Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

A flutter of excitement

There have been plenty of postings on the new manager, and for much of the time more people than usual on this board. It''s like transfer time only much more important.

To judge from comments made, and votes cast, opinion is very mixed. Malky may have more people supporting, but he also seems to have more opposition.

There will be disappointment, whoever is appointed. Not long now.

Then comes the challenge to all of us, to respect the Board''s decision, and get behind the new manager

whatever reservations we may have personally. We have to give him full support unless and until he reveals attitudes which disappoint, either in tactics or style of play.

OTBC

I have more  flutter of impatience - but I know what you mean.

I think most of the external names mentioned are good championship candidates and will give us a good chance of a promotion challenge.   None of them excite me much but I think whoever we get we will be able to get behind them.

What I am far from convinced is whether they can succeed at prem level,  but that is angst for another season.

Get the successful candidate announced tomorrow so they start to get their team in place to change the squad in partnership with the DoF.    Strong positive mental attitude needed for this season across the piece.

Want to get the season started!

Zipper, we need to worry about getting back to the premiership first and foremost. Trying to get a manager that will be a success in the premier league as well makes a difficult task nigh on impossible.

Most managers of promoted sides recently have been replaced. In fact leading a side to promotion is seriously bad for job security. I think only 4 of the last 9 have kept their job a full season - Lambert, Rogers, Allardyce and Bruce, with the latter two already being experienced premiership managers. Replacing your manager after promotion is more the rule than the exception.