Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Patrick Bamford

Actually, I agree with this. He would be a good signing... if we weren''t already rich with forwards. Bamford is a striker who can also play right-wing (as in on the right side of a 4-3-3). As of writing Norwich have:
Lafferty
Becchio
Grabban
Hooper
RVW
all competing for one, maybe 2 central striking roles (assuming that Grabban doesn''t play wide of course). Norwich need a new RB or CB (depending on R. Martins position) immediately just so they have enough cover in those roles, they don''t need another striker/winger.

[quote user="Herman "]Not a bad record for a 20 year old. Loan or buy though?[/quote]It is thought that Derby would have wanted to buy him if they had been promoted to the Premier League but might now only be able to afford to sign him on-loan again. I doubt they have as much money as Norwich.He seems like an intelligent person (he turned down an offer from Harvard University) and is well grounded rather than a big-time Charlie. I think his personality would fit in well with Norwich.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I think that he would make a good signing for Norwich.[/quote]
He probably needs scouting by a proper scout first.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="tom cavendish"]I think that he would make a good signing for Norwich.
[/quote]

He probably needs scouting by a proper scout first.

[/quote]

perhaps we could pay his club a "peppercorn rent"

[quote user="tom cavendish"]He seems like an intelligent person (he turned down an offer from Harvard University)[/quote]Probably turn us down because we don''t have a stadium at the UEA.

Leather tanners are always looking for high grade dog Sh** and quality P..s.

You seem to be collecting a fortunes worth Tom[;)]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Would rather sign Patrick Moore.

[/quote]

That was a short break. You must use a battery charger to freshen up.

Would be happy enough with this. As stated above, we could play him as well as another target man as well so could see enough goals from say Redmond, him and Jerome and 3 cms.

Hmmm - 19 goals and player of the season on the Champs last season? - it''d be a ''yes'' from me but I''m not sure we''ve been ''properly'' linked. You do have to bear in mind that he was injured when we played them, so shouldn''t let his performances against us cloud our opinion.

I disagree Mrs M - all things being equal you would normally want to buy your players but the goal is to stay up, if a couple of loan players help with that I''m happy enough.

oh I''m not knocking loan players, they can be extremely helpful, but I don''t see the point in loaning young players when we''re in such a big league. I''d be delighted if we bought Bamford because there''s so much potential there, yet I think if he came just on loan for the season he would struggle.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I disagree Mrs M - all things being equal you would normally want to buy your players but the goal is to stay up, if a couple of loan players help with that I''m happy enough.[/quote]Quite. We only have a limited amount of money to spend on transfers. Obviously loan deals are not free, but they tend to cost less than fully-fledged transfers. I think we have tended to underuse the loan market over the last few seasons. In the summer of 2011 we got in de Laet and Naughton, with the latter certainly a success, in the summer of 2013 only Harry Kane, and in the summer of 2013 no-one.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I disagree Mrs M - all things being equal you would normally want to buy your players but the goal is to stay up, if a couple of loan players help with that I''m happy enough.[/quote]Quite. We only have a limited amount of money to spend on transfers. Obviously loan deals are not free, but they tend to cost less than fully-fledged transfers. I think we have tended to underuse the loan market over the last few seasons. In the summer of 2011 we got in de Laet and Naughton, with the latter certainly a success, in the summer of 2013 only Harry Kane AND GARRIDO and in the summer of 2013 no-one.[/quote]

If loan players improve the starting 11 then it''s a no brained, loan them in. As said the goal this season is to survive.

Is Bamford that player to improve our starting 11

? Not sure he would be anything more than a squad player.....should he sign long term then yes please he''s certainly going to be a talent in future years.

Don''t see how he is an upgrade on anything we already have . he''s not a powerful big striker in fact build wise he is more a Wolfswinkle type and we all know how lightweight most of you thought he was . If we are not going to bring in better than we already have may as well just save the money .

Well, the rumours are getting more frequent and he could be the next one coming in... I ''m not against a signing like Bamford, has a lot of potential and will do everything he can to prove himself at this level...

Why is there so much negativity surrounding him signing? I think he will score goals...

I think people are judging him from his performances against us, but he is clearly better than that - as being voted the league''s player of the season shows. As to whether he''s better than what we have, it is definitely a ''yes'' from me.