Sign in to follow this  
Ron Jeremy, City fan.

Mike Phelan...

Hope so, just popped a couple of quid on him.

Wouldn''t be averse to it either, although if might be a gamble.

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me - even if he didn''t ''effectively manage'' Man U for 5 seasons as he says, he was still Assistant to the man who did - having him in our set up would be no bad thing.

would be a very good call, massively experienced with great contacts in the gamemiggins your judgement is woeful it wasnt very long back you were defending hughton

[quote user="mrs miggins"]good god no, just why would you? I mean the argument for him being a former coach at man utd just isn''t good enough[/quote]

Why isn''t it? It worked wonders for Fulham!

Just what we need to get back at the 1st time of asking, someone who hasnt managed before. If he managed the team for the last 5 years of fergies reign suprised Fergie didnt recommend him when he left. Utter rubbish did he do that, he may have coached them but thats something different than managing a team.

Hence why he might fit in as head coach with an experienced director of football alongside.

Just a thought. Personally I don''t work in the game so I have no idea if he is better or worse than any of the other suggestions.

I just hope DM is seeking opinions from a wide number of credible sources before the board make their decision.

Anyone know what Mike Phelan has been doing since he was let go by Manure a year ago?Or why he has not been employed by another club?

Why would Iain Moody move away from Premier League Palace?

I live Phelan and think he could be good, but he may be too much of a risk.

Every manager needs a good assistant but not all good assistants make good managers

I would have to assume that Phelan is someone the Board has spoken to. Whether or not he''s up to the job as first team manager, who knows.

As someone else has said, he may well have pretty much ''managed'' the first team at Man U, working underneath Fergie. But that''s very different to actually ''leading'' the team. Inspiring them, motivating them and when necessary, bollocking them.

If Phelan was running the show for the last 5 years, he''d have been a shoe-in for the top job.

Whether or not Phelan could be tempted to be first team coaching, working under Malky and alongside Adams..... that would be my idea of a great management team.

iron_stan wrote the following post at 14/05/2014 9:58 PM:

would be a very good call, massively experienced with great contacts in the game

miggins your judgement is woeful it wasnt very long back you were defending hughton

-----------------------------------------------------------

i''m afraid i really couldn''t care less what you post, if it was a poster who has talked sense in the past for example, I believe I would, yet every post you make is pure drivel...and thats coming from me.

''Great contacts in the game'' = who the hell cares about that, does that make you manager material?