Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Stump

New approach needed.

I''ve been giving this a lot of thought lately.Forget all this Director of Football nonsense. In fact forget this new manager nonsense.Given the fact that it''s patently obvious that no manager is good enough to manage Norwich City and it''s been proven that the players can pull of a result when they ignore managers orders, (West Brom, Man City end of last season) here''s my idea:Available players names on match day will be announced 1/2 hour before kick-off at Carrow Road over the PA system, and they will be chosen, clapometer stylee, by the reaction of the crowd, so the loudest cheer for a player and that player makes the team.There are only upsides to this as, if a player has a bad game then they probably won''t be chosen ad infinitum  (i.e. if they are a managers favourite) the crowd will more likely chose a different player next week.It''s a win win situation surely.

Have you considered switching supporting football for following "it''s a knockout"

I think we should have a phone in vote on Radio Norfolk each Friday morning to select the 18 man squad for the weekend followed by a panel of experts to pick the 11 man starting line-up from those then available.The role of Head Coach for Monday to Friday can go to an unemployed youth in the local community to help reduce unemployment in Norfolk and a prize draw for all season ticket holders can be made each week to select the "manager for the game".This way we''ll know what we need to blame for our failure next season before it''s even begun and you get some more value for your bloated season ticket price.

We could always liven things up like the Romans did and turn to McNally at half time for a thumbs up or a thumbs down on a player selected at random at the start of the game - Deal or No Deal style. Or throw on some lions. Or do the half-time multi-ball thing...