Sign in to follow this  
Norwichcitynut

Dunston Hall Tonight

Someone that works at Dunston Hall has just said Malky Mackay, Mike Phelan and Nigel Clough are staying there tonight. No idea if it''s true or if he''s on a wind up.

Even if this is all made up, Nigel Clough is a name I haven''t seen mentioned anywhere yet.I''d be inclined to say no. Didn''t do a great deal with Derby over a number of season, but Steve McClaren has come in and almost immediately turned them into a team which looks as if they deserve to be heading to the Premier League. I don''t know whether that says more about McClaren or Clough though.Given the choice out of the three names in the first post, I''d go for Malky.

Rogue Baboon, I paased Jonas coming out of breakfast at Dunston Hall in January, so it is still at least one of the hotels of choice.

Dunston Hall used by loan players or players waiting for houses.Sprowston Manor used by the away teams

They use both sites equally I believe.

Away teams are often at Dunston, I saw the Man utd team bus there this season on the morning of our home match against them. I also know some of the loanees have stayed at Sprowston Manor this season during their spell at the club.

Nothing to do with being a nice man. Has worked wonders at Sheff Utd this season. Is a young up and coming manager and will be a very good one.

Had talked about Phelan with a friend when the prospect of Director of Football came up.

He''s experienced and will have built a good network of international contacts in his time at Man Utd which would perhaps also make him a good go to man for a younger manager.

I''m the official bread supplier to Dunston Hall and confirm that they ordered 15 additional loaves of Hovis. So it''s not inconceivable that Nigel Clough is there, of course Mick McCarthy also likes his ''Ovis too.

There''s a bloody big hill near Dunston too going in to the city, just saying like. Nowt taken out.

Clough is a bit of a surprise - was thought to be hard done by when sacked  and did well with Sheffield, but McLaren did kick the team on once he took over at Derby - not sure Clough would have delivered that in the long run.   And that would be my concern with him coming here,   but an interesting option.

No way Clough should be anywhere near consideration for the job. He could not get Derby up and McClaren has turned pretty much the same team into promotion contenders.

If the shortlist is 4 as reported that would suggest Malky, Clough, Phelan and Adams. Take your pick from that.

Of course this could just be a worthless rumour! Or one is being considered for the Director of football.

The hotel talk is quite obvious, if they fly into Norwich they use Sprowston Manor & Drive in they use Dunston Hall.

There is absolutely no chance that Clough is on the short list. I have nothing to base this on other than common sense.

Clough has done absolutely nothing in his long management career to suggest he''s a Premiership manager in the making. McNally''s looking for a sure thing not a second rate Mr Nice Guy (oh, hang on a minute...)

Secondly, I find it completely implausible that NCFC would book 3 prospective managers into the same hotel. It''s too ridiculous for words.

There''s Malky having a quiet bite to eat in the corner of the restaurant - he looks up to see Nigel Clough at another table perusing the sweet trolley and Mike Phelan having a drink at the bar.

Do me a favour.

[quote user="Norwichcitynut"]Someone that works at Dunston Hall has just said Malky Mackay, Mike Phelan and Nigel Clough are staying there tonight. No idea if it''s true or if he''s on a wind up.[/quote]

I GENUINELY know someone who works at Dunston hall, she tells me if she was to disclose details to anyone of who was staying at the hotel its a sackable offence...

whats your friends name?

[quote user="splutcho"]Nothing to do with being a nice man. Has worked wonders at Sheff Utd this season. Is a young up and coming manager and will be a very good one.[/quote]

Does he count as ''up and coming'' now? He''s been in management for 16 years!

He did impress me with recent interviews on TV. He seems to command respect and knows football extremely well. Plus he has good management genes. However he''s only been at Sheffield Utd since September and got to the FA Cup semi final, a very rare thing for a third tier side, so I''m sure he''d be keen to stay a while longer considering his long tenures at Burton and Derby.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]There''s Malky having a quiet bite to eat in the corner of the restaurant - he looks up to see Nigel Clough at another table perusing the sweet trolley and Mike Phelan having a drink at the bar. Do me a favour.[/quote]

Ha haaa, I actually laughed out loud reading that. Excellent point.