Sign in to follow this  
Stangerz

Experience means nothing...

All those stating that the next city manager must have experience means nothing imo.

Let''s take history for example... Bryan Hamilton, Glenn Roder and Chris Hughton. All experienced managers at big clubs. Premiership experience. Transfer experience. Look at what they delivered at Norwich City... A manager signing a bunch of foreign flops signed that couldn''t play football. A manager that virtually guided us to relegation to league 1 with a bunch of loan players. A manager that broke our transfer record on the biggest flop of a striker that played the most boarding football that ultimately got us relegated this season.

Let''s go one further and take a look at David Moyes and Machester United. You couldn''t get any more experienced then Moyes. Hand picked by sir Alex. Ulitimatley a massive flop!!!

Why do we need experience in a Malkay McKay or a Neil Lennon? Surly a motivator in Neil Adams is the way forward. He knows the squad now. He knows who wants to stay and go. Who''s heart is it it and who''s is not. Just remember when Chris Hughton was appointed we herd IMO the worrying statements over and over about analysing videos of the team to decided where he needs to strengthen before making signings in the first summer he was in charge. Do we really want another manager in the hot seat that has to re address and re analysis the players again to decide wether he keeps or lets certain players go. In the meantime we could have been working on our no.1 transfer targets and getting them in!!!

On that basis Neil Adams seems a wise choice for me and shows that experience does not always mean everything!!!

On the other hand... Eddie Howes would be a bright up and coming young manger too that I would like to see at Carrow Road.....

experience means a lot when so much is at stake, get this season wrong we could be in the champs for the next 10 years, adams is not the man we need, give him his old job back and get someone that knows what they are doing. clearly out of his depth.

A motivator like Neil Adams? Who managed to motivate a massive 1 point and 2 goals from 5 games?

He wasn''t left with an easy task but let''s not dress it up like he made a jot of difference.

He played the same way as Hughton, just with worse results. It WAS a tough run of fixtures but that''s the long and the short of it I''m afraid.

Peter Grant - failed

Bryan Gunn - failed

Last time we promoted within (besides Gunn) was Worthy and he delivered success. We just didn''t act on it the right way as a football club and the board again probably held on to their man for to longer then they should have!

Does that not show that experience is not everything...?

no because we could have replaced him at end of last season with an experienced manager in say... tony pulis and we wouldnt be having this conversation and probably still be in the premier league.

Hughton delivered zero points in those return games. However Adams had a team of players motivated and returned at least one point.

Everyone moaning about why he didn''t play two strikers and instead played Elmander up front on his own. Does that not speak volumes that what he probably had seen on the training pitch in regards to ability and commitment from Elmander was more then RVW and Hooper...

We don''t need "a motivator" we need someone that knows tactics. Why do people think that giving a rousing speech and telling the players to get stuck in alone is good management? I could do that!

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]no because we could have replaced him at end of last season with an experienced manager in say... tony pulis and we wouldnt be having this conversation and probably still be in the premier league.[/quote]

And then we would all be moaning about the boarding way Norwich City play football under Tony Pulis

[quote user="splutcho"]We don''t need "a motivator" we need someone that knows tactics. Why do people think that giving a rousing speech and telling the players to get stuck in alone is good management? I could do that![/quote]

Is Neil Adams not qualified in football tactics? I was sure he was a qualified football coach recognised by the F.A.?

People do under evaluate the importance that man management brings to a player and teams success. Look at Harry Rednapp... wanted as England manager for one of his assets being a motivator not only to the players by to the supports of our nation. Good old Harry...

I''m sure he is, but there are those that are far more qualified. And they should be given the job ahead of him.

Not sure how anyone could watch out capitulation at Old Trafford and try and claim we played much, if any, better under Adams. Only really in the Liverpool game did we play well under him, but then we did that against Man City and Spurs under Hughton.

And Redknapp has shown his worth by only making the play offs with a squad that should have about 100 points in the Championship.

[quote user="splutcho"]I''m sure he is, but there are those that are far more qualified. And they should be given the job ahead of him.

Not sure how anyone could watch out capitulation at Old Trafford and try and claim we played much, if any, better under Adams. Only really in the Liverpool game did we play well under him, but then we did that against Man City and Spurs under Hughton.[/quote]

So would you be more excited to see a so called experienced manager in Malky, Lennon, Zola or someone exciting like an up and coming manager like Eddie Howe or a Carl Robinson

I would quite like Eddie Howe actually, but what has that got to do with you saying Neil Adams should be given the job?

Also Howe has managed 278 games.

Malky has managed 229

Zola has managed 155

Lennon has managed 228.

So what the hell are you talking about when you say experienced?

[quote user="splutcho"]We don''t need "a motivator" we need someone that knows tactics. Why do people think that giving a rousing speech and telling the players to get stuck in alone is good management? I could do that![/quote]Apply then. If you can give a motivational speach to the board you might get the job.Adams knows tactics just fine as did Hughton. Unfortunately Hughton didn''t have a clue how to build a squad or keep them motivated.Adams supposed lack of tactical nous is coming from people looking at 5 games with a tired and demoralised group that didn''t have time to learn too many new tricks.What he did was get MUCH improved performances AS A TEAM without confusing too many things that had been drummed into the players for nearly 2 seasons.Adams is the best choice for the Championship I think and will see us into the top 6 if he stays on.Whoever is appointed I do not expect them to get many second chances from the board given the acknowledgement that they held fire too long on Hughton. Reading between the lines McNally even seems to admit that Hughton probably should not have started this last season at Norwich but the last gasp little run bought him a chance. That was my feeling certainly and I found it interesting to feel that it was at least questioned in the board room last summer.

[quote user="splutcho"]I''m sure he is, but there are those that are far more qualified. And they should be given the job ahead of him.

Not sure how anyone could watch out capitulation at Old Trafford and try and claim we played much, if any, better under Adams. Only really in the Liverpool game did we play well under him, but then we did that against Man City and Spurs under Hughton.[/quote]Man Utd first half was average and second half was poor but Man Utd also looked good that day and the Giggs 1st game factor will have been in play too.It was not pretty or fun to watch but I certainly felt it was the odd one out as a performance and perhaps had extenuating circumstances. I would not judge either way from that performance. From the other 4 I think there is enough to say Adams is a good choice for now and managed something from the team that were easily one of the worst in the Premier league over the cause of the season.

[quote user="Stangerz"]All those stating that the next city manager must have experience means nothing imo.

Let''s take history for example... Bryan Hamilton, Glenn Roder and Chris Hughton. All experienced managers at big clubs. Premiership experience. Transfer experience. Look at what they delivered at Norwich City... A manager signing a bunch of foreign flops signed that couldn''t play football. A manager that virtually guided us to relegation to league 1 with a bunch of loan players. A manager that broke our transfer record on the biggest flop of a striker that played the most boarding football that ultimately got us relegated this season.

Let''s go one further and take a look at David Moyes and Machester United. You couldn''t get any more experienced then Moyes. Hand picked by sir Alex. Ulitimatley a massive flop!!!

Why do we need experience in a Malkay McKay or a Neil Lennon? Surly a motivator in Neil Adams is the way forward. He knows the squad now. He knows who wants to stay and go. Who''s heart is it it and who''s is not. Just remember when Chris Hughton was appointed we herd IMO the worrying statements over and over about analysing videos of the team to decided where he needs to strengthen before making signings in the first summer he was in charge. Do we really want another manager in the hot seat that has to re address and re analysis the players again to decide wether he keeps or lets certain players go. In the meantime we could have been working on our no.1 transfer targets and getting them in!!!

On that basis Neil Adams seems a wise choice for me and shows that experience does not always mean everything!!!

On the other hand... Eddie Howes would be a bright up and coming young manger too that I would like to see at Carrow Road.....[/quote]"doesn''t come more experienced than moyes" - yes, moyes was the most experienced man u could of gotten, with all of his trophies and finishing top 4 many seasons in his time at everton.this post screams to me false reasoning. not all experienced managers will be a success, but most will, just as few inexperienced managers could get us promoted, but most wont. we need to give ourselves the best chance of going up the first time round. we need to keep the funds flowing in to our academy etc. and the best chance with that is with an experienced manager.

Some of our mst successful managers had very little experience, Stringer, Walker, Worthington even Lambert had no experience in either the Championship or prem. I''m not convinced at all it should be Adams but I''m not keen on seeing Malky Mackay football either.

If Adams wasn''t an ex player we''d all be livid if taking him on as manager was even talked about. Let him work his way up like basically everyone else has too. We''re too big a club in too big a league to be taking such stupid risks.