads go to Til 1010  (but it doesn''t stop me posting on other threads [;)] ).

Syonara!

I somehow think Lakey it will be far harder for you not to start threads than it will be for me to pull £50 out of my pocket. As for the Watford game you are on but please don''t tell me what I should drink, how much I should drink and how often I should drink. [:P]

where will all this money go ?is there not a worthy cause an old man say, in his dotage who might love to watch a game at Carrow Road, to be able to sing along with On The Ball City (at whatever speed), to gaze misty eyed at well known City landmarks from whatever stand he is inif only

I would willingly donate a tenner, and a couple of quid for a half before the game (don''t want him getting legless)

[quote user="City1st"]where will all this money go ?is there not a worthy cause an old man say, in his dotage who might love to watch a game at Carrow Road, to be able to sing along with On The Ball City (at whatever speed), to gaze misty eyed at well known City landmarks from whatever stand he is inif onlyI would willingly donate a tenner, and a couple of quid for a half before the game (don''t want him getting legless)[/quote]

Hope you have your bib on this morning, don''t want you dribbling into your cornflakes..............

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I somehow think Lakey it will be far harder for you not to start threads than it will be for me to pull £50 out of my pocket. As for the Watford game you are on but please don''t tell me what I should drink, how much I should drink and how often I should drink. [:P][/quote]

The question is, if you''re not enjoying the drink is it because your expectation of the drink was unrealistic, the person who supplied the drink wasn''t capable or the management of the establishment where you are drinking have been negligent?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I somehow think Lakey it will be far harder for you not to start threads than it will be for me to pull £50 out of my pocket. As for the Watford game you are on but please don''t tell me what I should drink, how much I should drink and how often I should drink. [:P][/quote]

The question is, if you''re not enjoying the drink is it because your expectation of the drink was unrealistic, the person who supplied the drink wasn''t capable or the management of the establishment where you are drinking have been negligent?

[/quote]

In Lakeys case he would blame the management if he was drinking Ad(n)ams. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I somehow think Lakey it will be far harder for you not to start threads than it will be for me to pull £50 out of my pocket. As for the Watford game you are on but please don''t tell me what I should drink, how much I should drink and how often I should drink. [:P][/quote]The question is, if you''re not enjoying the drink is it because your expectation of the drink was unrealistic, the person who supplied the drink wasn''t capable or the management of the establishment where you are drinking have been negligent?

[/quote]In Lakeys case he would blame the management if he was drinking Ad(n)ams. [:D]

[/quote]

What I write on here and what I talk about in "real life" will be somewhat different.  I tend to respect real people.   A message board, though, with a large proportion of idiots, trolls, lunatics and wind up merchants on it, is harder to take seriously. If you think my posts/threads are tedious, then that is nothing compared to my tedium of reading the non stop diatribe of negativity that pervades this board most of the time.  Thankfully there are enough decent posters to make it worthwhile coming on here - atm. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City1st"]where will all this money go ?is there not a worthy cause an old man say, in his dotage who might love to watch a game at Carrow Road, to be able to sing along with On The Ball City (at whatever speed), to gaze misty eyed at well known City landmarks from whatever stand he is inif onlyI would willingly donate a tenner, and a couple of quid for a half before the game (don''t want him getting legless)[/quote]

Hope you have your bib on this morning, don''t want you dribbling into your cornflakes..............

[/quote]blimeyless than 8 hours and you are back ranting and raving (possible earlier if I could be bothered to look)and posting on here before 8 in the morning !and doubtlessly you will still be here through the day till last thing at night

as said elsewhere

weirdvery weird

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City1st"]where will all this money go ?is there not a worthy cause an old man say, in his dotage who might love to watch a game at Carrow Road, to be able to sing along with On The Ball City (at whatever speed), to gaze misty eyed at well known City landmarks from whatever stand he is inif onlyI would willingly donate a tenner, and a couple of quid for a half before the game (don''t want him getting legless)[/quote]Hope you have your bib on this morning, don''t want you dribbling into your cornflakes..............[/quote]blimeyless than 8 hours and you are back ranting and raving (possible earlier if I could be bothered to look)and posting on here before 8 in the morning !and doubtlessly you will still be here through the day till last thing at nightas said elsewhereweirdvery weird[/quote]Not half as weird as you sunshine. 

A thread that starts off with the intention of raising money for charity via the PUPs descends into the kind of playground infantilism that drives posters away from this message-board. It is little wonder there are doubts over the contined existence of the PUPs.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]A thread that starts off with the intention of raising money for charity via the PUPs descends into the kind of playground infantilism that drives posters away from this message-board. It is little wonder there are doubts over the contined existence of the PUPs.[/quote]

Yeah, you''re right - I blame Tilly - but then he did say he''d donate up to £50. 

Ok, back on track - I''ll donate £1 for every week we are top of the league next season. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]A thread that starts off with the intention of raising money for charity via the PUPs descends into the kind of playground infantilism that drives posters away from this message-board. It is little wonder there are doubts over the contined existence of the PUPs.
[/quote]

Exactly what has driven me away from this site. Far too much name calling, old scores and puerile drivel , which has lead to this becoming a pointless place to be. The search for information and a bit of sensible debate , is completely overshadowed by the rubbish.