Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Bring back Roberts!

Aparently we have a striker crisis at the club if what you read is to be believed. So how about bringing Roberts back on a pay as you play basis until Aston & co are better.He''s clubless at the moment so surley its got to be a better option than Doc upfront?

And before any of the sarcastic comments come flying in,yes i know he''s a tad on the old side but he so am i thats why im backing him!

Would never happen. What are we supposed to do when he leaves, give him another massive send off like before?!

No doubt he''d relish the chance to come back and get his 100 goals, but he''s had his time, and we should be looking to the future.

[quote]I would bring back Duncan Forbes & Graham Paddon as well & thats all our problems solved.[/quote]

I suspect Dean Coney might be about to hit a rich vein of form!!!!

In just over a season two Gillingham managers have made it clear that they do not want Iwan Roberts as a player or coach. Perhaps we should remember that this was the player who let it be known ( at contract renewal ) that he would never ever wear a Norwich shirt again.

It is a difficult choice but I think I would prefer Gary Doherty up front, or maybe Adrian Paz.

[quote]Aparently we have a striker crisis at the club if what you read is to be believed. So how about bringing Roberts back on a pay as you play basis until Aston & co are better.He''s clubless at the mo...[/quote]

ARE U MAD FIRSTLY ROBERTS IS REALY OLD AND CRAP AND ASHTON AND HUCKS WILL PLAY ITS OFFICIAL BACK PAGE EDP

[quote]ARE U MAD FIRSTLY ROBERTS IS REALY OLD AND CRAP AND ASHTON AND HUCKS WILL PLAY ITS OFFICIAL BACK PAGE EDP[/quote]

try find your caps lock mate!

on-topic: i would not mind roberts coming back, maybe as a platyer/coach for this year, before retiring to become a coach at the club.

i know i would, and he would love to end his career back at norwich.

btu its doubtful

I''d have to say that this suggestion is pure craziness. If Ashton is struggling how do you think Iwan "bluntest of tools" Roberts is going to do. I loved Iwan when he was here because during a dark period for the club he was one of the very few bright lights for Norwich. But Norwich City have moved on so to say that Roberts should come back to play for us is just wrong.

...I''m confused... are we talking Dale Roberts here? - that fine Suffolk cart-horse who used to plough the furrows down at the local tip... he could do a job... or is it Alf Roberts ? - that fine shop-keeper from up North somewhere... he''d be a useful target man...

Despite how much i like Roberts why do you not think he has managed to cut it at Cambridge and now Gillingham.  Gillingham actually overlooked him a couple of weeks when they themselves had a striker crisis that is why Iwan has hung up his boots.  Lets leave it as it is - would hate to see him come back and be absolutely awful with people then slating him - dont think he would actually put himself in that position knowing deep down he has had his day.  Look forward not back.

And what about Martin Peters? Seriously if Worthington had kept Roberts for another season we would not be in this mess now. I suggest Roger Mumby for Centre Forward!