Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Patrick Bamford

He''d be a fantastic signing. Young talent who has more than a sensible head on his shoulders (so AN should see that attitude isn''t an issue). Clearly a very talented player who, having just won Championship Player of the Year would likely be a good signing for a lower Premier League team.

If these rumours are to be believed then it would seem Mourinho would want a guarantee of a regular starting spot for Bamford, and imho, from what we''ve seen of our brilliant young manager, I don''t believe Alex Neil would agree to that stipulation whatsoever - it''s perhaps also why we didn''t see the Celta Vigo chap join us.

Norwich are now 3/1 to land Bamford with Sheff Weds the favorites , Hooper is also 8/13 to join Weds and 5/2 to still be at Norwich . Thats a very tempting price for Hooper if you think we will keep him , but knowing us we will sell the best striker at the club and bring in a kid on loan untested at the level .

I have to say I don''t see this thing about Hooper being so fantastic - he hasn''t been a starting XI player in the two seasons he''s been at the club, so can hardly be said to be the

best we have. I''d be happy to keep him, but he is really only a squad player; IMO Bamford is better.

I think we will keep Hooper now. He did well playing as the lone striker in the second half and provided the assist for Andreu''s first goal, then scored himself from an assist by Andreu. Could that be a possible link-up for the future? Bamford could be another combination option for Hooper and the other strikers. Hope it happens.

Hooper hasn''t played because he can''t really play as a lone striker. As a second striker there''s not much better at this moment that I think we can get imo

Hoops may not a "lone striker" for us, but he''s a natural finisher and always will be. Look how many he got in a cr*p season under Hughton, and then how many from the bench last season.

An absolute must to stay in my imo!